2018 Pre-trip package

We received our box for our June 13th trip last week and the box for our June 27th trip this week. It always makes me super excited to go! So much to do...

Thanks! Looking forward to it! I've hear all good things. I'm hoping we get Dusty and James for our trip. What is your next ABD trip?

Dusty said on FB that he was opening up NYC FROZEN and then him and James would be on the Magic all summer.

Oh how fun! Who knows why. I'm still hoping they decide to sell merchandise online again. Sure, this the link to the store I went to on Etsy. I just sent her a PM and asked if she could do a custom one for me that said Adventures by Disney.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/234886197/disney-toy-story-themed-vacation

Can I safely assume that as a family of 5 with 2 rooms/reservations, we will get 2 boxes?
We did, boxes arrived today.
Will say that we are doing Danube River trip and they also included a collapsible duffel bag.

We did, boxes arrived today.
Will say that we are doing Danube River trip and they also included a collapsible duffel bag.

The duffel bags are included on all of the trips. However, the river cruise guests will be receiving them beforehand and the land based guests will get them while on the trip. I imagine this makes it easier for ABD logistically. The river cruise will likely have 100+ guests and the land based ones have far less. They come in handy for packing souvenirs! You're going love the Danube river cruise. DH and I were just talking about how we would not mind doing that one again!

The duffel bags are included on all of the trips. However, the river cruise guests will be receiving them beforehand and the land based guests will get them while on the trip. I imagine this makes it easier for ABD logistically. The river cruise will likely have 100+ guests and the land based ones have far less. They come in handy for packing souvenirs! You're going love the Danube river cruise. DH and I were just talking about how we would not mind doing that one again!
This is great to hear about the duffel bags. Would love to see a photo of one of those too. With two rooms on our Rhine cruise, the girls will be fighting over all the bags, so maybe I will get one for me!

Ok i hate to complain, but how many cosmetic bags and random little bags can one person use? It's literally all the exact same stuff as last year with uglier colors. Can't they do like DCL and at least modify the gifts a bit based on how many trips you have taken or at least change them year to year? I would honestly prefer to get nothing than try to find some random use for a sixth cosmetic bag. Or what about sending something kids might actually get excited about? My kids were so excited to open the boxes but a luggage tag was a bit of a let down.

Ok i hate to complain, but how many cosmetic bags and random little bags can one person use? It's literally all the exact same stuff as last year with uglier colors. Can't they do like DCL and at least modify the gifts a bit based on how many trips you have taken or at least change them year to year? I would honestly prefer to get nothing than try to find some random use for a sixth cosmetic bag. Or what about sending something kids might actually get excited about? My kids were so excited to open the boxes but a luggage tag was a bit of a let down.
So as it is our first, not as much of an issue, though my wife thought the colors were a bit dull too. Frankly, I think that with they brown they are trying to go with an 'elegant' look, though I don't know if I agree that they got there.

I think my kids were excited too, but like with you they will eventually see these as bags that end up holding a collection of 'stuff' that they easily forget.

On a related note, I think it would be a great money maker for them to start selling some ABD branded stuff online. Some shirts, hats, etc. Easy money for them, and I bet most of us agree that we would gobble it up like candy, right?

Couldn't agree more! How about a hat or umbrella or something useful? I remember the good ole days with backpacks :(

Couldn't agree more! How about a hat or umbrella or something useful? I remember the good ole days with backpacks :(
Although I joked for a *long* time about the gift I got in 2008, which was an extremely heavy messenger bag that I would never use let alone carry on a trip. :) A backpack would have been way more welcome!

Sayhello

I still use my backpack from 2010 on a fairly frequent basis. Love it! I've been so disappointed with the bags since then.

Oh, and I also use my ABD luggage strap on almost every trip I take!

I do have a DCL umbrella that was a CC gift. That one has come in handy too! But DCL has also gotten far more generic in their CC gifts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts