2018 Military Room Rates

We booked a split stay yesterday around 5 am Pacific, and I would have to agree with others experience. The % were not as previous years. Our Deluxe were not at 40% discount, and I mentioned it and all that was said was that was what the computer amount given was per night after the military discount. Will be interesting to see what more solid answers are to it. I can see Disney working on weening off of large discounted groups like the military from a financial perspective. Generally it starts with slow increases, and then it shifts to areas that are more noticeable like we are seeing with resort % etc. Either way, we are excited to be going as it has been a few years and DH is newly retired so we don't have to go when the military tells him he can, just have to book off my PTO :)

We booked a split stay for July 2018.

We did get 40% off at Contemporary (Tower Club Level-Standard View)

We got 35% off at Beach Club (Deluxe Room-Club Level)

I'm happy with the rates we got.

Looks like the most expensive room got the rates which is not a discount in my book. But I did finally get a standard room at Beach Club.. but not at 40% I need to figure out what I actually got Its either 35% or 30%.:guilty: But yeah I'm going to Disneyworld...:yay:

I called today asking about dates late September 2018 and things were extremely limited, I checked Poly (no availabity), Contemporary (club level bay lake available), Grand Floridian (standard view available), Boardwalk Inn (no availabilty), Yacht Club (lagoon view Club level; and standard view available). I ended up not booking anything at this point because what I really wanted (theme park view) wasn't available at any resort, but I will keep checking back. I was told the availability was limited this year and my choices were severely limited because we need a HA room with a roll-in shower. Doesn't hurt to keep checking though!
That's funny because the dates I checked they only had club level or theme park view!

That's funny because the dates I checked they only had club level or theme park view!

That is funny what dates did you check? What resort/views were you looking for? I let them know my dates are very flexible but they still very little available. I've already called 3 separate times about it, but I'm going to keep calling cause I'm hopeful something will eventually show up! I so wish we could get by without the HA room because I'm almost sure that would open up a lot more availabity, but life is what it is and that's just not something we can do without especially on a longer trip.

That is funny what dates did you check? What resort/views were you looking for? I let them know my dates are very flexible but they still very little available. I've already called 3 separate times about it, but I'm going to keep calling cause I'm hopeful something will eventually show up! I so wish we could get by without the HA room because I'm almost sure that would open up a lot more availabity, but life is what it is and that's just not something we can do without especially on a longer trip.
February 21-25th, all they had was either club level or theme park at most resorts like beach club, poly and gF, I wished but it was outside my budget

February 21-25th, all they had was either club level or theme park at most resorts like beach club, poly and gF, I wished but it was outside my budget

Oh okay, I called about the dates of 13-27 September, but I am flexible a week ahead or behind that date and still couldn't get what I wanted. It's funny availibity is so different from month to month, keep trying I hope you can get the type of room you want for your dates!

Oh okay, I called about the dates of 13-27 September, but I am flexible a week ahead or behind that date and still couldn't get what I wanted. It's funny availibity is so different from month to month, keep trying I hope you can get the type of room you want for your dates!
THANKS YOU TOO! they change daily for sure!

If you're looking for more than 4-6 or so nights at a time that can make a difference, too. We're planning a trip of 10 days, and in order to get the military discount I needed to book a split stay. Different resorts, both reservations are at 35% off.

Yeah I figured since we are looking for 14 nights that's going to be hard to come by with the discount, we don't like split stays (once I'm settled in, I don't want to pack up and move until I'm ready to go home), so that is one reason why we are extremely flexible on our dates to try to give us the best chance of getting a room!

I'm trying to book two rooms for next year with the military rate, but the travel agent said that there must be a person with a military ID in each room. Is that true? It worked just fine in 2016.

Received an email back from guest communications and this is what I was told.

“Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. Your email has been received by the appropriate department and researched. The Military discount can be different depending on which resort is booked, not necessarily the tier of resort booked (Value, Moderate and Deluxe).“

I'm trying to book two rooms for next year with the military rate, but the travel agent said that there must be a person with a military ID in each room. Is that true? It worked just fine in 2016.
We’ve used the military discount for the last five years. I just booked two rooms with the military discount for 2018 with no problem. You can reserve up to three rooms at a time. The military member must stay in one of them. Steve at Military Disney Tips has all the info on military discounts.

No, that is not true. In 2015, we booked 2 rooms (one for us and one for DH cousin & family) and they are not military. The only caveat was that they had to be arriving at the same time.

I guess I am late to the party and may have missed my opportunity to book WL for early Dec 2018. Gave the CM a 3 week range of post Thanksgiving to mid December and offered to split stay. She could not find anything at WL. I did book BW for 7 nights.

Has anyone been able to book WL during that timeframe? My guess is that if they do offer rooms with the Salute discount....there are very few for that window.

I guess I am late to the party and may have missed my opportunity to book WL for early Dec 2018. Gave the CM a 3 week range of post Thanksgiving to mid December and offered to split stay. She could not find anything at WL. I did book BW for 7 nights.

Has anyone been able to book WL during that timeframe? My guess is that if they do offer rooms with the Salute discount....there are very few for that window.
It could be all military rates rooms are gone. Since they now have DVC’S
and the hotel has less rooms available.
All DVC’S are on the “south side” of the U. Gift shop side. Hopes this helps out.
Please read this
http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/

November 2018 will be my 4th year in a row running W&D. It's the first year I can get nothing with my military discount a year out. I have been trying since I got back from W&D this year. Today she told me AKL, but it's rack rate. (These cast members must think I was born yesterday...I do have internet at my house...) BFF who runs with me doesn't want to do Shades so I guess I'll book room+dining at French Quarter for the same price I paid for Boardwalk this year. Ugh.

Where are you guys getting your information for which resorts are discounted for what percentage?

Where are you guys getting your information for which resorts are discounted for what percentage?
The actual rates aren't listed anywhere that I know of.
I look up a resort, choose dates, make sure not to include tickets and then I have the rack rate including tax.
Then I calculate the possible discount at 35%, 30% and so on and note the answers.
When I call and request the mil rate I can see by my calculations what the % off for a specific resort/dates actually will be (if offered.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter