2 bedroom dvc

Lauren1211

Earning My Ears
I am bringing extended family next year. Grandparents who have never been. Battling between staying offsite close by, or a dvc 2 bedroom....suggestions?

Last edited:
I am bringing extended family next year. Grandparents who have never been. Battling between staying offsite close by, or a dvc 2 bedroom....suggestions? Are any more elderly friendly than others?
I'm not sure that you mean by "elderly friendly" but every DVC resort has HA villas. Even an offsite resort can accommodate people with physical limitations. But an offsite vacation home might not have easy accessibility.

Many 2-BR DVC villas will have 1-king bed in the master, 1-Q bed and a sleeper sofa in the 2nd bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room area. There are some that will have 2 actual beds in the 2nd bedroom and perhaps a sleeper chair in the living room. Maximum occupancy is 9 people + 1 child under the age of 3 in a pack+play crib. If your family is larger, then offsite will be a better option for you.

The advantage of being onsite would be that people can come and go according to their own schedule. Offsite, you have to depend on who's driving, when they are leaving and when they are coming back. With a DVC villa, the teens can head to the parks when they want, the grands can rest back at the villa when it gets too hot at the parks or the family with an infant can take the baby back to the room for a nap. No one has to wait for anyone else to head to the parks or to return to the room when they want.

Without knowing the ages of the travelers, the number of them traveling and what the needs of the older generation are, it's kind of hard to provide you with any recommendations. But ultimately it really comes down to what everyone's expectations and needs are.

They will be just as comfortable with DVC if not more than at a rental home IMO.

You have to excuse my amusement. You post on a DVC forum asking whether we recommend DVC or offsite. I think we may be a tad biased. :rotfl2:
I'm still stuck on the use of the term "elderly". My in-laws are 92 years old; sound of mind but weak in body. I consider them to be "elderly" . THEY would need accommodations that included grab bars in the bathroom, raised toilets seats, doorknobs that favor arthritic hands and a room layout that permits easy movement when using a walker. My 68-year-old brother-in-law would not need any of those things, although there are some who might consider a person of his age to be "elderly".

And just one other point - I think most 2 bedroom DVC has a separate step in shower (even the non-handicap rooms) in the "master bedroom" - the one with the King bed ... again - not grab bars etc but still a step in shower. If you go with handicap accessible some resorts have a variety of levels - so best to call in and request so you get specifically what you need - are grab bars enough or do you want a wheelchair accessible shower?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts