2016 NYC Half Marathon

Keels

The Official Keels of RunDisney
Official date is Sunday, March 20.

Registration for the lottery opens at Noon on Oct. 15. There are also other ways to secure a guaranteed entry - the traditional qualifying time, as well as buy purchasing a travel package.

If you'd like to go the charity route, Team for Kids is already selling spots. Your fundraising minimum is $1,310 and is required to be paid in full by Feb. 25. This is on top of a $50 registration fee and the official (TBD) race fee. This year, the race fee was $128.

The course this year spent roughly the first six miles in Central Park before heading along the Hudson River down to the tip of Manhattan and finishing in Battery Park. I actually followed the Central Park 10K route on some of my training runs in December and February - there were hills, but the scenery is amazing and it makes for a pretty fast run. In fact, I had my fastest 10K run on this loop back in February - and if I'm thinking correctly, heading down towards Battery Park has a nice downhill grade.

Anyone thinking of registering for this one?

It falls right around my usual March trip to NYC ...

Last edited:
I will register for the lottery again. I ran it this past March, it was freezing cold and windy but a very nice route!

Bumping this one back up since the Lottery is open.

I paid my registration fee for the race today! I'm running with Team for Kids and am fundraising for my entry. Super excited for this one!

I am interested in this! How do I signup for the lottery?

Go to the New York Road Runners(NYRR) site and they'll have info there. But lottery won't open for a couple months probably. Was a great race this year. I'll probably try to get in again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!