2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience subbing a drink for a snack credit on the new plan (specifically at a resort when you already have the mug anyway!) I know I was able to do this when we were there two years ago when you had to take a dessert also (so we ended up throwing away cookies :crazy2: ) but I was just wondering if I can grab an extra dessert this way when we eat at our resort.

Does anyone have any experience subbing a drink for a snack credit on the new plan (specifically at a resort when you already have the mug anyway!) I know I was able to do this when we were there two years ago when you had to take a dessert also (so we ended up throwing away cookies :crazy2: ) but I was just wondering if I can grab an extra dessert this way when we eat at our resort.

Depends on the resort. Some are allowing it and others aren't. Just ask.

Art of Animation CMs recommended it. Got a Mickey ears cupcake. I think the person in front of me was able to do so at All Stars Music this morning, but I’m not 100% certain about that.

Art of Animation CMs recommended it. Got a Mickey ears cupcake. I think the person in front of me was able to do so at All Stars Music this morning, but I’m not 100% certain about that.

Hopefully Pop will be amenable, it really doesn't make sense given that the mugs are free to be required to take a drink.

Hopefully Pop will be amenable, it really doesn't make sense given that the mugs are free to be required to take a drink.

Except that the "rules" of the dining plan state "one entrée/combo and DRINK." Just because they've allowed it in the past doesn't mean they have to continue. Buy the plan and be prepared to follow the "rules."

"Does anyone have any experience subbing a drink for a snack credit on the new plan (specifically at a resort when you already have the mug anyway!) I know I was able to do this when we were there two years ago when you had to take a dessert also (so we ended up throwing away cookies :crazy2: ) but I was just wondering if I can grab an extra dessert this way when we eat at our resort."

POFQ does this. I had beignets, expecting to use a snack credit but it just went under the QS. Did the same all week (of course we had beignets all week :). It wasn't until I was on this board a while ago I realized why they did it that way.

Apples and kumquats. Ddp has child and adult credits. Dxdp only has meal credits, no distinction between adult and child.

"actual experiences" isn't the place to discuss this, so I moved your quote over here.

I disagree. Even though the credits are not separated, when you're sitting at the table with just your family, it's obvious you PAID for a CHILD's plan. You only paid $15 more per night for that child's plan than the family sitting next to you that got the regular DDP. How does that translate into your child getting to order anything they want on the menu and the other one is completely restricted to the child's menu (BOTH PDFs still say, "kids MUST order from a kid's menu), including specialty drinks that have been spelled out to be added even for the kids this year?

Just got my MDE app update notification this morning, to add DDP to mobile ordering. If the QS credits are not pooled now, I doubt they will be pooled anytime soon. Can anyone with QS DP confirm? (update your app first)

"actual experiences" isn't the place to discuss this, so I moved your quote over here.

I disagree. Even though the credits are not separated, when you're sitting at the table with just your family, it's obvious you PAID for a CHILD's plan. You only paid $15 more per night for that child's plan than the family sitting next to you that got the regular DDP. How does that translate into your child getting to order anything they want on the menu and the other one is completely restricted to the child's menu (BOTH PDFs still say, "kids MUST order from a kid's menu), including specialty drinks that have been spelled out to be added even for the kids this year?
It translates because you paid $15 more. It's not an exclusive club. Anyone can buy in, including the family that didn't pay the extra $15. My kids will be on the DDP this year. If the kids at the next table are getting better value on the DxDP good for them. They paid a large amount for the flexibility that I didn't.

It translates because you paid $15 more. It's not an exclusive club. Anyone can buy in, including the family that didn't pay the extra $15. My kids will be on the DDP this year. If the kids at the next table are getting better value on the DxDP good for them. They paid a large amount for the flexibility that I didn't.

True. I just think it's interesting we're seeing reports that the regular DDP is being more strict with kid's meals (i.e. no specialty drinks for the kids at some TS) while the DxDP is continuing to allow kids to order everything and anything.

True. I just think it's interesting we're seeing reports that the regular DDP is being more strict with kid's meals (i.e. no specialty drinks for the kids at some TS) while the DxDP is continuing to allow kids to order everything and anything.
We did not have this issue anywhere. I’ve only seen one report of it so far - at 50’s prime time. We’re there more? My son was allowed a specialty drink everywhere. The only place I had to argue was Satuli Canteen. I think it’s just a training issue with the new plan.

We did not have this issue anywhere. I’ve only seen one report of it so far - at 50’s prime time. We’re there more? My son was allowed a specialty drink everywhere. The only place I had to argue was Satuli Canteen. I think it’s just a training issue with the new plan.

I had planned to go to 50’s primetime specifically so my son could get a milkshake with his meal....not sure where this conversation originated.... can he not get one on the DDP?

I had planned to go to 50’s primetime specifically so my son could get a milkshake with his meal....not sure where this conversation originated.... can he not get one on the DDP?
Not sure. We all got them at Sci-Fi. But I’ve seen one report here on DIS that someone was not allowed milkshakes at 50’s for the child’s dining plan, only the adults.

Not sure. We all got them at Sci-Fi. But I’ve seen one report here on DIS that someone was not allowed milkshakes at 50’s for the child’s dining plan, only the adults.

This is correct... 50’s Prime Time would NOT allow my 9 year old to order a specialty drink like a milkshake. Only milk, juice or soda.

AKL promoted this option. I grabbed snacks to take home this way or a dessert

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter