2 DVC cruises for 2019!

DH did the booking and now he says he can't really remember exactly what he did (which is why I'm nervous). We DID have a plan going in since we were in different states Saturday morning....seems that he wasn't listening closely to the plan :mad:
He says he paid for one of us with points, the other with cash (part of the plan) but did not get trip insurance (he did not recall this as part of the plan) and he has no idea how we are supposed to get notification of the booking. He doesn't recall any mention of an email or something in the mail.
So maybe it does show on our dashboard because of the points??

You just reminded me, I didn’t book the insurance either! Does anyone know if we can call MS and have it added on?

I can answer a couple of the questions.

We are supposed to get an email with the booked information within 5 days.

Insurance - I asked about it and they told me I had to go through Travelex (not sure if that is spelled correctly) with the phone number of 877-866-4664.

Since this is our 1st MC, we don't know...how do we receive confirmation of this booking? We haven't gotten anything but it does appear in our DVC dashboard.
It’s hard to wait, but we will all hear from DCL, eventually.

Since this is our 1st MC, we don't know...how do we receive confirmation of this booking? We haven't gotten anything but it does appear in our DVC dashboard.
I was told it will take about 3 weeks to transfer all the reservations into the DCL system and then we should receive an e-mail from DCL with a confirmation of the reservation with their reservation number included.

The May 2019 Pacific Coast Cruise is already showing up on my DCL My Reservations page with a DCL confirmation number. No email confirmation yet, though.

The May 2019 Pacific Coast Cruise is already showing up on my DCL My Reservations page with a DCL confirmation number. No email confirmation yet, though.
Wow, ours is not. Our last name begins with W, maybe it’s done alphabetically!:confused3

Mine is there on the DCL website now! But not my husbands connecting cabin.

I was told 1 - 2 weeks for the official confirmation number for the NYC cruise to be received via email but the booking on the DVC site appeared a few hours later. I'm a bit confused on the travel insurance as I was told 30 days when I booked but also told that I can add it whenever. Even more confusing is that the Travelex insurance is for a year and our cruise is for well over that. I figured I would call next week to purchase.

As long as our room is booked, we get our confirmation number in the next month and I can get insurance at some point, I'm OK.

We booked the NYC cruise using a combo of points and cash so ours shows up through the DVC member portal. Nothing through my DCL reservations page but when I booked I was told it takes a month for everything to get sent and processed through DCL at which time a hard copy would be mailed out and it should show up on my DCL reservations page. My credit card has been charged for the portion not paid by points so I think I'm good :thumbsup2 I also declined insurance (I always use an outside company) and was told I could add it up to 21 days prior to the sailing.

We need to have pre-existing conditions covered, so we usually buy insurance right when booking cruise.

We need to have pre-existing conditions covered, so we usually buy insurance right when booking cruise.

Most cruise lines will not cover pre-existing conditions or limit it so that if you have an exacerbation of an illness in the 60 days before boarding it is not covered. So we buy our cruise insurance through Travelguard. Who knows if I will catch a cold and have asthma problems before a cruise.

We booked with cash, no points, and our NYC reservation is still not showing on either the DVC or DCL site. It did show up on my credit card bill though so I'm really not concerned, it will all catch up.

We booked with cash, no points, and our NYC reservation is still not showing on either the DVC or DCL site. It did show up on my credit card bill though so I'm really not concerned, it will all catch up.

Same here. The cruise shows on my Credit Card Bill, but not on any of the websites. I'm not worried cause she said it could take up to 7 weeks to receive the information in the mail.

We held a space on the ABD that’s available for the West Coast Cruise. Our credit card has a hold on it for the ABD. Maybe they wait until DCL to have the reservation before they charge, because you have to be on that cruise to be on that ABD.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter