2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

Here’s hoping the Flyers at least remember to show up tonight. But man, even if they do, it’s going to be tough without Couturier.

Looks like Winnipeg will be without D-man Josh Morrisey for a game. Hope Beaudreau is glad all his whining did something.

Yes, it was a bad hit and should have been penalized. But, Morrisey is not a dirty player and has no history.

Hopefully Myers or Enstrom is good to go tomorrow (I’m thinking Myers will play) and we can shut it down Friday night.

as an aside..you know you might swear a little too much when autocorrect tries to fix ‘shut’ to a dirty word :ssst:

On the subject of dirty players my favorite clip is one showing Crosby squirting water into the glove of an opposing player who got close to the Penguins bench. I tried to find the clip but googling Crosby and water bottles just comes up with him throwing the water bottle on the ice while the Penguins were driving to score.

On the subject of dirty players my favorite clip is one showing Crosby squirting water into the glove of an opposing player who got close to the Penguins bench. I tried to find the clip but googling Crosby and water bottles just comes up with him throwing the water bottle on the ice while the Penguins were driving to score.

Hmm, I don’t remember Crosby doing that (and i’m No Crosby fan). I do remember Perry doing that to Carter a few years ago. I also remember a Sen player spraying Crosby with Gatorade.

It’s on the golf channel here too.

Really? I thought it would have been on one of the big national sports networks or CBC. So it's going to be the same broadcast that's being shown in the US?

So Sharks take game 4 2-1 and sweep. That was a tight game. A lot cleaner than the last one. I guess the difference was that the Sharks asked for a video review on a Ducks goal and it was erased for being offsides.

Really? I thought it would have been on one of the big national sports networks or CBC. So it's going to be the same broadcast that's being shown in the US?

Yes. I didn’t watch the game but I know it was discussed when it was announced.

Be still my heart! The SharkTank was rockin’ again tonight! Scarier game, but our boys pulled it off. The Golden Knights will be a formidable opponent.

Uh-oh. It was just announced that Patrice Bergeron will not be in tonight's Bruins-Leafs game. This game just went from challenging to down right tough for the B's

Here is what I just posted on my 2017-18 Boston Bruins thread.

Without Bergy in the line-up, the Bruins stepped up and took control or the series with a 3 games to 1 lead by, ironically, winning 3-1. The B's jumped out to a 1 nothing lead right off the bat. And I didn't even get to see it. Like all good patriotic hockey fans, I stood and respected the singing of the national anthems. What I shouldn't have done before that was finish my second cup of Coke. Needless to say, once the singer got to "...theeeeeee", I was down the hall and in the bathroom. While in there, I hear BDLsgal yell "Oh My God!" I say, please don't tell me the B's just scored. She said yep. As soon as I got out, I say "I'm not staying in there, just for the luck." Her response, "We'll see."

Thankfully, the Bruins did not need my help. It was a tale of 2 games. For the 1st 6-7 min after the Krug goal, the Leafs looked like they were trying out for a dive team. But after that, they started bringing the hitting (and the occasional cheap shot) and the refs let everything go. Add that to the fact that Tuukka was facing a shooting gallery, it's amazing that the bruins weren't down 4-1 by the time they scored their 2nd goal. And that 2nd goal was a beaut. A flawless 2 on 1. And the fact that it was Marshmont that scored it, was the perfect salt in the wound for that Toronto crowd (who I have some animosity towards, but will get to that later). 4 min into the 3rd period, Krejci set up DeBrusk with their rendition of a 2 on 1. And that was how the game ended.

Now, about the crowd. You want to a crowd chant, go ahead. You want to yell out your opinion about a player, by all means. And if you take the time and see if there aren't any little kids in the vicinity, use expletives if you want. BUT... When you heckle and boo a national anthem, that is something I can't abide. Doesn't matter if it's Canadians booing The Star Spangled Banner or Americans booing O' Canada, or any other country's anthem at the Olympics or something, it is a completely weak move. I do not blame all 17000+ fans for the actions of a couple of dozen idiots. But you shouldn't laugh smirk or condone it either. Just my 2 cents.

Game 5 is Saturday at 8pm. I will be at my Elks Lodge, so there will be lots of camaraderie (aka drinking, and talking out of backsides).

Let's Go Bruins!

You mean Golden Knights.

The Knights are a very successful OHL team in London, Ontario. Vegas Golden Knights even stole London's colours.
Um- the owner of the Knights wanted to call them the Black Knights- after West Point- that was a No-Go. what other color are you going to use if you are the GOLDEN KNIGHTS?
there is still a dispute about the name- with the Golden Knights parachute team (Army) most people will think hockey before a parachute team.

the Go Knights is the chant at Games- (GO Knights Go) so think what you will and bring a minor league team into the mix

Looks like I was right again and Myers is good to go for tonight. I predict a very dirty game but the Jets will win and move on to round 2. There are predictions that the fans watching the game outside at the street party will equal the number of fans watching the game at the arena ~15K

Um- the owner of the Knights wanted to call them the Black Knights- after West Point- that was a No-Go. what other color are you going to use if you are the GOLDEN KNIGHTS?
there is still a dispute about the name- with the Golden Knights parachute team (Army) most people will think hockey before a parachute team.

the Go Knights is the chant at Games- (GO Knights Go) so think what you will and bring a minor league team into the mix

Pick a color. Any color. White Knights doesn’t sound too bad.

GO JETS GO

I’m so excited but my stomach hurts at the same time LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter