2,000 Park Visits In A Row

I think it's great, but wouldn't DL lose its "magic" after awhile? And obviously he's never stayed home to relax, gone out of town anywhere else, and he must still visit when he's sick? I find it neat, yet odd:rolleyes1

Hmmm... over five years and not being able to go out of town, have sick days etc.

I don't know about anyone else, but I generally wake up at 6am, leave the house to get to work and don't get home until about 6pm, at which point I have to feed the family, put kids to bed etc.

I love Disneyland as much as anyone else but being locked in to going every day wouldn't feel that great after the first couple of weeks.

Good for him, I suppose. If that's what he wants to do, then great.

First of all, how can a dude that old enjoy Matterhorn so much?!?! That ride kills me at my somewhat youthful 42.

But my main point is this: I get burnt being at Disneyland at 7 straight days, which has been my longest trip (twice). At WDW, I've done two 8 day trips (which was perfect) and a 9-full-day trip....and that last one I started feeling Disney'd out. I know, I know, when you've been away for a while, you can't imagine being burnt. But I do get to that point. 2000 days??? I guess if you're just showing up for a few hours after work each day, that might be ok. But 2000 straight days?

Talk about being married to the Mouse.

First of all, how can a dude that old enjoy Matterhorn so much?!?! That ride kills me at my somewhat youthful 42.
THIS exactly! DH and I just came back from a trip for his 30th birthday and we literally had to go back to the hotel after we rode the Matterhorn. After the most recent refurb it's SO jerky. I don't think he'll ever want to ride it again.

I read this article this morning. The comments posted were so rude. I think its neat he does this.

The OC Register comments are typically quite nasty. People usually do not know the "if you do not have something nice to say" rule. Many times it is the same people commenting on different articles over and over again.

Have you seen the article about the guy trying to make it to 10,000 rides on RSR?

http://www.ocregister.com/2015/11/2...f-riding-radiator-springs-racers-10000-times/

He is getting close to his 10K rides...he updates regularly on his Instagram account (@ racers10000 ) and said four days ago that he was at 9,261 rides, so he'll be at his goal soon. He does the Run Disney events, too, and I always find his occasional training posts good motivation to get out and do my daily walk...i always tell myself that, if a guy with two knee replacements can do half marathons, surely I can get outside and walk a mile or two?!

~Meg

I can't imagine doing anything 2000 days in a row much less visiting a specific place, no matter how magical. Still, there is a bit of me that envy's his resolve (and time) to do such! Kudos to him and as tell most everyone, do what you do.. and do it better than anyone else!

Good for him!

I personally couldn't do it, as much as I loved Disneyland, although that has more to do with where we are in life. Our kids are still young and have school, after school activities, etc, so for our schedule it just wouldn't work. But maybe when they're grown and we're retired it would be more feasible. The only part of that is that doesn't allow for anything else in life - no other vacations, no day trips any place else. To each their own though - I see no problem with him doing it!

I think it's great, but wouldn't DL lose its "magic" after awhile? And obviously he's never stayed home to relax, gone out of town anywhere else, and he must still visit when he's sick? I find it neat, yet odd:rolleyes1

He visited 2000 days in a row, but I'd be surprised if there weren't quite a few where he just went in and spent less than an hour and went back home. The reports I read were that most days he's at work now and just checks in briefly after work before heading home.

Good for him!

I personally couldn't do it, as much as I loved Disneyland, although that has more to do with where we are in life. Our kids are still young and have school, after school activities, etc, so for our schedule it just wouldn't work. But maybe when they're grown and we're retired it would be more feasible. The only part of that is that doesn't allow for anything else in life - no other vacations, no day trips any place else. To each their own though - I see no problem with him doing it!

The reports are that he started off with a complete calendar year with his then girlfriend while they were both unemployed.

The reports are that he started off with a complete calendar year with his then girlfriend while they were both unemployed.

Ok I remember them from a few years ago - maybe when they hit the 1 yr mark? I just remember a lot of comments about how/why unemployed people would have APs. Not judging it myself.

Ok I remember them from a few years ago - maybe when they hit the 1 yr mark? I just remember a lot of comments about how/why unemployed people would have APs. Not judging it myself.

Most of the articles say that he was a military veteran, so I suppose he had a military pension. Also - wasn't a premium AP less than $600? He was actively looking for a job and the articles said that he had his cell phone to take any calls about jobs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter