2 bedroom... can't decided which resort.

Lynzer4

DIS Veteran
We have a huge family trip being planned and I am trying to decided which resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I own a Poly but can't book there as there are no 2 bedrooms so now I have to figure out what I think everyone will like. :rolleyes1

Going is me (DVC Owner), my parents, sister, niece and nephew - all have been and go every year
also in the party is my cousin and his two small kids (6/4).

There is 9 total so we need a 2 bedroom that holds 9. Thought about a 3 bedroom but then we can only go 3 (4 if at OKW) instead of 6 nights.

Any thoughts to help me decided!

With that many, I would go for AK- K or BLT that 3rd bath will be a life saver. If you think 2 baths are okay, go for OKW for the extra space. Have a great trip.

Think about what the sleeping arrangements would be.

AKV and BLT 2 bedroom lockoffs have 5 in the 1 bedroom side (king bed in bedroom, queen sofa in living room, sleeper chair in living room) and 4 in the studio--queen bed and full size sofa bed, and 3 full baths. OKW has similar to AKV and BLT, but the studio has 2 queen beds, and just the 2 full baths.

VGF, BCV, BWV, Boulder Ridge 2 bedroom lockoffs--sleep 5 in the studio and 4 in the 1 bedroom, with the 2 full baths. The Studio has the queen bed, double sofa bed, and the pull down twin under the TV. The 1 bedroom side has the king in the bedroom, and queen sleeper sofa in the living room.

For the most space AND bathrooms, I'd probably go with AKV as the BLT studio side is rather small for 4 people.

Last edited:

Just to correct above post, all dedicated 2 BR units have 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR. Lock off units will have the 1 Q and a sofa bed.

I guess I depends on how much family time in the room you will have.

OKW has a huge living area and if you were to eat any meals there or spend some family time together in the room at night that is a consideration.

One can not dismiss the power of 3 bathrooms though.

Kidani has a great pool and the kids would probably love the animals.

Pool too spread out IMO at beach club unless boys always stay together. Not relaxing.

BLT kids would probably love watching monorail in hotel getting a quick Mickey bar.
Happy planning
Kerri

I had the same dilemma....so we are staying 2 nights in BCV 2br and 4 nights BLT 2br....we'd rather walk than take Disney buses

BLT or Kidani would be my choice as well, giving the nod to BLT for convenience to MK and monorails

As most others have noted, either Kidani or BLT would be the winners due to the extra bathrooms. The Treehouse Villas might also be a good option.

Kidani Savannah view 2 bedroom is one of our favorite rooms we have stayed in.

We have a huge family trip being planned and I am trying to decided which resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I own a Poly but can't book there as there are no 2 bedrooms so now I have to figure out what I think everyone will like. :rolleyes1

Going is me (DVC Owner), my parents, sister, niece and nephew - all have been and go every year
also in the party is my cousin and his two small kids (6/4).

There is 9 total so we need a 2 bedroom that holds 9. Thought about a 3 bedroom but then we can only go 3 (4 if at OKW) instead of 6 nights.

Any thoughts to help me decided!
BLT if MK is a major part of the plan, AKV Kidani otherwise would be good. Other additional options would be to go with the THV as noted, a 2 BR plus a studio somewhere or a 3 BR esp at OKW. I wouldn't do THV or OKW without a car and willingness to drive on property though. Or one could do 3 studios if more privacy were needed. With a 2 BR there will be adults sharing a bedroom AND adults sleeping in the LR, both issues I try to avoid if possible when on vacation. To get the additional points required you could do One Time Use points or pay for a transfer or just rent for a portion. Would you have enough points to do 6 nights standard view at SSR with a 2 BR plus a studio with OTU points? I wonder if you'd have enough points for the recommended 2 BR that sleep 9 even other than AKV Kidani standard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter