My Universal Photo Packages

I checked
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/my-universal-photo/index.html

This might answer your question as it does have prices listed to buy additional pictures.
  • Discounts on My Universal Photos photo gift products both in-park and online
  • One free 5x7 print in a folder
  • One free 4x6 print valid in-park or online
  • $5.00 5x7 or $10.00 8x10 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations
  • $2.00 4x6 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations

I checked
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/my-universal-photo/index.html

This might answer your question as it does have prices listed to buy additional pictures.
  • Discounts on My Universal Photos photo gift products both in-park and online
  • One free 5x7 print in a folder
  • One free 4x6 print valid in-park or online
  • $5.00 5x7 or $10.00 8x10 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations
  • $2.00 4x6 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations

Thanks, must have missed that somehow...

I had to click on another link to get to that page you see above

Many times peeps don’t know more info will show up

Do check the sites on occasion as it gets updated

When one special ends, at times another special replaces it

This place is awesome. I just purchased the summer deal for my trip in 14 days. YAY 14 days!!

Where do you go to activate the emailed bar code inside the parks?

From the link in the sticky...

To redeem after purchasing online, bring your confirmation email to a will-call window at the front gate or one of the My Universal Photos™ locations at either theme park to receive your My Universal Photos™ Package.

How does their photo package work? You don't have Magic Bands like WDW, so do they give you a bar code card that gets scanned? What about on-ride photos?

When I did it, I got a card photo connect (or something like that was the heading on it).
It is the size of a credit card.

The bar code is scanned on it when you give it to the photographer

You can go to the photo stand and go over the pictures and add things to it.
I did that on my last day in the park.

There are a few threads where peeps have shown their pictures with the added backgrounds.

How does their photo package work? You don't have Magic Bands like WDW, so do they give you a bar code card that gets scanned? What about on-ride photos?

Do read the first page of this sticky as it will help guide you.

Orlando Informer has a very good section explaining the UO photo program.

Check out their site for additional help.

For on ride photos, I always just asked the person at the photo counter after and they added my picture to the card. There typically is no line, or just one person in front of you. I did not find out til after that they can also edit your photo at that counter.

Supposedly you can add your picture at the automated kiosks also but I never felt the need to try.

Just to confirm I’m understanding the package correctly, I just have to activate it once for our multi-day stay and I use the same photo card for all days, correct? I don’t have to get a new card and re-activate each day?

You can definitely collect your ride photos on a temporary card and add them to your PhotoConnect account later after you’ve activated your package.
I’m interested in activating it later in the day as well but can you clarify what you mean with “temporary card”? I guess I assumed each photographer/ride would give you a separate card? Or is that what you mean and you just collect them all prior to activating the package?

I’m interested in activating it later in the day as well but can you clarify what you mean with “temporary card”? I guess I assumed each photographer/ride would give you a separate card? Or is that what you mean and you just collect them all prior to activating the package?

I believe you can get a temporary card from the photographer at the entrance of the park. You should be able to give that same card to an other photographers or ride photo operators. Then before you leave the park on your first day, stop by the photo store at the front of the park. Then you can activate your photo pass package. The employee can then use your temporary card to add your photos to your package. Then you will receive a permanent card to use on you remaining Universal days. On your last day go back to the photo store & select which photos you want printed.

I know Defotos is on the right side as you enter IOA. I can’t remember the name of the photo store in US. From what I have read, VB has some ride photos and a few photo towers around the park.

CoachZ is dead on. You can reuse the card each day, or get a new one. The cards that the photographers have are the same as the ones at the stores or rides. The photographers take a photo of the code on the card to set their camera to your account.

CoachZ said:
From what I have read, VB has some ride photos and a few photo towers around the park.
This is correct. They link your photo card to the TapuTapu so you don't have to carry the card. It takes on-ride photos of a few rides automatically.

And there you have it !

What the two posters said, is the way it can be done

Looks like the sale is over now.

But I bought it a few weeks ago and successfully used it last week! Lots of great ride photos. I also learned you can ask at the counter to zoom in on your family and for some rides they even have a collage -- the full ride vehicle and your zoomed in photo all in the same "template". Did that at Mummy and Jurassic Park.

i would have been quite disappointed at full price. But for the sale price I'm happy.

They will do more sales this year as they have in the past to build up business

deleted

I had my dates confused. I'll be activating at IOA. I understand how that works.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there will be anymore photo package sales? And are you required to stop and get photos added or does it do it automatically like at Disney?

Photo packages come up frequently at different times

Just keep an eye out for them

Usually we update the photo package sticky so many that read it will know early

Roving photographers, or meet and greet photographers, will take a pic of the QR code on your photo pass card. Then the pics are automatically added. For the automated photo spots (like the Delorean), you scan your card and it gives you a countdown before taking the pic, which will be added to your account immediately. For ride photos, you need to go to the counter or the kiosks after the ride for them to scan your card and add the pic to your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!