2 home resorts: question

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
I own at AKV. If I choose to purchase at another resort and say I only purchase 50 points, am I understanding that if I want to make a reservation at that resort at the 11 month window I have to enough points to cover the reservation? Example: I would have 160 at AKV but 50 at GFV and GFV needed 200 do I have to wait until 7 months out to book? TIA!

When booking 11 months out, you can use only points that apply to the particular resort you are booking. You cannot mix those VGF and AKV points together for one reservation at the same resort until 7 months out.

Thank you for your response. So, is the only benefit in owning both is a guaranteed spot at the resort, vs. taking a chance that it will still be available at 7 months?

Thank you for your response. So, is the only benefit in owning both is a guaranteed spot at the resort, vs. taking a chance that it will still be available at 7 months?

That is mainly it. For VGF which is going to have only 47 studios, about half of which will likely be standard and half lake view, and all of which can be used as part of 2BRs, you are likely going to need that 11 month window to get a studio most times of year (BWV standard view has 52 possible studios and they are usually gone before the 7 month window opens). Some with two resorts do alternate years -- use current and banked points at one resort one year, and current and banked points at the second resort the next year. Being able to use the 11 month window at the resorts you want saves you from the stress of trying to use the 7 month window. And if you own at VGF, you can impress many by saying, "I own Grand Floridian."

Is there a link somewhere that tells me how many studios, one bedrooms, etc. that each DVC has? Thanks!

Is there a link somewhere that tells me how many studios, one bedrooms, etc. that each DVC has? Thanks!

On this site, go to the top of any DVC thread page and click on "Sticky: DVC Resource Center"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter