1st Cruise

Same boat here! No pun intended, haha. We're hardcore Disney folk, but just switched our DCL itinerary to a 7 day on Harmony of the Seas. Saved us $3000 and we got a SUITE room! Little nervous, but getting excited about the differences too.

More questions lol, I have seen things about formal events is this like every night or just once per cruise or what, we are not "formal" type of people lol i cant even get my son to wear jeans his wardrobe consists of baskeball shorts or joghing pants with a tshirt lol so what are the rules of formal lol..and ive heard things about drinks, like tea water and juice is available for free but sodas cost correct?? Ive also heard u cant bring sodas on RC??
You get 1 formal night on cruises less than 5 days, 2 for 7-12 (I think) and 3 for longer. I had a jacket, shirt and some nice pants and that was more than ok. If you can get him to wear something like a polo and dark jeans it will probably be fine.

We brought aboard 12 bottles of water for the cruise, no issues. The key is that the water/soda/wine can only be brought aboard during embarkation.

Included drinks I saw on the Indy this week - brewed coffee, tea, water, milk, hot chocolate, lemonade, iced tea, apple, orange, strawberry kiwi.

More questions lol...we havent booked yet I am going to either next week or the week after, I am thinking about a Balcony room but everyone says to try and get mid ship but that isnt available for balcony, should I go to ocean view or interior or just get balcony on front or back
I'd still go for the balcony, as close to center as you can get it. If given a choice I prefer back to the front, but that's just personal taste.

On formal/dress your best night, don't worry about it. Don't show up in the dining room in a bathing suit, but if you can get your son to wear a decent pair of jeans and a polo shirt, that will be fine.

Other than that, have a great time! Also, each night they'll leave a "Cruise Compass" on your bed. Look that over pretty carefully as it will give you a good idea of what activities are happening on the ship (and off, in the case of Coco Cay).

Ok this may sound strange...can u carry aresol sunscreen with u? The spray kind is so much easier than lotion lol...also passports ive been told we dont need them but then i also see a lot of people talking about them??

Ok this may sound strange...can u carry aresol sunscreen with u? The spray kind is so much easier than lotion lol...also passports ive been told we dont need them but then i also see a lot of people talking about them??
You can bring aerosol sprays. They're definitely convenient but I find that you don't get as much bang for your buck.

Personally I use a non-aerosol spray sunscreen called Kinesys. Goes on wet but absorbs quickly. Not reef safe but less messy than cream-based sunscreens. Small bottle so carry-on friendly but lasts quite a while. Main drawback is that because it is a liquid sunscreen, the contents can leak out when you're in the air, so I always stick mine in a zip-top bag to help minimize leakage onto clothes.

Passports... since I'm Canadian I always carry mine onto cruises but then leave them in the stateroom safe. I know for "closed loop" trips (start and end in the US) you could, in theory, not bring the passport but I don't think it's that's much of a hassle to carry yours, "just in case".

You can bring aerosol sprays. They're definitely convenient but I find that you don't get as much bang for your buck.

Personally I use a non-aerosol spray sunscreen called Kinesys. Goes on wet but absorbs quickly. Not reef safe but less messy than cream-based sunscreens. Small bottle so carry-on friendly but lasts quite a while. Main drawback is that because it is a liquid sunscreen, the contents can leak out when you're in the air, so I always stick mine in a zip-top bag to help minimize leakage onto clothes.

Passports... since I'm Canadian I always carry mine onto cruises but then leave them in the stateroom safe. I know for "closed loop" trips (start and end in the US) you could, in theory, not bring the passport but I don't think it's that's much of a hassle to carry yours, "just in case".
Ok we dont have passports thats why i was asking lol from what ive seen it will be like almost 200 each to get them

Ok we dont have passports thats why i was asking lol from what ive seen it will be like almost 200 each to get them
I think it's up to you whether you want to get them or not. If you're planning on doing more out of country travel then it's clearly a good idea to get the passports (or a passport card if you're just gonna cruise out of the US). But if this is simply a "test run" it might be best to hold off on getting them. They do cost a lot but in Canada the adult passports are valid for 10 years. I believe it's similar in the US so looking at it that way it's $20/year - not a terrible investment.

I think it's up to you whether you want to get them or not. If you're planning on doing more out of country travel then it's clearly a good idea to get the passports (or a passport card if you're just gonna cruise out of the US). But if this is simply a "test run" it might be best to hold off on getting them. They do cost a lot but in Canada the adult passports are valid for 10 years. I believe it's similar in the US so looking at it that way it's $20/year - not a terrible investment.

You do not need passports sailing from the US on a closed loop cruise. Everyone needs a birth certificate and if you are over 16, a photo ID as well. As Starvenger says, US passports are good for 10 years for adults, 5 years for children. The only time not having one would be an issue, would be if you missed the ship in a foreign port or had an emergency and had to try to fly home. Chances are low, but just as an FYI.

We're on Mariner of the Seas departing on June 22, 2020 and we're currently being shown a price of $93.99 per person for our day at CocoCay 😵 So, guess the comments that RC may be trying to limit people in the park based on the number of ships expected/planned has got to be true otherwise I can't imagine many wanting to pay that price. Then again, excursions have excursion prices. We're checking often waiting for a discount...

Another room question lol...im trying to book this weekend...still looking at a balcony there are 4 of us the only balconies i see have the bed and a pullout sofa...is that ALL the balcony rooms or that is just all thats left? The room picking has me freakin a little cuz i dont wanna pick the wrong thing lol I also considered a suite its 400 total more but it looka like it has the same bed situation

Have you considered using a travel agent? They offer all the same deals you can see online plus extra perks like free gratuities, specialty dining, and on board credits. They can also help you choose a good cabin (often many more available to choose from than you can see on the website) and answer other questions you may have.

Have you considered using a travel agent? They offer all the same deals you can see online plus extra perks like free gratuities, specialty dining, and on board credits. They can also help you choose a good cabin (often many more available to choose from than you can see on the website) and answer other questions you may have.
I actually have talked to one they gave me a price which didnt have any extras or anything and then I had some questions and never heard from them again lol

A junior suite may be the same. You need to look at the deck plan symbols (although with some of the ships, they have modified the symbols which are more generic and less descriptive) .

I did it!!! I BOOKED TODAY!!!! So excited and still a little nervous, we are on deck 9, got gratuitues paid for 2 guest and a 50 onboard credit😁

Congrats! Haven't been on Navigator, but have been on Adventure, which is the same class, so about the same size. Deck 9 is a good spot, and is the deck I pick, given a choice. Easy walk a deck or two up to the buffet and pool deck, which is where a lot of the action is.

Now that we have booked i have more questions, are the carry on requirements the same size as airports? Will we need more than a carry on for 4 nights? Has anyone got the refrishment package that comes with the mocktails and all that? I was thinking that might be fun for my kids

Now that we have booked i have more questions, are the carry on requirements the same size as airports?
From what I've seen it's whatever bags you want to carry on with you. I've seen full suitcases but usually it's backpacks and rolling carry-on bags.

For me, I bag drop luggage containing clothes and toiletries, as well as a backpack containing non-electronic travel stuff. So when we board, we've got swimwear, electronic stuff, water/wine, and that's about it.

Will we need more than a carry on for 4 nights?
You could get away with a carry-on full of luggage for each person on a 4-night. We've done it for a 4-day trip, which included going to a wedding. You just have to be smart with the packing.

My husband and I can do a week long cruise with a single carry-on. If the kids are with us, it looks like we are moving and never coming back. We prefer not to check bags when flying to a cruise because luggage delays could be disastrous. One carry-size per person should be fine, but use bag drop for most of them once you reach the ship. Cabins are small, so try not to overpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!