2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

Our AHL team (Manitoba Moose) is also in the playoffs so our barn will be a busy place for the next while. We don’t have another arena that could house a playoff crowd.

I take it the Jets have priority on dates over the Moose.

I know of several times in years gone by that NHL or NBA teams had to reschedule a playoff game because of concerts or other one day events at their arenas, but I never heard of the bulk of a series being moved to another arena.

Back in the mid 1970's the Philadelphia Flyers had to play a day later than the NHL preferred because of a Tony Orlando and Dawn concert. I think the Chicago Blackhawks had to play a "home" playoff game in Nassau Coliseum on Long Island because Chicago Stadium was unavailable and the Islanders refused to changed dates.

In 2010 the Blue Jays - Phillies series was moved from Toronto to Philly due to security concerns about the G20 Summit. The Blue Jays played as the home team.

Naming rights. Sigh. San Jose’s is on their fourth name. It was really confusing when they were named the Compaq Center (the same name as Houston’s arena).

If you think that is confusing, there are 3 ports venues in Canada (2 of them are NHL arenas) named for Rogers. Rogers Centre (formerly SkyDome) in Toronto, Rogers Arena (formerly General Motors Place) in Vancouver, and Rogers Place (new arena in Edmonton).

Last edited:
Yeah Kandri is so innocent. 3 games. stupid. Kisses.

The difference is when Kari does something dumb and reckless, Leafs fans don't defend it, we call it out for the stupidity it was.

Marchand also gets away with stupid stuff every other shift, from slew foots, to 2 handed baseball swings. I don't like to wish injury on people, but a career ending injury for Marchand would be doing the sport a favour.

The difference is when Kari does something dumb and reckless, Leafs fans don't defend it, we call it out for the stupidity it was.

Marchand also gets away with stupid stuff every other shift, from slew foots, to 2 handed baseball swings. I don't like to wish injury on people, but a career ending injury for Marchand would be doing the sport a favour.

Marchand is a dirty player.

If you think that is confusing, there are 3 ports venues in Canada (2 of them are NHL arenas) named for Rogers. Rogers Centre (formerly SkyDome) in Toronto, Rogers Arena (formerly General Motors Place) in Vancouver, and Rogers Place (new arena in Edmonton).

We got that. AT&T Park in San Francisco where the Giants play, AT&T Stadium in Texas where the Cowboys play, and AT&T Center in San Antonio where the Spurs play. Also apparently an AT&T Field in Tennessee for a minor league baseball team. Also American Airlines Arena in Miami vs American Airlines Center in Dallas. Mercedes-Benz has two NFL stadium naming rights.

Well technically it was just "Compaq Center" for the place in Houston, but "Compaq Center at San Jose". It did seem a bit odd though.

We got that. AT&T Park in San Francisco where the Giants play, AT&T Stadium in Texas where the Cowboys play, and AT&T Center in San Antonio where the Spurs play. Also apparently an AT&T Field in Tennessee for a minor league baseball team. Also American Airlines Arena in Miami vs American Airlines Center in Dallas. Mercedes-Benz has two NFL stadium naming rights.

Well technically it was just "Compaq Center" for the place in Houston, but "Compaq Center at San Jose". It did seem a bit odd though.
Off topic but your post reminds me. We were just in San Francisco for a visit and in many areas our AT&T cell service was non existent. I don’t understand why they spend the money on naming rights in an area when their service does not widely work. It was hard to rely on our cell phones for navigation help and in one area we were stranded because we could not use our phones for Uber.

Glad the LA King’s are out! Good riddance to dirty players. Speaking of dirty players, so glad to see that there are other Marchand-haters here! Ugh!

Hoping our Sharks finish off the Ducks tomorrow night!

Off topic but your post reminds me. We were just in San Francisco for a visit and in many areas our AT&T cell service was non existent. I don’t understand why they spend the money on naming rights in an area when their service does not widely work. It was hard to rely on our cell phones for navigation help and in one area we were stranded because we could not use our phones for Uber.

I never had a problem and I had AT&T service until recently. I actually use a carrier now that's affiliated with AT&T, so basically their coverage is my coverage. My neighborhood isn't the greatest for cellular coverage, but I live on a hill with lots of trees and uneven terrain. I don't necessarily get 4 bars, but service is always available. There's a park that I visit, and even though it's got to be less than a 1/4 mile to the closest cell tower, I often get no service. It's in a valley.

The biggest issue with San Francisco is the terrain. If you don't have a line of sight from a cell tower to your location, you won't get reliable service. AT&T's coverage map shows a solid 4G LTE and HD voice coverage for all of San Francisco. However, even then there might be dead spots or intermittent spots because of terrain, buildings, trees, etc.

AT&T Park opened as Pacific Bell Park, which was a pretty nice alliteration. They changed the name as the ownership changed - next SBC Park and then AT&T Park when SBC and AT&T merged.

Well, I was right about leaving Minnesota 3-1.

Beaudreau is so whiny and blamed a missed penalty for their loss. While it looked like a cheap shot, Morrisey is not a dirty player. He said it was an honest mistake. We’ll see if Player Safety has anything to say about it.

Beaudreau, you have to score to have a chance of winning.

And what was up with that anthem singer? Having to tell the crowd to sing the anthem? That should be a given.

Let’s close the series out on Friday, boys!!!

You mean Golden Knights.

The Knights are a very successful OHL team in London, Ontario. Vegas Golden Knights even stole London's colours.

(ahem) I don't think that someone who hails from a region where the chant "Go Leafs Go" instead of "Go Maple Leafs Go" should be correcting another in this situation. Hmmm?

Just joshing...

I need something to do while we gotta wait for Game 4 of the B's/Leafs series. But on the plus side, because there will now be a guaranteed Game 5, at least the Leafs get to play Kadri again. I wonder how that will play out if the Bruins have a 3-1 lead coming back to The Garden? I just wish the NHL would announce whether the game was starting at 3pm or 8pm, on Sat.

(ahem) I don't think that someone who hails from a region where the chant "Go Leafs Go" instead of "Go Maple Leafs Go" should be correcting another in this situation. Hmmm?

Just joshing...

I need something to do while we gotta wait for Game 4 of the B's/Leafs series. But on the plus side, because there will now be a guaranteed Game 5, at least the Leafs get to play Kadri again. I wonder how that will play out if the Bruins have a 3-1 lead coming back to The Garden? I just wish the NHL would announce whether the game was starting at 3pm or 8pm, on Sat.

I can say I have never said "Go Leafs Go" :) it's because there are too many words in Go Maple Leafs Go.

I would bet it will be at 8pm.

No way does Sportsnet want the Leafs at 3pm on a Saturday, they would get much better ratings at 8pm.

Glad the LA King’s are out! Good riddance to dirty players. Speaking of dirty players, so glad to see that there are other Marchand-haters here! Ugh!

Hoping our Sharks finish off the Ducks tomorrow night!

Why is it everyone the Sharks always have choked against in the past have dirty players? Sour grapes make the best whine.

Why is it everyone the Sharks always have choked against in the past have dirty players? Sour grapes make the best whine.

Not sour grapes, as we had a 1-1 record with the Bruins this year. I’m not paying attention to the Sharks series..just enough to know I want the Ducks out. Marchand is a dirty player, just as there are others on other teams.

No - I don’t harbor disdain for teams that the Sharks have lost to, just those 2 SoCal teams. When you live in Northern California it’s quite normal to dislike those other teams - in any sport. It’s tradition. Plus - the Kings & the Ducks have some notoriously dirty players.

Did you even see the last two+ minutes of game 3? They took advantage of the officials looking the other way to slash, cross-check, and rough. Ducks players heading for the bench were taking whacks at Sharks players coming on the ice. There could have easily been 15+ penalties called, but only one was. The one that got called on Montour (who isn't even a goon) he just threw his stick into Karlsson, and while Karlsson was down in pain he cross-checked him for good measure. That was downright disgusting with intent to injure. I can't imagine this didn't come from the coach, like Coach Riley in The Mighty Ducks. It was like the old Activision Ice Hockey. Even a Ducks fan site called them out on it.

https://www.anaheimcalling.com/2018/4/17/17248868/the-big-bad-losers
Down 5-1 in the 3rd period, the wheels began to come off, and the Ducks proceeded to goon it up in about as bad a way you can think, even for this team. Getzlaf took his second and third penalties of the game for slashing Hertl and then roughing Sorensen. The Sharks would proceed to score on the power play.

A few minutes later, the Ducks attempted to stir the pot again. Anaheim leadershipped their way to a Corey Perry cross check and a game misconduct for Getzlaf who would be thrown out of the game. Kesler then took a slashing penalty, and Montour took another slashing penalty at the end of the game.

To drive home the point completely, each one of the Sharks 3rd period goals was scored on the power play as Anaheim believed that the only way to salvage the game was to somehow go all UFC on the ice and flirt with boarder line assault on the San Jose players.

Put simply: the ending of last night’s game was a complete and utter embarrassment for the players, coaches, front office, and, worst of all, the fans.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter