2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or know more.. on the rumored information it states alcoholic drinks are excluded with the deal. Now I know with the plan this year with a meal a guest is able to get an alcoholic beverage if 21 or older. Do you think those with free dining will have some sort of exclusion on their plan? Not that this is a deal breaker. I was just thinking it would be nice to be able to have a drink paid for as well some nights :) I would think that would be hard for them to know off hand when just using credits.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or know more.. on the rumored information it states alcoholic drinks are excluded with the deal. Now I know with the plan this year with a meal a guest is able to get an alcoholic beverage if 21 or older. Do you think those with free dining will have some sort of exclusion on their plan? Not that this is a deal breaker. I was just thinking it would be nice to be able to have a drink paid for as well some nights :) I would think that would be hard for them to know off hand when just using credits.
I believe you are reading what was included in 2017. It’s there as a reference as many people ask what was/was not included in 2017.

2018 does include 1 alchoholuc beverage per meal.

That was for the 2017 FD offer. The 2018 offer will include alcohol, as the 2018 dining plans include it.

I believe you are reading what was included in 2017. It’s there as a reference as many people ask what was/was not included in 2017.

2018 does include 1 alchoholuc beverage per meal.

Thanks. I see that now. Late nights and too much waiting is getting it all jumbled in my head. I don't know why I am more anxious this year then last. Or maybe I just forget the trauma each year and put myself through it again. Thanks everyone here for always being so helpful on this.

Apologies if this isn't the best place, but can anyone elaborate on the past RO discounts? I know the range of rates, but it seems the exclusions aren't spelled out in the historical compiling. We're staying at POFQ in mid-September and I'm not expecting a discount (certainly not FD), but would be happy if it wasn't completely excluded. I realize there's no guarantee it will be included this year, but if it hasn't been excluded the past few years, maybe there's a chance!

Thanks!

Apologies if this isn't the best place, but can anyone elaborate on the past RO discounts? I know the range of rates, but it seems the exclusions aren't spelled out in the historical compiling. We're staying at POFQ in mid-September and I'm not expecting a discount (certainly not FD), but would be happy if it wasn't completely excluded. I realize there's no guarantee it will be included this year, but if it hasn't been excluded the past few years, maybe there's a chance!

Thanks!
Last year my mom got a UOC for a RO and POFQ was one of the choices available during that time frame. I don’t believe it was for the GP though. Not 100% sure though.

Yes! Last year my 6 year old decided he wanted to eat a grilled cheese at Ohana. If I paid $35 for that grilled cheese I would have flipped and shoved some shrimp down his throat! lol but it was “free”!

This!!! So much this. lol! Takes so much stress out of mealtime with little ones. Last sept both girls ate corn nuggets and mac n cheese at Tusker House. I could not justify paying over $200 for them to eat mac n cheese!!!! FD is the absolute best. It'll be a sad, sad day when they decide not to offer it anymore :sad:

Hi! I have a trip booked for our family of 5 from 11/24-12/1 at Carribean Beach, standard room. I’m hoping to change my reservation online as soon as Free Dining is announced. I have a few questions-

If a standard room is not part of the promotion at Carribean Beach, will Free dining not show up when I try to add a promotion under the “Change Your Reservation” button? Or will it show that if I change to a preferred room (or whatever type is allotted for free dining), I could receive that promotion? Does anyone have any experience knowing if a certain type of room is typically included at Carribean Beach?

Also, should I add the Quick Service Dining Plan now in order for the Free Dining promotion to show when I click to add a promotion? I'd like to upgrade to the Standard Dining Plan, but from what I read I can do that later.

Since I booked this trip before ticket prices went up, I’m hoping to not have to make a new reservation. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi! I have a trip booked for our family of 5 from 11/24-12/1 at Carribean Beach, standard room. I’m hoping to change my reservation online as soon as Free Dining is announced. I have a few questions-

If a standard room is not part of the promotion at Carribean Beach, will Free dining not show up when I try to add a promotion under the “Change Your Reservation” button? Or will it show that if I change to a preferred room (or whatever type is allotted for free dining), I could receive that promotion? Does anyone have any experience knowing if a certain type of room is typically included at Carribean Beach?

Also, should I add the Quick Service Dining Plan now in order for the Free Dining promotion to show when I click to add a promotion? I'd like to upgrade to the Standard Dining Plan, but from I what I read I can do that later.

Since I booked this trip before ticket prices went up, I’m hoping to not have to make a new reservation. Thanks so much for your help!
3 years ago I booked a standard at CBR the first day FD came out no problem. 2 years ago I put a preferred CBR in my cart the time FD dropped (no standard was available) and by the time I went to checkout nothing at CBR was available so I could only get Stnadard WL! I boooked that and kept checking. A few days later I was able to modify to preferred CBR, about a week after that I was able to modify again to standard CBR. So yes, it has been available but you may need to work for it! Pixie dust!

Also, should I add the Quick Service Dining Plan now in order for the Free Dining promotion to show when I click to add a promotion? I'd like to upgrade to the Standard Dining Plan, but from what I read I can do that later.

Well I have not personally selected this resort in the past, last year when I was browsing (already had a BB) only the pirate rooms were first available. After a couple weeks when things calmed down did I start to see preferred rooms available then even later I started to see standards.

Hypothetically there should should be a "change/modify reservation" button that you can click on when FD gets released that will allow you to then go and add FD, just so long as it your existing ressie matches requirements for FD promo to be added. I say hypothetically just in case something happens and that button isn't available on drop day. Otherwise you could make a brand new reservation to ensure that you get what you want then wait a couple days for lines to calm down and call in to cancel your other reservation that doesn't have FD.
I had the modify button last year, but it would not let me modify I had to go in and do whole new reservation. And I tried to modify right when the free dining dropped.

This!!! So much this. lol! Takes so much stress out of mealtime with little ones. Last sept both girls ate corn nuggets and mac n cheese at Tusker House. I could not justify paying over $200 for them to eat mac n cheese!!!! FD is the absolute best. It'll be a sad, sad day when they decide not to offer it anymore :sad:

Crystal Palace, 1999. DD was 6 at the time... she ate ONE piece of toast. This was before free dining. My sister had to walk me back from the edge... :scared1:

I had the modify button last year, but it would not let me modify I had to go in and do whole new reservation. And I tried to modify right when the free dining dropped.

THIS^^^ is why I say hypothetically!!! And also why I am more than willing to make a fresh start for FD, knowing my luck the modify button wouldn't even exist o_O

Unfortunately, your ticket prices will go up whether you modify your reservation to the FD promotion or you have to make a new reservation.

ETA:Replying to TammyE10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter