2 Bedroom Villa Dining Space

Wedgeh

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm starting to think about what resorts would be best for a trip where I am planning to host my family. There will be 6 adults and 2 children in a 2-bed and realistically Disney dining is not going to be in the budget for my sister, certainly not every day (we're coming over from the UK so this is likely to be just under 2 weeks), so we will be eating many/most of our evening meals in the villa. From the one beds we've stayed in finding somewhere we can all sit down to eat is going to be a bit of a challenge, I was thinking maybe BCV because there's an additional couple of seats. I'd be interested to know if anyone has found a good solution in a similar situation.

Tom

We had 8 in a 2BR at CCV last august and it was a little cramped because the table only fit 4 or 6, but we managed by pulling the balcony chairs in, using one of the arm chairs and the sofa and we still had a great time.

I just got back from a BLT 2 bedroom and you could fit 5 adults at the table (it’s a booth style) and there are 2 chairs at the kitchen island. You could also take the balcony chairs and use them at the table if you needed because the one side of the table is open with no seating.

Plus any of the 2br villas have a couch in the very near vicinity with a long table right in front of it. Two people can easily fit there. I can't think of any 2br with a kitchen table that would accommodate eight people comfortably.

This is one of the things that bugs me about DVC; the common areas in the 2BRs really aren't set up well to handle a fully-occupied unit. Your best bet might be OKW. Not only are the units on the large side, but the patio/balcony includes a four-person round table with chairs. As long as the weather cooperates it's lovely to eat outside there.

This is one of the things that bugs me about DVC; the common areas in the 2BRs really aren't set up well to handle a fully-occupied unit. Your best bet might be OKW. Not only are the units on the large side, but the patio/balcony includes a four-person round table with chairs. As long as the weather cooperates it's lovely to eat outside there.

I totally agree with the rooms not being able to accomodate 8 people who are awake and want to sit together or eat together. CCV has been the worse so far with OKW being the best. Look at all the floor plans and look at the seating arrangements and extra chairs that can be easily moved around. You will get the most space at OKW, with a more open kitchen than the original resorts, and the lowest points required too.

I agree. Even the least-fancy other timeshares we stay in have dining tables large enough for the capacity of the unit.

OKW is the best bet. Their patio is also the best for gathering a group so people can see each other, as opposed to all the other patios, which seem wide but very narrow.

I just got back from a BLT 2 bedroom and you could fit 5 adults at the table (it’s a booth style) and there are 2 chairs at the kitchen island. You could also take the balcony chairs and use them at the table if you needed because the one side of the table is open with no seating.
That may depend on which side of the building you are on. The villas on the inside of the C do not have two chair at the island.

Would you consider a 3-bedroom grand villa? With that many adults, I think you’ll be much more comfortable, and they are definitely designed to hold large dining tables.

Would you consider a 3-bedroom grand villa? With that many adults, I think you’ll be much more comfortable, and they are definitely designed to hold large dining tables.
That would be great, but probably not possible points-wise given our length of stay.

Just stayed at BWV in a 2BR. The kitchen and dining area is just the 1 BR, and a studio as ours was a lock off, not a dedicated 2 BR.

Just stayed at BWV in a 2BR. The kitchen and dining area is just the 1 BR, and a studio as ours was a lock off, not a dedicated 2 BR.
There are no dedicated two bedroom villas at BWV. Only lockoffs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter