2017 Holiday Events Start 11/18 This Year

Looking for specifics as to actual days of week/times for various events. Anybody remember from last year?

Trying to decide whether to switch dates of my upcoming trip around to be able to experience. Right now will be in the area the Saturday after Thanksgiving to the following Friday.

In the past have missed the Grinch/parade as it was only offered on the weekends, last year didn't start until 12/5

Last edited:
Will this be the official thread for all things Universal Christmas 2017?? Hope so......

We are totally excited to be going the week of 12/3!!!! Bring on Christmas at Hogsmeade for this Ravenclaw.

Will this be the official thread for all things Universal Christmas 2017?? Hope so......

We are totally excited to be going the week of 12/3!!!! Bring on Christmas at Hogsmeade for this Ravenclaw.

Lol IDK about that, just trying to figure out when & where stuff is happening at this point

My daughter will be happy. When we visited in 2013 we were a little too early for Grinchmas.
Do you know if Mannheim Steamroller is included with park admission or is it a separate event?

So looking forward to the new potter light show, bigger parade and all the decor. We never seem to be when the concerts are though. Oh well. Love the holiday time of year.

So, remember, if you have a seasonal pass, you can't go to Universal Studios on those concert dates listed above. You can only go to IOA.

Thank you Damo! We are buying season passes and I never dreamed that would be an issue! Can we still park hop to UO with the power pass?

Last edited:
Wow, thank you!
We have 2 trips coming up this Fall - one on Columbus Day weekend and one just after Thanksgiving. I was so focused on being organized for the October visit, I've been ignoring the November planning.

With this news, I've figured out that:
* I will be getting Preferred to take advantage of dining discounts.
* DD (joining me in October) needs to get a Power Pass so she can get into US on 11/26.
* DH (not joining us in October) should NOT upgrade to Seasonal until 11/27.

Who knew APs could get so complicated? We had APs for 2015-2016, visited 3 times, and never ran into a blockout! Actually, I never even considered - or checked for! - the concert blocks.

Good thing you read this thread and found out about concealed ap blocks

It saved you from buying the wrong ap

We are Seasonal Passholders. We booked our upcoming trip for November in January. I made sure there were no block out days when I booked. Now, two of or vacation days, Nov 18 and 19th, we cannot go into Universal Orlando because of a concert. To say the least, I'm not impressed. To upgrade our passes is $60 ($74 CAD) per person, too much for five of us. :mad:
I'm glad I read it here instead of finding out when we get there, thank you Damo! :thanks:
I guess I will plan a shopping day on a concert day :)

Last edited:
We are Seasonal Passholders. We booked our upcoming trip for November in January. I made sure there were no block out days when I booked. Now, two of or vacation days, Nov 17 and 18th, we cannot go into Universal Orlando because of a concert. To say the least, I'm not impressed.

Where did you find out the concert dates? I can't find them and want to make sure we don't miss one. Thx

We are Seasonal Passholders. We booked our upcoming trip for November in January. I made sure there were no block out days when I booked. Now, two of or vacation days, Nov 18 and 19th, we cannot go into Universal Orlando because of a concert. To say the least, I'm not impressed. To upgrade our passes is $60 ($74 CAD) per person, too much for five of us. :mad:
I'm glad I read it here instead of finding out when we get there, thank you Damo! :thanks:
I guess I will plan a shopping day on a concert day :)

I would send guest services an email and double check that Mannheim constitutes a block out date.

I would send guest services an email and double check that Mannheim constitutes a block out date.
I called yesterday, and they confirmed that it is blocked out. I couldn't find much info on the UO website, so I thought I would phone and get an answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!