2 DAS in one party

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
Considering applying for DAS for both adults. Both approved through Universal’s new process. I think it’s likely to be approved at Disney. I’m a little concerned it will make things difficult though.

Since we have 3 kids and one is much younger than the others, the likelihood of splitting up is high so I do think the 2 passes would make a huge difference in preventing panic attacks from cutting the day short.

My husband is signed up for MDE but wants nothing to do with the app. We are linked as family.

Can the kids be linked to both DAS? The party will likely change, switching off time with the youngest.

Can I make return times for all 5 of us in my MDE or will I need to log into his account each time since he won’t do it?

Can we do this through one video call to pre-register?

Will it make it really hard to do advance selections?

Thank you for your help. I’m super anxious about this trip and for me, the more info the better!

You can have 2 DAS in the party and the kids can be linked to both for flexibility. No individual may have more than 1 active DAS Return Time at any given time. When all doing the same attraction together, both adults will need a DAS Return Time. You should be able to book all in-park DAS Return Times from either MDE account, assuming you are linked.

I suggest doing the video call for both at the same time so the Advanced Selections can be booked for all. Otherwise it can be difficult to align.

You can have 2 DAS in the party and the kids can be linked to both for flexibility. No individual may have more than 1 active DAS Return Time at any given time. When all doing the same attraction together, both adults will need a DAS Return Time. You should be able to book all in-park DAS Return Times from either MDE account, assuming you are linked.

I suggest doing the video call for both at the same time so the Advanced Selections can be booked for all. Otherwise it can be difficult to align.
Thank you SO much.

Besides the information lanejudy posted, in order to do the advance video registration, you will need to be logged into the account that the children's profiles are managed by before starting the process.
It sounds like your family has 2 My Disney Experience account - one set up by your husband and one set up by you?
Every person has a profile under a MDE account and each profile is managed by one MDE account. If YOU set up the children's profiles, your MDE account would be managing them.
If you're not sure, you can double check by looking on the Friends & Family tab in your account. It will list all the Friends & Family and either say "Plans Managed by Me" or nothing after each name.
If you are managing both their accounts, you would be able to register them both on the same advance video session. Both would need to be present at least to be introduced and have their picture taken.
Once they are registered and in the park, anyone they are linked to as Friends & Family should be able to schedule DAS Return Times for them and check into attractions. So, you should be able to schedule DAS Return Times for them for the same or different attractions and your husband should have no problem checking into an attraction with one child if you split up.
If you have any issues, the Cast Members at Guest Relations or the Guest Experience umbrellas in the park can help you.

So… he doesn’t want to deal with Disney before the trip. If I pre-register for myself, will it mess up the pre-selections if we get him set up for DAS at a blue umbrella? I was considering the blue umbrella anyway for military memory maker but since he gets agitated in lines, was going to just pay regular price and avoid the Epcot blue umbrella the first day.

For anyone who might read this in the future…

You cannot register two people who have their own MDE in the same chat.

According to the CM in the chat, we can do the second at guest services/umbrella and it won’t mess up the pre-selections.

I’ll report back after the trip to confirm that’s how it actually went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter