2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free dining promo is not free drinks. It is more of a package promo, no?

What are the laws in Florida in regards to giving out "free" drinks?

A quick Google turned this up:

"Florida is one of 11 states that doesn't have any statutes or rules restricting drink specials."

It is from an advocacy organization arguing for stricter alcohol laws, and the info is a bit outdated but given their mission I think it would probably be updated if something changed.

I don't think there's any way they could create a policy requiring the drink to be consumed immediately at the resort food courts. People get meals to take back to their rooms all the time, with and without beer/wine. It would be ridiculous and unenforceable to try to prevent people who are using their alcoholic drink entitlement from doing the same.

At least at the parks, you may take your drink out of the restaurant, but you may not take it outside the exit gates.

I just got back from a 4 day trip. We had the dxddp so I didn't get a chance to check out the alcoholic offerings at the qs places. DH and I were sitting at MK yesterday just taking a break and he really wanted a beer which of course he couldn't get. That got us talking about the 2018 plan. The average vacationer does not study menus like we do. I help a lot of people plan trips and I know us dissers are an anomaly. Anyway, we think there's going to be a lot of angry customers who believe they can have an entitlement ( alcohol at qs ) with their meal and then they find out this option is very limited.I know some of us think people should do more research but the fact is they dont. I have read and believe that Disney offering alcohol is an attempt to reach young adults or those that just enjoy adult beverages, especially while on vacation. Either Disney is going to add the alcohol options to the qs menus in the next few weeks or they're going to have lots of irate adults....just the population they don't want to p@*# off.

Anyway, we think there's going to be a lot of angry customers who believe they can have an entitlement ( alcohol at qs ) with their meal and then they find out this option is very limited

Except for MK, EVERY QS restaurant around the world has some kind of alcoholic option. 90% of them have a couple beer choices, and a good many of them also have some kind of mixed drink or wine. The QS options are there. I think the anger may come more from the TS side, because each restaurant will be able to decide what they are going to allow. I highly doubt it will be any drink on the menu. It's definitely going to be an interesting January!

Except for MK, EVERY QS restaurant around the world has some kind of alcoholic option. 90% of them have a couple beer choices, and a good many of them also have some kind of mixed drink or wine. The QS options are there. I think the anger may come more from the TS side, because each restaurant will be able to decide what they are going to allow. I highly doubt it will be any drink on the menu. It's definitely going to be an interesting January!

I agree about January being interesting, but I don't think we'll see much anger coming over the Disney owned TS. Their drink menus are so standardized, with such a common set of price points, that the line between standard/included and premium/excluded drinks almost draws itself. It may be trickier at the non-Disney-owned places, since they are historically a bit stingier with DDP entitlements (Paddlefish @ lunch being perhaps the ultimate illustration of that, as a signature restaurant with entrees starting at $16 and an upcharge on anything that's actually in a signature price range), but I think if you look at the wine/beer lists and standard cocktail menus at TS locations there's a pretty clear split around the $12 mark that distinguishes standard from specialty offerings.

And of course, a lot of signature drinks are going to be excluded by default because they're only available at lounges that don't take the dining plans (Tambu, Trader Sams, La Cava, the slushie stand in France, etc.).

But the real question is... once we know the answers to all of this, what will we have to speculate about to pass the time until the next trip? :rotfl:

Really? That high? I don't drink beer so I wonder what percentage of qs places offer an alcoholic drink that isn't beer? Outside of WS, I only remember a very few in the parks.

Really? That high? I don't drink beer so I wonder what percentage of qs places offer an alcoholic drink that isn't beer? Outside of WS, I only remember a very few in the parks.

Most of them outside of the MK (at least the ones that offer quick service meals and not just snacks) offer at least wine and/or sangria from a box.

Most of them outside of the MK (at least the ones that offer quick service meals and not just snacks) offer at least wine and/or sangria from a box.
Wow. I just checked the menus and you are right. Some offer several mixed drinks. Is this new this year? I never noticed.

Wow. I just checked the menus and you are right. Some offer several mixed drinks. Is this new this year? I never noticed.

It isn't new this year, because I remember the same and its been two years since I was down there last. The offerings are definitely better at some QS than at others, and as with food, Studios is the most lacking in options (not counting MK since it is still mostly dry).

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/12/changes-coming-to-disney-dining-plan.html?m=1

Of note:
  • Dining plan Guests who visit quick-service and table-service locations beginning Jan. 1 may receive any beverage included with their meal entitlement included in their plan, regardless of whether they are on the 2017 or 2018 plan.
  • 2) Are some beverages excluded?
    The majority of single-serving beverages on the menu are included. Menus have been designed so that the majority, if not all of single-serving items on the printed menu are included in dining plans.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/12/changes-coming-to-disney-dining-plan.html?m=1

Of note:
  • Dining plan Guests who visit quick-service and table-service locations beginning Jan. 1 may receive any beverage included with their meal entitlement included in their plan, regardless of whether they are on the 2017 or 2018 plan.
  • 2) Are some beverages excluded?
    The majority of single-serving beverages on the menu are included. Menus have been designed so that the majority, if not all of single-serving items on the printed menu are included in dining plans.

That info looks very promising for us who are starting with the 2017 plan. But when I clicked on the link from within that article, it takes you to a list of 2018 participating restaurants. Half the EP and all the AK TS that are not signature or character meal restaurants are missing from the list. Do you think it is a misprint or would that many really be removed from the plan?https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

That info looks very promising for us who are starting with the 2017 plan. But when I clicked on the link from within that article, it takes you to a list of 2018 participating restaurants. Half the EP and all the AK TS that are not signature or character meal restaurants are missing from the list. Do you think it is a misprint or would that many really be removed from the plan?https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

Nothing to worry about; it is like this every year. The restaurants missing haven't signed their contracts yet. Granted, the addition of alcohol COULD be a factor for some of them and may cause them to drop from the DDP list, but it's unlikely.

Likely been asked a thousand times, but I just want to make sure . . . Curious about expiration of credits. I check out say Saturday morning, can I use a dining credit for breakfast that morning I check out, or will it have expired that past midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!