2018 Fall/Winter Free Dining Dates Announced!

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Sorry don't see a thread!
Can book around the 24th or 25th so hang in!

August 2 – September 29, 2018
November 24 – 27, 2018
December 7 – 23, 2018

South American travel agents have a heads up of dates, and their offers are usually a match to what is coming for all of us :)

November 24 – 27, 2018
December 7 – 23, 2018

Any info if any resorts are excluded from free dining? Any room only discounts and which resorts are excluded?
Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Service Disney Dining Plan for Value and Moderate Resorts; regular Disney Dining Plan for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts. Room exclusions include all of Art of Animation, both Port Orleans Resorts, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Village Resort, and Contemporary Resort.

So if you check in on the last day that it is offered do you only get it one day or will you get it your whole trip?

You can get it for up to two weeks.

I’ve never gotten free Dinning before.
How does it work?
We are booked for September 29 at moderate resort with Dinning package.
If I change reservation to check in sept 29th with free Dinning would our resort rate stay the same and the dinning plan would then be free ?

I’ve never gotten free Dinning before.
How does it work?
We are booked for September 29 at moderate resort with Dinning package.
If I change reservation to check in sept 29th with free Dinning would our resort rate stay the same and the dinning plan would then be free ?

It depends on FD availability at your resort. If you are checking in at CBR or CSR on Sept. 29th, you may be able to get FD. You will need to pay rack rate for the room and purchase tIckets with hopper (4 day minimum) as a package. You will receive quick service dining for free at a moderate, but you can pay the difference to upgrade to TS dining if you wish.

Check out this thread for more info.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-free-dining-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3599732/

It depends on FD availability at your resort. If you are checking in at CBR or CSR on Sept. 29th, you may be able to get FD. You will need to pay rack rate for the room and purchase tIckets with hopper (4 day minimum) as a package. You will receive quick service dining for free at a moderate, but you can pay the difference to upgrade to TS dining if you wish.

Check out this thread for more info.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-free-dining-plan-watch-wait-and-dream.3599732/

Thanks.
I'm assuming I'm already paying the rack rate at POR. No discounts available when I booked it.
You mentioned CBR and CSR but not POR, how come ?

Didn't see that. Thanks.
That sucks.

Yeah, it’s a regular issue. POR was only open for free dining for our last trip in 2016 for the first block of dates and thankfully we checked in on the 29th of September so we got it. But AOA and PO are pretty frequently excluded which is a bummer!

Quick Service Disney Dining Plan for Value and Moderate Resorts; regular Disney Dining Plan for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts. Room exclusions include all of Art of Animation, both Port Orleans Resorts, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Village Resort, and Contemporary Resort.

Does this mean ALL of Polynesian is excluded or maybe the villas are part of the deal? And the information available at this time is just FD only, not room only discounts, correct?

Does this mean ALL of Polynesian is excluded or maybe the villas are part of the deal? And the information available at this time is just FD only, not room only discounts, correct?

I think it’s all of Poly but not sure.
Only FD.

November 24 – 27, 2018
December 7 – 23, 2018

Seems odd to throw thanksgiving weekend in there. Won’t it be busy?

That is a lot of exclusions.

Seems odd to throw thanksgiving weekend in there. Won’t it be busy?

That is a lot of exclusions.

If those dates prove true, Disney must have issues with people checking-out in droves starting on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, so they're trying to attract people in to fill the void and keep the parks full all while charging the premium Thanksgiving weekend hotel rates. That's the only reason I can speculate for those random three check-in dates.

I am not happy that both Port Orleans resorts are excluded. I booked Riverside hoping it was not excluded!!:worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter