2018 Price Increases

So 3, 4 and 5 day tickets are the hardest hit. 1 day tickets only go up by 3 dollars, and 2 day tickets only go up by 5 dollars per day. 4 day tickets, the price goes up by 12.50 every single day. Great... Seems like it would decrease the incentive to stay longer. The worst thing on here to me is the jump from 2 days to 3 days. It goes from 209 to 325. That makes zero sense. That's $115 to add the 3rd day, when it only costs $87 to add the 2nd day. You could almost just buy another 1 day ticket for the cost of the 3rd day.

So 3, 4 and 5 day tickets are the hardest hit. 1 day tickets only go up by 3 dollars, and 2 day tickets only go up by 5 dollars per day. 4 day tickets, the price goes up by 12.50 every single day. Great... Seems like it would decrease the incentive to stay longer. The worst thing on here to me is the jump from 2 days to 3 days. It goes from 209 to 325. That makes zero sense. That's $115 to add the 3rd day, when it only costs $87 to add the 2nd day. You could almost just buy another 1 day ticket for the cost of the 3rd day.

Good point.

If you planned to go during value season, you could do the 2 day pass for $209, and then buy a 1 day AK/HS/EP ticket at $102 and actually come out ahead at $311 vs $325.

I need to figure out a way to ignore posts like this until the next time I go. Cuz there's no way that I could handle an increase of $45 (5-day park hopper value season) year over year until the next time I go (which should be for the 50th or after the 50th). Obviously not every year will be that but I have to imagine that with Star Wars AND the 50th that the larger price increases vs smaller ones are going to keep coming...

We have a trip in December and I'm wondering if it's worth buying the tickets now, even though we aren't ready to book the rooms/package. Does a double digit increase on some tickets mean some SINGLE day tickets, and every added day is also more expensive?

I don't know if that wording makes sense. But say the increase is $10. Does that mean the 1 day price goes from 99 to 109 and a 7 day park hopper goes from 485 to 495? Or would each added day see a slight bump too, so a 7 day PH could end up going up by 20 or 30 dollars instead of 10?

The answer to "is it worth it" is "it depends". Sometimes Disney has package discounts with dining that you can only get if include the tickets. This includes the infamous "free dining" packages. I have no idea whether you are thinking of trying to get a package, but you would in that case not want to pre-buy.

As far as how much it will go up, well we already know that now right? What's interesting is that that it shows:
Four day $350 -> $400
Five day $370 -> $415
So if you look at the previous prices, after four days - each step was previously $20 a day (5 day $370, 6 day $390, 7 day $410, 8 day $430)
But the step from 4 to 5 days dropped to only $15. So you would expect 5 day $415, 6 day $430, 7 day $445, 8 day $460.

So this would say the 3 and 4 day passes are taking the worst hit.

The answer to "is it worth it" is "it depends". Sometimes Disney has package discounts with dining that you can only get if include the tickets. This includes the infamous "free dining" packages. I have no idea whether you are thinking of trying to get a package, but you would in that case not want to pre-buy.

As far as how much it will go up, well we already know that now right? What's interesting is that that it shows:
Four day $350 -> $400
Five day $370 -> $415
So if you look at the previous prices, after four days - each step was previously $20 a day (5 day $370, 6 day $390, 7 day $410, 8 day $430)
But the step from 4 to 5 days dropped to only $15. So you would expect 5 day $415, 6 day $430, 7 day $445, 8 day $460.

That's a good point I hadn't considered. We could go ahead and book a package and apply and try to apply any discounts after they are released and we'd still get the lower ticket prices locked in with our current package. But some of us won't be going to the parks every day, so we don't all need the same number of tickets... I'm thinking that is impossible with a package.

Last edited:

They must have a lot of data that shows that people either only go for a day or two or 4 or more or something ...

I need to figure out a way to ignore posts like this until the next time I go. Cuz there's no way that I could handle an increase of $45 (5-day park hopper value season) year over year until the next time I go (which should be for the 50th or after the 50th). Obviously not every year will be that but I have to imagine that with Star Wars AND the 50th that the larger price increases vs smaller ones are going to keep coming...

yeah, though if you don't look at the individual yearly increase the price form 2017 to 2021 is going to look like a 150% increase or something

Four day $350 -> $400
Five day $370 -> $415

Just to clarify, after 7 days, each additional day is only $10 (8 days $420, 9 days $430, 10 days $440)

And another $50 for the 50th... This is the other side of the investment in the parks and the need for the parks to carry the revenue. That being said, prices went up when it seemed like there was no investment, so at least you are getting something for that investment now.

True, but good luck getting on those rides without your CL room and 90 day paid FP option (I kid.....sort of)

Those price increases and not knowing how upgrades will work mean I'll just buy the ap now and look at it was a $50 savings which is prob about or more than if I'd upgraded from ut or wherever tickets. Glad my tax return will be deposited tomorrow ☺

yeah, though if you don't look at the individual yearly increase the price form 2017 to 2021 is going to look like a 150% increase or something
True true..but it wasn't that large of an increase from 2011-2015 (we bought our Sep 2017 trip tickets in Feb 2016 at the 2015 prices). That's more of what I'm meaning. The price increases seem to be at a larger amount than before. For me personally if I looked each year I'll drive myself crazy instead of looking at the price when I'm ready for a trip (and hopefully I can plan ahead like I did for this last trip and get them early enough to minimize the price increase). It could just be me and how I think about it lol.

I'll say this - happy I bought our APs with the DVC deal last year, and that I was able to also buy a 7-day ticket for DDs friend that we are bringing this summer, because with the $40 I already saved on the 7-day for 5-day ticket, plus the increase, looks like that'll be close to a $90 savings.

It astounds me that they are able to increase the prices the way they do and yet more and more people come. I keep thinking that they are really going to suffer a LOT the next time there is a severe economic downturn.

I hate to be the negative Nancy, because I don't like price increases either and definitely have to budget to afford my trips, but the flipside of this is that until they eventually price some people out, the crowded-all-the-time feeling that seems to have become the norm here lately won't ever let up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!