2017 Holiday Events Start 11/18 This Year

Has there been confirmation that seasonal tickets can't get in when MS there? Like is it in writing or have every TM said it is blocked? Last year, they didn't count those as concert dates and seasonal could get it. Marci Gras concerts were blocked out. My kids passes expire at the end of this month and we haven't decided if we are doing power or seasonal. (We are on the fence due to Mardi Gras dates. If MS dates count too, then it's clear we need to get them Power passes).

Has there been confirmation that seasonal tickets can't get in when MS there? Like is it in writing or have every TM said it is blocked? Last year, they didn't count those as concert dates and seasonal could get it. Marci Gras concerts were blocked out. My kids passes expire at the end of this month and we haven't decided if we are doing power or seasonal. (We are on the fence due to Mardi Gras dates. If MS dates count too, then it's clear we need to get them Power passes).
I think your best bet is to call Guest Services or the AP hotline and have them answer this question.

I think your best bet is to call Guest Services or the AP hotline and have them answer this question.

Last year, some people at guest services were saying yes and some no - so the answers there could easily be wrong. I figured if everyone was being told seasonal could no longer get in, then that would likely mean that's really the case.

Last year, some people at guest services were saying yes and some no - so the answers there could easily be wrong. I figured if everyone was being told seasonal could no longer get in, then that would likely mean that's really the case.
True but it's more factual than those of us on the message board would typically know. I assumed the same...concert dates were blacked out and MS is a concert...so I guess Seasonal Passholders should not expect to enter the Studios on those dates. So sayth the DISBoards. ;)

There's a whole FB thread about this....everyone keeps getting diff answers from GS and AP hotline. I was told "yes" by phone myself, then when I emailed, (to get it in writing which seemed safer), I received a reply back that definitely no seasonal passholders would be permitted to enter during the MS concert. o_O Uni team themselves seems quite confused over this.

But someone on that other thread reached out to PR dept and their official word was "no" for seasonal passholders. So hearing "no" twice in a fairly official capacity, I'm not counting on it.

Unfortunately, it seems pretty "black and white" to me that a Seasonal Pass can't get into Universal Studios AT ALL on concert dates. Below is a screen shot that I just took from the Universal website. THAT BLOWS . . . :badpc:

and that's my mature adult tantrum!!! :teeth:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 7.51.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 7.51.32 PM.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
Has there been confirmation that seasonal tickets can't get in when MS there? Like is it in writing or have every TM said it is blocked?

See my post above. I honestly don't see how it is ambiguous at all . . . no matter how many people call and are told they can get it on concert days. I must admit this really disappoints me with Universal. Why not just list those as blackout days to begin with instead of playing games.

See my post above. I honestly don't see how it is ambiguous at all . . . no matter how many people call and are told they can get it on concert days. I must admit this really disappoints me with Universal. Why not just list those as blackout days to begin with instead of playing games.
Probably not a game. Probably a matter of booking various concert dates throughout the year.

I don't think the exact times have been released yet, but yes both should be held everyday starting 11/18

I thought the parade was only offered on weekend, same as Mannheim SR.

Hmmm, may switch my plans around if so since I'll be seeing TSO back home in December. Likely much less crowded during the week vs weekend

Hmmm, may switch my plans around if so since I'll be seeing TSO back home in December. Likely much less crowded during the week vs weekend

The crowd calendar on Undercover Tourist shows the parade and potter Christmas everyday. I sure hope it's right we didn't plan any weekend days, week days are so much better for crowds.

Last edited:

The parade is everyday, my daughter will be a balloon holder and her schedule is 3pm to 7pm so I'm assuming the parade will be at 5pm
This morning the Christmas Frog Choir set was performed for the Universal execs, on stage at 6am. WB had one final change to one of the songs because they wanted to switch one word, man they are throurough
Hogsmead looks spectacular, each store has wreaths that tie to what they are selling.

Last edited:
The parade is everyday, my daughter will be a balloon holder and her schedule is 3pm to 7pm so I'm assuming the parade will be at 5pm
This morning the Christmas Frog Choir set was performed for the Universal execs, on stage at 6am. WB had one final change to one of the songs because they wanted to switch one word, man they are throurough
Hogsmead looks spectacular, each store has wreaths that tie to what they are selling.

Ooh that's helpful thanks. May just do two half days if the grinch show is every day too

Don't know if this has been asked already... any idea as to when the nightly Hogwarts projection show will be? We're trying to plan around it but I can't find an actual time that's been listed

Don't know if this has been asked already... any idea as to when the nightly Hogwarts projection show will be? We're trying to plan around it but I can't find an actual time that's been listed

I was thinking it just kept playing over and over from sunset to park close?

I didn't think it was a set show like Wishes fireworks, but I could be wrong. Universal seems to be vague on the details at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter