1900 Park Fare - Dinner 12/2/06

mom2alix

<font color=teal>I know he is always on my side<br
For this meal, we were joined by the other family we vacationed with and became a group of 10, as follows:

Our family
DH
Me
DD4
DS2

Their family
Mr. B
Mrs. B
Stitch – age 9
Scamp – age 5
The twins – 18 months Mickey and Minnie

First off, despite leaving 1 hour before our ADR time to travel from WL to GF, we were 40 minutes late for our 7:50 PM ADR. That’s right, we left for the GF at 6:50 PM and arrived at 8:30 PM, but this isn’t a review of Disney transportation. Apparently they only hold reservations for 20 minutes, in case you wanted to know the official policy. Fortunately for us, Mike who was running the check-in desk, got us a table anyway and I am extremely grateful. He may not be on the YOMD team, but he was definitely my hero on Saturday night!

The food here was excellent. I’d seen the reviews here on the Dis and I have to agree, this was the best character buffet on property (and I’m a huge CP fan, too). Everything was fresh and the perfect temperature. The wait staff was wonderful and the characters were charming. I especially liked the chicken artichoke pasta and the guys were big fans of the prime rib. The kids went back several times for the pizza and a good time was had by all. This made our list of Must-do’s for the next trip. We did the breakfast last trip and really liked it too. DH said we may even have to do BOTH the breakfast and the dinner next trip.

Rating:
Service: A+
Food: A+
Atmosphere: A

Overall: Highly recommend!!!

I agree about 1900 Park Fare. We think it is the best buffet on property. We like both the breakfast and the dinner. The Strawberry Soup is my favorite food in all of WDW.

How did you make your way to the GF from the WL? I can't imagine it taking that long. It did take us close to an hour to get from the WL to the GF for a dinner at Narcoossee's one night, but that was as much due to our limitations as it was the transportation. It was a late reservation and we had sleeping children in the stroller, so we took the boat directly to the MK (which makes it's way there by way of Ft. Wilderness at that hour) and then hopped the resort monorail to the GF (which was a little crowded given the fact that it was both close to MK closing and a MVMCP night). Still, it was nice to be able to get from the WL to the GF without waking the kids. But between the various boats (including the launch to the Contemporary) and the monorail I can't imagine it taking an hour and forty minutes unless the monorail was having problems.

We just went there 12/7 for dinner. We too left 1 hr before from our resort and we were late. We ended up taking a cab due to the lack of buses running. But like you said, that is a whole other topic!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner. My DH liked the prime rib, the rest of us thought it was just OK. We really enjoyed Chef Mickey's earlier in our trip.

Disney transportation is very lacking when travelling between resorts. Resorts to parks, DTD, etc. is usually ok, but if you have to use the bus system to get from one resort to another (i.e. Port Orleans to GF).....not pretty unless you know ALL the options.

DisneyKidds said:
How did you make your way to the GF from the WL? I can't imagine it taking that long.

We took the boat to MK, then the monorail. It was a nightmare. We chose that route as the buses had been really horrible earlier that afternoon (we waited 30 minutes for a bus to MK) and we thought the boat might be better. Ironically, I think we could have gotten to an Epcot restaurant in better time. I don't know if it was the extra crowds due to the parade taping or what, but transportation to MK area from WL was really, really bad on Saturday.

Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear about your transportation woes, but at least you were still able to enjoy your meal. :thumbsup2

DisneyKidds said:
Disney transportation is very lacking when travelling between resorts. Resorts to parks, DTD, etc. is usually ok, but if you have to use the bus system to get from one resort to another (i.e. Port Orleans to GF).....not pretty unless you know ALL the options.

You are so right! I think the only good option on that night would have been a cab. :rolleyes: But we made it and the staff at Park Fare was kind enough to accomodate us and the food was good, so hakuna matata!!! :teeth:

Thanx for the reviews. I will be going to 1900 with 5 kids soon and its good to know its a great choice. Now I also know to leave plenty of travel time being we are staying at POR. Thanx again for the reviews and its good to hear all worked out well.

We had an awful exp. once with disney transport and never use it anymore. (it took us 2 1/2 hours to get back to POFQ from the luau at Poly). I'm so glad you were able to get in and enjoy your meal!

ohh. Disney transportation is great when it works as it should. But get on a stuck monorail, or have a MIA bus and :sad2: :furious:
Glad they made some magic for you.
We will have to make a point of eating breakfast there. Sounds yummy.
We like the dinner buffet. (Very cool at opening time.) But we can do without the characters. (Sometimes you feel like a nut...)

We went to the GF to go check out the Ginger bread house and we were all sTaRvInG!!!!! I asked if they had any openings for 5 and they did! So we were lucky to eat there! We were NOT disappointed! The food was excellent! I would def eat there again! We had transportation problems aswell. The girl at the valet told us the monorail wasn't running so we went to use the ferry but the ferry wasn't coming (maybe due to the electric light lake parade or something). SO after about 45 min and seeing multiple monorails going back and forth and looking like they were in perfect running condition, we went back 2 the monorail on get on, no prob. That was the only snag. Food- YUMMMMMMMMY!!!!!

Thanks for the review. We will be eating dinner there on Wednesday. We will be at MK that day so I hope plan to just go straight there and then back into the park after dinner.

mom0299 said:
Thanks for the review. We will be eating dinner there on Wednesday. We will be at MK that day so I hope plan to just go straight there and then back into the park after dinner.

That's the best way to do it, I think. You shouldn't have any trouble getting back and forth from MK to GF. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter