2017 WDW Marathon Weekend Dates?

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know? I have heard both the first and second full weekend. The diabetes website says the first.

Disney has not officially released the dates yet, but they likely will in the next few days. Last year, they released the dates on October 9th.

It's been the second weekend of January since my wife and I have been participating with runDisney races in 2013. That year it was the 10th-13th; 2014 was the 8th-12th; 2015 was 7th-11th; and 2016 is scheduled for 6th-10th. However, 2017 is a bit different in that New Years falls on a Sunday, leaving the first full weekend free of the New Year crowds...

I think that they set it up the first weekend following the first full week in January. This keeps it from butting up against MLK and NYE, both already busy in their own right..

Hi,

My first half marathon in WDW was in 2011 and that year the HM was about the 6th Jan ( tied in well with taking time off for new year so made a weeks vacation of it from the UK). Looks like 2017 might work well also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter