2017 Fall Planning

Booked ADR's and got almost everything we wanted! The only thing I couldn't get was late breakfast at Tusker for DS's birthday but got lunch instead. This was for the second day of our trip and I thought it might be harder to get. I think he will like lunch but I will keep checking for a late breakfast.:) I keep second guessing our HS choices. We are doing 1 full day and 1 half day because the boys love that park! We for sure want Sci-fi but are torn between Mama Melrose and 50's Prime time. We have been to Mama's before and really liked it but have never tried Prime time. Has anyone here been to both and what do you prefer?

I know we want 9 adr's. I am trying to prepare what days to make what for. I am looking at using most Breakfasts for PPO's. Also what ones would you think besides BOG I should try and do next? I know some are harder to get.

1. BOG
2. The Candle Light dinner in Germany
3. Garden Grill (PPO Breakfast or Brunch?)
4. The Epcot princess's meal (PPO or Brunch?)
5. Ohana (dinner)
6. F! meal in HS (Christmas Hollywood and vine dinner)
7. Raglan Road (Disney Springs (dinner)
8. Tusker House (ROL)(PPO or Brunch?)
9. Whispering canyon. (Lunch)

I have some QS too but those are all up in the air times except the BOG Breakfast and Lunch right?

Booked ADR's and got almost everything we wanted! The only thing I couldn't get was late breakfast at Tusker for DS's birthday but got lunch instead. This was for the second day of our trip and I thought it might be harder to get. I think he will like lunch but I will keep checking for a late breakfast.:) I keep second guessing our HS choices. We are doing 1 full day and 1 half day because the boys love that park! We for sure want Sci-fi but are torn between Mama Melrose and 50's Prime time. We have been to Mama's before and really liked it but have never tried Prime time. Has anyone here been to both and what do you prefer?

Have you tried changing your party size for your TH breakfast? Might (or might not) change availability for your ideal time slot, but we have had luck with this on several reservations. Our family enjoys both 50s and MM. Usually do MM if it's part of the Fantasmic! package, so it will include the appetizer. Otherwise, we usually go with 50s or Sci-Fi.

Congrats Candice on booking your ADR's!! I hope you're able to swap your lunch for breakfast and that your DS has a wonderful birthday!! We have never been to Mama Melrose, but we really enjoy Prime Time. Just remember, if you do book Prime Time, make sure everyone is on their best behavior (no elbows on the table, eat all the veggies, etc) or your waiter/waitress might have some fun at your expense :laughing:.

Last edited:

Congrats Candice on booking your ADR's!! I hope you're able to swap your lunch for breakfast and that your DS has a wonderful birthday!! We have never been to Mama Melrose, but we really enjoy Prime Time. Just remember, if you do book Prime Time, make sure everyone is on their best behavior (no elbows on the table, eat all the veggies, etc) or your waiter/waitress might have some fun at your expense :laughing:.
Thanks! I think my oldest DS is worried he might forget about the no elbows on the table if we go there!:teeth:

Have you tried changing your party size for your TH breakfast? Might (or might not) change availability for your ideal time slot, but we have had luck with this on several reservations. Our family enjoys both 50s and MM. Usually do MM if it's part of the Fantasmic! package, so it will include the appetizer. Otherwise, we usually go with 50s or Sci-Fi.
Thanks for the suggestions I will try changing the party size!:) I am also hopeful that once ROL dining packages for November open up some times may become available.

Joining in! Free dining at Poly September 9th-16th. ADR's at Le Cellier, Ohana, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, BOG, Garden Grill, The Wave, Kona Cafe, Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Package, Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and MNSSHP on September 12th. I've been Disney dreaming and planning for months now. Hope to learn something from all of you!

Whatar ethe differences in the dessert parties? Do you get a good view from both or is one view better than the other? Are there things that kids who aren't picky would like?

Thanks! I think my oldest DS is worried he might forget about the no elbows on the table if we go there!:teeth:
My kids are usually pretty good about the no elbows on the table. It's eating all of their veggies they have trouble with :sad2:. There is one waiter my kids always fear we'll get because he'll say "shame, shame" :laughing:. There are several videos on YouTube of Prime Time if you want to check them out. :)

My kids are usually pretty good about the no elbows on the table. It's eating all of their veggies they have trouble with :sad2:. There is one waiter my kids always fear we'll get because he'll say "shame, shame" :laughing:. There are several videos on YouTube of Prime Time if you want to check them out. :)
My boys are fussy with veggies they like so I don't know if they would eat them all either!:) My DD would do fine! My kiddos are usually good about no elbows on the table but my oldest DS is is a thinker and might forget if lost in thought, LOL! I think my DH wants Mama Melrose, so I think we may pick that one this time and do Primetime next time. That will give the little ones time to prepare!:teeth:

My boys are fussy with veggies they like so I don't know if they would eat them all either!:) My DD would do fine! My kiddos are usually good about no elbows on the table but my oldest DS is is a thinker and might forget if lost in thought, LOL! I think my DH wants Mama Melrose, so I think we may pick that one this time and do Primetime next time. That will give the little ones time to prepare!:teeth:

I'm not good with no elbows on the table....

I love that Disney booklet!! The trip always seems closer when it arrives.:) Keep us updated on your costumes!
I always look forward to receiving Disney mail!! This year's booklet is really thin compared to the previous ones and the Incredibles have been replaced by the Castle. We had originally talked about going to the Halloween party as the Sanderson sisters, but the girls decided to go as the characters from UP instead. So far, I've started working on the badges for youngest DD's costume (Russell).

I always look forward to receiving Disney mail!! This year's booklet is really thin compared to the previous ones and the Incredibles have been replaced by the Castle. We had originally talked about going to the Halloween party as the Sanderson sisters, but the girls decided to go as the characters from UP instead. So far, I've started working on the badges for youngest DD's costume (Russell).
I noticed the book was thinner too! I kinda like the new castle picture better though.:) I bet the costumes will be really cute!!! We went to the Halloween party a couple of years ago and loved the Sanderson sisters! It was the first year they changed the show to include them and I thought they did a great job! Hocus Pocus is one of my favourite Halloween movies! We are still trying to decide if the little ones will stay up late enough to make the Christmas party worth it this year.:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!