20 Hour Layover in Shanghai

TinkFan74

DIS Veteran
When flying home from The Maldives I will have a 19 hour layover in Shanghai, so my plan is to spend about 11 hours in Shanghai Disneyland; with limited time what are the must sees? I am a solo traveler, so I can use the single rider lines, do these get long? Does anybody know the vegetarian and vegan options?
Thanks for your help

Sometimes the single rider lines are not open. I heard the single rider for tron works well but the single rider for 7dmt was 60 mins (standby was 90). Single rider for Pirates was closed when I was there.

If you're a WDW regular, you only need to see Tron and Pirates. Toy Story Land is similar to Paris and Hong Kong version. Soaring has an interesting queue and different ending but mostly the same. 7DMT is the same as Magic Kingdom with a slightly different ending. Pooh is the same. Peter Pan's Flight has projections in it.

You can choose to purchase a set of Premier Access (paid FP) if you want to ride almost everything.

Not sure about Vegetarian. You may have more luck in Disneytown (Crystal Jade restaurant or Wolfgang Puck may have Vegan option)

Last edited:
When flying home from The Maldives I will have a 19 hour layover in Shanghai, so my plan is to spend about 11 hours in Shanghai Disneyland; with limited time what are the must sees? I am a solo traveler, so I can use the single rider lines, do these get long? Does anybody know the vegetarian and vegan options?
Thanks for your help
Do you have a Chinese Visa or will you be doing the visa-free transit? If you are doing visa-free, I've heard some people doing less than 24-hours or not having a hotel booking have had issues getting cleared, so then they get stuck at the airport for the whole time. (This is more from various travel forums I've found while researching my own trip, not from personal experience.)

Sometimes the single rider lines are not open. I heard the single rider for tron works well but the single rider for 7dmt was 60 mins (standby was 90). Single rider for Pirates was closed when I was there.

If you're a WDW regular, you only need to see Tron and Pirates. Toy Story Land is similar to Paris and Hong Kong version. Soaring has an interesting queue and different ending but mostly the same. 7DMT is the same as Magic Kingdom with a slightly different ending. Pooh is the same. Peter Pan's Flight has projections in it.

You can choose to purchase a set of Premier Access (paid FP) if you want to ride almost everything.

Not sure about Vegetarian. You may have more luck in Disneytown (Crystal Jade restaurant or Wolfgang Puck may have Vegan option)
Thank you.

I second Tron and Pirates. We found the Alice in Wonderland Maze fun and unique to walk in. Food are expensive to local standard, on par with American pricing. I agree Disneytown has better options.

School is on summer vacation till 9/1. I personally will not go before that. If you do go, expect to wait an hour to 90 minutes just to get into the park and long lines for every single ride. You will need to get the premium pass. If Disney World crowd level is 10 on New Year Eve, it'll be 99 on a regular summer day for Shanghai Disneyland. My five year old got so scared by the crowd, she cried at the gate while waiting to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!