$20 charge to book a reservation?

Shoshana

Mouseketeer
For our June trip I made two reservations -- Sanaa for 2 and Teppan Edo for 6. A $20 charge appeared on my Chase Disney Visa for WDW Dining Reservation. Why would I be charged in advance?? Do they credit my account after we show up for the reservation?? Thanks for your help.

Is it an actual charge or just a "pending" charge that will likely drop off?

That’s really strange. The only possibility I can think of is that you accidentally booked Sanaa for April instead of June, then got charged the $20 as a no-show fee when you did not show up.

Yup, that could be it.

DH was looking for Wednesday openings and realized he'd booked a March Wednesday instead of the May one we needed. Luckily, he quickly changed it.

I'd guess that's what happened.

For our June trip I made two reservations -- Sanaa for 2 and Teppan Edo for 6. A $20 charge appeared on my Chase Disney Visa for WDW Dining Reservation. Why would I be charged in advance?? Do they credit my account after we show up for the reservation?? Thanks for your help.
You should be able to search your email account for an email from Walt Disney World Dining
(guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com) with a subject of "Your Dining Reservation has been Confirmed!"
It would have been sent immediately when your reservation was made and will show what date you reserved.

That’s really strange. The only possibility I can think of is that you accidentally booked Sanaa for April instead of June, then got charged the $20 as a no-show fee when you did not show up.
uh oh. You're right. The reservations were for April 24. AARGH.

Another victim of that old saying, "Experience is the toughest teacher. It gives the test and then the lesson."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter