1st Time BWV - help

BowlingAriel

Wishin Upon That Lottery Star
So we stepped out of our norm and decided that this year we'll try other resorts. We always pick OKW.

This quick trip in April - over tax weekend. We booked a 1 bedroom BWV.

When I do check in - are there things I should ask for? Me, my Hubs, daughter and 16mos grandson
The reservation said Garden/Pool view which to me is kinda contradictory.
I'm excited about this new adventure.

So comment away.

Thanks
Michelle

Have you looked at resort maps? A garden/pool view will be either a green area or a pool area. The other views are a boardwalk view and a standard view which are completly different.

:earsboy: Bill

There are 3 different views at the Boardwalk, Standard overlooks the entrance and parking lots, Boardwalk views overlook the Boardwalk, and Pool/garden is everything else, the clown pool, quiet pool, and gardens and Swan and Dolphin views. Also the canal to the Studios for boats and a nice walking path that’s about a 15 minute walk. It’s my DVC home resort.

There is 1 elevator bank on the villa side, with access to the Boardwalk area from first floor which is convenient for strollers and wheelchairs. You can roll right out to the boat to Epcot or the Studios, as well as the great entertainment at night (magicians, jugglers, people watching).

There is also an elevator on the Boardwalk Inn side that goes down to the 1st level, it’s right off the Bellevue Lounge.

Community Hall is by the quiet pool, with games and crafts and movies that can be checked out.

We prefer to walk to Epcot (about 8 to 10 minutes) but the boats come about every 15 to 20 minutes if you prefer.

The quick service is limited to the Boardwalk Bakery and the clown pool bar. But ESPN and Big River Grill and Trattoria al forno are also good options. I have not eaten at the Flying Fish. And the Swan and Dolphin are great choices also. My favorite on property breakfast is at the Swan’s Garden Grove, (Saturday and Sunday only are character breakfasts).

My favorite resort. You will love it! Some rooms can be far from the elevators. If that will bother you, request closer to them. The lobby is on the second floor, Boardwalk and pools on the first.

I can only address our likes of room requests. We ask for near the tennis courts which is at the extreme end of BWV away from the lobby. My reason being, it makes it roughly halfway to HS and Epcot to walk.

We always request upper floor, overlooking the quiet pool. Gives us a nice chance of seeing the HS fireworks. The staircase at the end of that hall also provides great access to HS.

We love it there. We are the opposite of you this trip—tax weekend we are at OKW! Hoping for a rehabbed room.

You all are so amazing.
Do you ask for areas or Building sections ? I looked at the map are most of the rooms interior entrance ?

I’ve walked around the area before the pool Big top looking area , looks fun. Does it get crowded ?

We have weekday passes so aren’t worried about park stuff , just taking a relaxing get away. Tax season done.

You all are so amazing.
Do you ask for areas or Building sections ? I looked at the map are most of the rooms interior entrance ?

I’ve walked around the area before the pool Big top looking area , looks fun. Does it get crowded ?

We have weekday passes so aren’t worried about park stuff , just taking a relaxing get away. Tax season done.
All the rooms are off of interior corridors.
Denise

Ok I know OKW was first and rooms are HUGE. BWV was 2nd wasn’t it ?
Does it have full size washer & dryer?

Ok I know OKW was first and rooms are HUGE. BWV was 2nd wasn’t it ?
Does it have full size washer & dryer?
The washer and dryer are the stacking model. I don't think they are "full" size, but they aren't tiny either. There are two of us when we travel and we are usually able to do all of our Whites in one load and all of our colors/darks in a second load. We usually do laundry once mid-week.

Have a great trip!! I hope you love BWV as much as we do!!

Hi, we have a 1 bedroom booked garden/pool view as well for this summer-would that include the rooms that overlook the waterway to Holly wood studios? Could that be requested?

Hi, we have a 1 bedroom booked garden/pool view as well for this summer-would that include the rooms that overlook the waterway to Holly wood studios? Could that be requested?

Yes and Yes. :)

GO figure any other time we are up there early our room never is. Got a txt about an hour ago room ready.

So tell me about 3114. I’m driving so can’t look at map

That's the section overlooking either the quiet pool or the driveway/green. The driveway/green rooms are standard, so you'll have a pool view and can also watch the boats!
upload_2018-4-13_14-51-5.png

7EA1605A-5BCD-4F89-B06D-CF048DEB57A9.jpeg

Yes the quiet pool and the 5 mile walk. Seriously there is only 1 elevator bank ?
D6A2B00E-9413-4FF9-B208-3CA006A5A14A.jpeg Wouldn’t be bad if we were toddler-less.

The cast members here are some of the kindest , most friendly I’ve encountered in a while . Here is our view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!