2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time Disney visitors but first time on DDP. I know California Grill and Narcoossee are 2 table service credits. Are there entrees at these locations that aren't covered on the DDP? Thanks your help.
All entrees are included, however last time we ate ate Narcoossee they had "add ons"" to the entrees that were not included, such as a lobster tail with your steak.

Tried to search but couldn't find the answer.

For Flower and Garden or Food and Wine I know that I have been able to use 1 qs credit to get 3 items at a food booth in one transaction. Now that the qs credit includes an alcohol drink, has anyone successfully used a credit to get 3 items and a alcoholic drink from a food booth?

Tried to search but couldn't find the answer.

For Flower and Garden or Food and Wine I know that I have been able to use 1 qs credit to get 3 items at a food booth in one transaction. Now that the qs credit includes an alcohol drink, has anyone successfully used a credit to get 3 items and a alcoholic drink from a food booth?

No this cannot be done, since you are exchanging your QS credit for 3 snack credit items. It is not a QS meal, and alcoholic drinks cannot be purchased using snack credits.

It's the same as going to your resort food court trying to get 3 Rice Krispie treats and a bottle of Bud for your QS credit, it's not going to work.

No this cannot be done, since you are exchanging your QS credit for 3 snack credit items. It is not a QS meal, and alcoholic drinks cannot be purchased using snack credits.

It's the same as going to your resort food court trying to get 3 Rice Krispie treats and a bottle of Bud for your QS credit, it's not going to work.

Didn't think of it that way... that makes sense. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked. We are doing a split stay. First checking in at POR without the dining plan. The next day, we are checking in at POP with the dining plan, however, we want to enjoy POR that morning (that we are supposed to check in at POP). we were going to check into POP that afternoon. Anyway...I was wondering about check in and when I can start using my dining credits. I really don't want to check in to pop because I want to enjoy POR for breakfast (and use my mug). I searched in google and notice a blog that said "if you check in late, you can pay for your meals before you check in. Then, when you check in, they will refund you the money and apply the food to your dining plan credits." Can anyone confirm this? Also, does this works for mugs as well? OR, can I online check in at POP, and still eat breakfast and enjoy POR for that morning??

Sorry if this has been asked. We are doing a split stay. First checking in at POR without the dining plan. The next day, we are checking in at POP with the dining plan, however, we want to enjoy POR that morning (that we are supposed to check in at POP). we were going to check into POP that afternoon. Anyway...I was wondering about check in and when I can start using my dining credits. I really don't want to check in to pop because I want to enjoy POR for breakfast (and use my mug). I searched in google and notice a blog that said "if you check in late, you can pay for your meals before you check in. Then, when you check in, they will refund you the money and apply the food to your dining plan credits." Can anyone confirm this? Also, does this works for mugs as well? OR, can I online check in at POP, and still eat breakfast and enjoy POR for that morning??

I don't have a known answer to your question, but in theory I would expect that if you did online check-in and said you were arriving in the AM, you would have access to your credits. If not you may be able to call POP (or have POR call POP) to check you in and activate your credits.

Once the credits are active you can get your mug - that depends on if they're active or not.

I just stayed at Pop Century with two separate reservations. I checked in for both reservations online. The first night was hotel only. For the remaining 5 nights I made a separate reservation with the Dx DP. When I asked if I had to check out and check back in the next morning in order to use my dining credits for breakfast, no one seemed to know for sure. I tried to get my mugs the first night, but I could not.

So I went down to the desk in the morning and checked in again and received a new set of magic bands. I did not want to risk it.

I just stayed at Pop Century with two separate reservations. I checked in for both reservations online. The first night was hotel only. For the remaining 5 nights I made a separate reservation with the Dx DP. When I asked if I had to check out and check back in the next morning in order to use my dining credits for breakfast, no one seemed to know for sure. I tried to get my mugs the first night, but I could not.

So I went down to the desk in the morning and checked in again and received a new set of magic bands. I did not want to risk it.
That is what I was hoping for.

We actually never used our second set of magic bands as the first set was linked to the dining, the parks, and our room. I don't think I actually had to go to the desk to check out and check back in. Everything went very smoothly for us at Disney and the customer service was amazing. The manager of POP century actually walked us all the way to our room the first night at 11pm.

I was worried I would get to Animal Kingdom and Tusker House and A. not be able to enter the park and B. not be able to use my dining credits for breakfast.

Im doing the same thing in a few weeks, I called Disney and asked the same question.
He said that dining credits are available starting at 7 am on your check in day, provided that you
have done on line check in. We shall see if this is true haha

Im doing the same thing in a few weeks, I called Disney and asked the same question.
He said that dining credits are available starting at 7 am on your check in day, provided that you
have done on line check in. We shall see if this is true haha
Great news!!!!

Forgive me if this has been posted here before .... but we are returning to WDW in August using the bounceback offer we booked LAST August. So we'll get the QS meal plan, which now includes 2 QS alcoholic beverages? Sweet.

Do the drinks have to be gotten at the same time you get a QS meal, or are there locations where you can just get a drink using the credit - I'm thinking a bar at the water parks, for example. Thanks!

Forgive me if this has been posted here before .... but we are returning to WDW in August using the bounceback offer we booked LAST August. So we'll get the QS meal plan, which now includes 2 QS alcoholic beverages? Sweet.

Do the drinks have to be gotten at the same time you get a QS meal, or are there locations where you can just get a drink using the credit - I'm thinking a bar at the water parks, for example. Thanks!

They can only be purchased WITH your meal; they are the drink portion of your QS meal credit.

It would make sense that you have to get your drink along with your meal as that entitlement is part of your credit.. Hence why you cant go back and get it later..

I feel like the answer is yes but trying to confirm that before booking one last ADR: if we only have 1 TS left on the last day but make a TS ADR for two can you pay OOP for one of the meals? Can you choose which meal it is?

Thanks! Couple more questions if y’all don’t mind. First time using DDP.

Is two credits worth it for California Grill brunch? I know worth it is subjective but is it a WOW experience or is it better to say, use those credits and do dinner at Ohana and Sanaa instead.

Between HS and MK what is your go to for best value TS? We were so excited for Brown Derby before realizing it’s a signature. No thanks.

Is two credits worth it for California Grill brunch? I know worth it is subjective but is it a WOW experience or is it better to say, use those credits and do dinner at Ohana and Sanaa instead.

Let's do the math. Brunch is $80 plus tax for adults. I couldn't find anything that said this includes the tip, so probably not. Ohana dinner is $45.80 including tax. So do you think you'll "spend" more than $40 at Sanaa dinner? OH...one more thing to include. If you use DDP at Ohana and Sanaa, you can include an alcoholic drink in your calculations. If you are OOP at Ohana and Sanaa and you want an alcoholic drink, you need to add that to your OOP price. Brunch includes a drink either way.

Let's do the math. Brunch is $80 plus tax for adults. I couldn't find anything that said this includes the tip, so probably not. Ohana dinner is $45.80 including tax. So do you think you'll "spend" more than $40 at Sanaa dinner? OH...one more thing to include. If you use DDP at Ohana and Sanaa, you can include an alcoholic drink in your calculations. If you are OOP at Ohana and Sanaa and you want an alcoholic drink, you need to add that to your OOP price. Brunch includes a drink either way.
I’ve done the math, Ohana and Sanaa combined would be more than the cost of CG brunch but if the brunch is just so awesome then I’m willing to eat $30 or so dollars in value to experience it. I have spreadsheets on spreadsheets I’m just looking for those who may argue that CG brunch is worth it :)

Does anyone know if I am eating with a family member who is not on the dining plan and I am, am I able to pay out of pocket for my family member and use my Tables in Wonderland discount on his meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter