2018 Military Room Rates

ToothDoc4

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know when military rates for 2018 will be released? We have used the military room discount for several years, but have never been able book until the fall for the following year. (I think it was Sept last year). I have always made reservations myself, but this year we are traveling with another family and they have a TA they like to use. When they asked their TA about room rates last week, she said that military room rates would be released to TA's on July 6th. She said that TA's have access to the discounts 45-60 days before the general 'military' public. Is this true? Have I been doing this wrong all along! We've had a hard time booking our desired resort for our full stay with the military rates for the last several years. Maybe they've all been booked by TA's! Thanks for any info!

I don't have any idea about if military rates are given to TAs prior to the general public. My guess is no. The guy you need to ask is Steve over at MilitaryDisneyTips.com He knows people on the inside that actually negotiate the military deals every year. It's a yearly contract, and it's not guaranteed. The current promo called the Disney salute started in 2008 or 2009. We've just been very fortunate that they have continued to extend it each year since.

Does anyone know when military rates for 2018 will be released? We have used the military room discount for several years, but have never been able book until the fall for the following year. (I think it was Sept last year). I have always made reservations myself, but this year we are traveling with another family and they have a TA they like to use. When they asked their TA about room rates last week, she said that military room rates would be released to TA's on July 6th. She said that TA's have access to the discounts 45-60 days before the general 'military' public. Is this true? Have I been doing this wrong all along! We've had a hard time booking our desired resort for our full stay with the military rates for the last several years. Maybe they've all been booked by TA's! Thanks for any info!

I don't have any idea if TAs get access to military rates before the public. My guess is no. The guy to ask is Steve at Disneymilitarytips.com. He knows people on the inside that actually negotiate the deals. It's a yearly contract and is not guaranteed. The current promo called the Disney Salute started in 2008 or 2009. We have just been very fortunate that Disney has extended the deal every year since. Prior to that, Disney didn't have discounts for military on a consistent basis; hence why SOG exists.

Thanks for your reply, I did leave a comment for Steve at military tips. He is a great resource. We have been using the military discount for both tickets and rooms since 2009, so I thought I had it all down! We are very grateful Disney has continued to extend it! I thought maybe someone on here that may have booked with a TA, or was one, would have an idea about how the discounts were released. I love that SOG is an option, but we honestly never find a rate there that's better for us than a Disney resort, especially since there is no ME from the airport included! Thanks again

TAs do not get this in advance. I have worked with an awesome TA for the last several years and she gets the rates once they are announced. As mentioned above Steve is the best source around for all things military Disney. Last year room rates and tickets were announced without prior notice. So keep checking!

The 2017 Military rates were not released until September of last year.

Hopefully, they will renew again and I am expecting the same timeframe.

There are rumors out there that they may be released in July for 2018! I asked Steve at military tips and he said the same thing, so keep an eye out if you're looking to book for 2018!

There are rumors out there that they may be released in July for 2018! I asked Steve at military tips and he said the same thing, so keep an eye out if you're looking to book for 2018!

I just read that today as well! I will keep my fingers crossed! It will be nice to have next years' trip booked before we go on our trip this August. :)

It would be wonderful if they come out soon (in the next week!) We are going for Marathon weekend in early January and my ADR date is July 7. We currently have a rack rate Fort Wilderness cabin booked, but depending on what we can get with a military discount we might want to switch to Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge....and that might influence what kind of ADRs I'd want.

Hello, we're waiting for military rates 2018 as well.
In the mean time, we have a military rate reservation at All Star Sports for October 11-17 of this year (2017). I'll be canceling this reservation of Monday, August 28th. I wasn't sure where to put this information, so if there is a better place please let me know. If you or another military family is interested, please inbox me before Monday so I can let you know right before I cancel...not sure if the reservation can be transferred or not? We didn't make any Fast Passes.

Also waiting for the Military rates to come out.... I had heard rumors they might not have one... :scared: lets hope that is not the case!!!!! :genie:pixiedust:

Also waiting for the Military rates to come out.... I had heard rumors they might not have one... :scared: lets hope that is not the case!!!!! :genie:pixiedust:

Oh no!!! Where did you hear that? That would be so sad!

We booked a bounceback before we left yesterday for next year, just in case!!

On facebook so you know it must be true??? :rolleyes: I hope not!!! I think there is a new guy over the military discounts and he is not commuticating with Military Steve like the other guy did, that's what my TA told me... Hopefully there is still one announced soon....:worship:

I knew it. My Mom and I had to cancel in October due to health problems & rescheduled for February. I hope it's not true.

Edit to add: When I made my reservations w/a CM on the phone a couple weeks ago she did say *if* it comes back out, but then she kind of made it sound like I should call right after it came out to make sure I get the room I wanted. Sorry for being negative. There are rumors every year if it will come back or not. *Fingers crossed*

Last edited:
I was doing all sorts of Disney math for our trip next August. We are currently booked with free dining at BWI on a BB discount. No matter how I look at it, free dining is going to be best for our family of 5 over the military discount. Crazy!

I'm awaiting the military discount for 2018 as well, hoping it comes out soon! I did some Disney math while we were at WDW earlier this month and for our family of 3 staying at a deluxe resort the BB offer (free dining) and the military room only discount, worked out to only be a difference of $5. It works better for our family to do the military discount, discounted tickets (or possible annual passes which is a huge wish of mine) and then pay full price for dining, but doing the math can be different for every family I'm sure!

I'm awaiting the military discount for 2018 as well, hoping it comes out soon! I did some Disney math while we were at WDW earlier this month and for our family of 3 staying at a deluxe resort the BB offer (free dining) and the military room only discount, worked out to only be a difference of $5. It works better for our family to do the military discount, discounted tickets (or possible annual passes which is a huge wish of mine) and then pay full price for dining, but doing the math can be different for every family I'm sure!

We were the same for a long time. The military discount always worked out up to when we were a family of four, but having just come back as a family of five and feeding everyone....geeeesh! It's $1200 cheaper to go with free dining for us when all is said and done. Soooo, free dining it is for us next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter