2 bedroom hotel with decent pool that is not super crowded

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
Hello, We are planning a four day trip next month for all of the Halloween parties at UO and MK and were supposed to stay onsite. But, our garage door died and we are now $2000 in the hole and I am looking to find an inexpensive place offsite. I am looking for ideas on a resort type condo or similar with 2 bedrooms and a decent pool area and place that is well maintained with not a lot of hidden fees. I have been looking at several places and the pool areas of some look super crowded, so was wondering if you could recommend a place that might have a nice pool area that is not totally chaotic? Thank you so much for the help!

Hello, We are planning a four day trip next month for all of the Halloween parties at UO and MK and were supposed to stay onsite. But, our garage door died and we are now $2000 in the hole and I am looking to find an inexpensive place offsite. I am looking for ideas on a resort type condo or similar with 2 bedrooms and a decent pool area and place that is well maintained with not a lot of hidden fees. I have been looking at several places and the pool areas of some look super crowded, so was wondering if you could recommend a place that might have a nice pool area that is not totally chaotic? Thank you so much for the help!
Margaritaville maybe? I haven't stayed there but have seen it in some videos and it looks nice.

I would want to be somewhere between Disney and Universal either along Palm Parkway or International Blvd.

What is your per night budget?

--------------------------------------------------
Sounds a perfect chance to try something at Universal.

Look at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

OR Universals Endless Summer Dockside OR Endless Summer Surfside

Last edited:
I would want to be somewhere between Disney and Universal either along Palm Parkway or International Blvd.

preferably $250 a night or less :)

We just did Marriott Sabal Palms (I posted a review here) and it was really great. Easy access to the Marriott World Centre, easy access to Disney and Universal too. We really enjoyed the pools at the Marriott World Centre, spent a couple of non-park days there.

In addition to the ones mentioned, we like the Residence Inn at SeaWorld. Rooms are nice and pool area is more resort like than a lof of other hotels.

Sheraton Vistana. We love it. 7 pools (some very nice), really nice grounds, huge 2 bedrooom rooms. You can book directly through Marriott (and if you have AAA can usually get a discount).

Edit: Make sure you are booking Sheraton Vistana RESORT. Sheraton Vistana Villages (while also very nice) is further from Disney.

I recommend asking for the Fountains or Lakes phases as those rooms are recently renovated and very nice. I also really like the Fountains Pool, which has a waterfall feature that my children really enjoy.

I would take a peek at Floridays on I-Drive near to the outlets. The resort fee is a bummer, but every time we've stayed there for a staycation (about 8 times), it's been reasonable, clean and are large villas with complete kitchens, W/D and a couple of pools (one aimed for adults, the other is really nice for children).

Sorry about the garage door. Mine died about 2 months ago and cost me about $1K to fix (motor/springs).

I was interested in staying at Dockside or Surfside but they are both sold out. cabana bay too :(

I love staying at the Dolphin but my budget doesn't always allow for it. We spent two nights at Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista last year on Marbella Palm Ct and it was nice for the price. Definitely not the same as the Dolphin, but about 1/3 of the price, free breakfast, pool looked good, and we had a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms.

I think you've gotten some great suggestions. We've stayed at many of the suggested properties (most recently the Sheraton Vistana Resort - timeshare and Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld - suite hotel) and I think those as well as others are great suggestions.

Another timeshare property that I haven't seen mentioned in other posts that we have found to have a nice pool area and really like is Cypress Pointe. For short retail short stays at Christmas it's often been the best value of properties that meet our criteria when I was looking a several different properties..

For seven days stays at the timeshare properties we often rent from timeshare owners which is a lower cost per night, but you are just doing a four night stay.

With four night stays Cypress Pointe or Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld are usually the properties that I end up doing. I think both have nice pool areas that aren't too crowded and a good resort feel. Being a timeshare Cypress Pointe is a great condo. Being a hotel the Marriott Residence Inn while offering a very nice two bedroom with living room / kitchen area works well but inside isn't as nice as the timeshare condos. It's all you need though and is great for just a four night stay. A benefit of Marriott Residence Inn too is the free breakfast offered which is sometimes nice for a short stay. Doesn't sound like you are doing SeaWorld, but there you get some quick queue passes for SeaWorld, as nice little perk if you are doing that park. Also the location of the SeaWorld hotel is between Disney and Universal. Cypress Pointe is closer to Disney, near Disney Springs.

I do offsite now miss being able to do rope drop at Disney. Used to just go on non extra magic hour days. Now everyone onsite gets to go in a half hour early and for me that has negatively affected my offsite experience. It hasn't gotten me to pay onsite prices, but it has meant that I instead of going almost every year I just go to Orlando infrequently now (I'm not in that big a rush to return).

Last edited:
We stayed at Worldquest Resort a few nights once, very reasonable, good quality, good pool. It's just outside WDW in the International Gateway area across from the World Marriott.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter