2 questions about TDR Park Tickets (Klook-related)

Miss Eglantine Price

Earning My Ears
Hello! My husband and I have a trip coming up to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea next week, and I have 2-day tickets prepurchased through Klook. However, we will be attending the parks for a third day, and would like to upgrade to a 3-day Park Hopper for the third day. We are arriving at the Ambassador late on Tuesday night and all the guest help booths at Maihama & the park entrances will be closed. The first question is: should we wait until entering DisneySea on the first day (which I have read I can do with just our QR-code having Klook ticket printouts), get on our first rides/get the day going, and then deal with trying to do the ticket upgrade after we are safely in the park on the first day (in the interest of getting the time-sensitive morning things out of the way first)? Does it seem likely that a late-night counter/concierge at the Ambassador would be able to do this upgrade for us?

The second question is: will it will be a problem getting the early Happy 15 entry since our tickets are from Klook and not purchased through our hotel reservation? Does it seem like showing our reservation on a printout or showing a hotel key (?) would be enough to prove we are staying onsite for that line? I'm not sure how one proves they are staying onsite in this instance.

Thank you so very much for taking a look at my questions. I discovered the DisBoards last year before a WDW trip and although I haven't spent as much time as I'd like on here, I find the people to be remarkably helpful. Thanks!

The hotel ticket counters close at 10 PM. I don't know if they process upgrades. It would be better to do it in the park during a slow part of your day.

The ticket booths open well before the park actually opens. I think at least an hour.

The upgrade process, in my limited experience (i.e. we've only done it once) was quick and easy. In our case, we upgraded one day tickets (gifted to us by kind friends).

Basically, you'll be at the park early anyway (since it sounds like you want to get the most out of the day), so it won't take much time to upgrade your tickets before entering.

The ticket booths open well before the park actually opens. I think at least an hour.

The upgrade process, in my limited experience (i.e. we've only done it once) was quick and easy. In our case, we upgraded one day tickets (gifted to us by kind friends).

Basically, you'll be at the park early anyway (since it sounds like you want to get the most out of the day), so it won't take much time to upgrade your tickets before entering.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for this! Yes, we're planning to be in the Happy 15 early entry line 45 minutes to an hour before park open on our first day (Sea). Maybe I can just have one of us stand in that line while the other waits at a ticket window (hoping the ticket window at that early hour will move quickly enough for the one of us that upgrades the tickets to rejoin the Happy 15 line before it starts moving).

The ticket window rarely has a line. To my understanding, the vast majority of guests are locals with annual passes.

You will see HUGE lines, but they’re all ticket holders. You need to walk between those long lines straight up to the ticket window to upgrade the tickets.

In general, I wouldn’t recommend holding spots in line for others in Japan. It doesn’t seem to be something that is done in Japan. It should only take you 5 minutes to upgrade your tickets and you can then hop in the early entry line.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for this! Yes, we're planning to be in the Happy 15 early entry line 45 minutes to an hour before park open on our first day (Sea). Maybe I can just have one of us stand in that line while the other waits at a ticket window (hoping the ticket window at that early hour will move quickly enough for the one of us that upgrades the tickets to rejoin the Happy 15 line before it starts moving).
Definitely do not plan on holding spots in line. Not only will you have trouble getting back through because so many people will be waiting, but it's really not done here & is seen as rude.

The ticket window rarely has a line. To my understanding, the vast majority of guests are locals with annual passes.

You will see HUGE lines, but they’re all ticket holders. You need to walk between those long lines straight up to the ticket window to upgrade the tickets.

In general, I wouldn’t recommend holding spots in line for others in Japan. It doesn’t seem to be something that is done in Japan. It should only take you 5 minutes to upgrade your tickets and you can then hop in the early entry line.

OK, thanks for this!

Definitely do not plan on holding spots in line. Not only will you have trouble getting back through because so many people will be waiting, but it's really not done here & is seen as rude.

Thanks for this.

I had read, in the last few days, on someone's Tokyo Disney blog post, a suggestion that people hand off park tickets to friends to go get Fast Passes if/when a new FP time window becomes available while the rest hold a place in a different ride queue. Sounds like that is definitely *not* an appropriate thing to do! We weren't planning on doing that anyway, because in a ride queue there's always a larger chance someone will disappear and become impossible to find (plus it just seems rude anyway). I definitely appreciate any mentions of the etiquette, because I am 100% interested in being sensitive to the local etiquette.

Interesting thread.... We also WANTED to buy 2 day tickets from Klook, but at the moment they only have one-day tickets available. We will be arriving at the hotel probably after 2200 so too late to purchase tickets at the Hotel or at Maihama station, and our first park day is the day after arrival (not ideal but we had to rearrange our plans).

Would you purchase two single day tickets through Klook to have them in hand before the trip, or would you leave the hotel super early and purchase your tickets at the ticket counters at the park? If you recommend purchasing at the park, do they accept credit cards there, and if we get there right at 7 (for an 8 a.m. opening), how much of a disadvantage do you think we will be at, crowd-wise?

We have only one day in each park available to us so time is of the essence.

Thank you.

Interesting thread.... We also WANTED to buy 2 day tickets from Klook, but at the moment they only have one-day tickets available. We will be arriving at the hotel probably after 2200 so too late to purchase tickets at the Hotel or at Maihama station, and our first park day is the day after arrival (not ideal but we had to rearrange our plans).

Would you purchase two single day tickets through Klook to have them in hand before the trip, or would you leave the hotel super early and purchase your tickets at the ticket counters at the park? If you recommend purchasing at the park, do they accept credit cards there, and if we get there right at 7 (for an 8 a.m. opening), how much of a disadvantage do you think we will be at, crowd-wise?

Thank you.
I think if you only have one day in each park I would just buy them ahead of time. Then it’s done and you don’t have to worry about it.

Thank you.
are you staying at a disney or good neighborhood hotel? If so just buy them at the hotel. If it is too late on arrival night, then buy them in the morning at the hotel before you go to the park. The line will be way smaller at the hotel than the ticket center.

We are at the Hilton Tokyo Bay but according to the hotel's FAQs, the hotel ticket counter doesn't open until 0700. I think I'd rather be at the park ticket booths at 0700 than not... what do you think? We wanted to get in as early as possible, of course.

We are at the Hilton Tokyo Bay but according to the hotel's FAQs, the hotel ticket counter doesn't open until 0700. I think I'd rather be at the park ticket booths at 0700 than not... what do you think? We wanted to get in as early as possible, of course.
Yes I think overall you would get through the turnstiles quicker if you are at the ticket booth at 7 as apposed to the hotel. However, depending on when you are going, you might not need to be there so early. Honestly the earliest I have ever lined up is maybe 30 minutes max before open and I have never felt like I was behind the crowds, or at a disadvantage. I have only gone during slow times though....

Yes I think overall you would get through the turnstiles quicker if you are at the ticket booth at 7 as apposed to the hotel. However, depending on when you are going, you might not need to be there so early. Honestly the earliest I have ever lined up is maybe 30 minutes max before open and I have never felt like I was behind the crowds, or at a disadvantage. I have only gone during slow times though....
Is the second week of June slow? Lol

Is the second week of June slow? Lol
after looking at the crowd calendar looks like historically Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are decent and somewhat comparable to what I'm used to that week. Hopefully you are planning on those days. Of course it doesn't hurt to get there early, but don't stress about it if you sleep in a bit, or you don't get there as early as planned. Tokyo has the reputation of being massively crowded which is absolutely true during weekends and peak times, but it is not like that all the time :)

after looking at the crowd calendar looks like historically Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are decent and somewhat comparable to what I'm used to that week. Hopefully you are planning on those days. Of course it doesn't hurt to get there early, but don't stress about it if you sleep in a bit, or you don't get there as early as planned. Tokyo has the reputation of being massively crowded which is absolutely true during weekends and peak times, but it is not like that all the time :)
We are going a Tuesday-Friday! I planned it for that reason.

Thanks all.

Where exactly are the ticket booths at the main entrance? Are there ticket booths both at the Disneyland Entrance AND the DisneySea entrances?

And does anyone know if the ticket booths take credit cards?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!