1st time scrapbooking help!

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Ok I've decided i want to start scrapbooking our Disney trips for my DD to look back on when she is older.

Basically I have no idea where to start, what I need etc.

Can anyone help?

Hi, and welcome!!! Here is a link to a recent post similar to yours, it may give you a few ideas.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1956066

I wouldn't buy too much other than basics until you find a style that suits you. I got started with Creative Memories (CM here), and even though I've changed things a little bit, I still use a lot of their products.

I would recommend basic cardstock to start, a good adhesive (I like the CM tape runner and also use Zig glue), a black pen for journaling, a photo trimmer, paper trimmer.

Also, you'll need to decide what size pages/album you want to use. I use the 12x12, some like 8.5 x 11, and there are some other sizes as well. There are a few different types of albums as well.

If you're looking for Disney specific embellishments, you can find them at AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Michael's and I think JoAnn's, or several websites also.

I hope this helps, if not, ask away!!

Steph

I had no idea either - and in the UK scrapping is not so big (yet! DH says I'm building the market single-handed:rolleyes1 :rotfl: ) so I hosted a Creative Memories class to find out "how to do it". My style has changed a LOT over 3 years, but I still use CM albums and cutting tools more or less exclusively. I signed up as a CMC at my class, which basically got me a bunch of stuff very cheaply, plus discount on anything else I buy for myself. I have a tiny crop (three of us!) twice amonth and that keeps me ticking over (90% of what I buy is for me ;) ). It worked for me!

And once I got a bit more practiced I started swapping stuff over on the swap boards and that is an excellent way to get variety onto your pages - check us out:thumbsup2

I forgot to add, there is a sticky thread at the top of the page called "The CCS virtual scrapbook", you can see pages some of the members here have done and get ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter