2018 Princess Half Marathon

so i know its too late to sign up for the glass slipper challenge but i did email all the travel agents and have been looking at the charities. im always late to the game. hahaha

Hope everyone in Florida is safe and sound after Irma!

Yes, I am! Very excited too. I did one of the training runs two weeks ago since it's my first time. Looking forward to it! I'll be at the superhero 5k the next weekend too.

It's such a fun race with great neighborhood support. But yes, the hills are a bit killer. I find the key is not to go too fast on the giant downhill in mile 1. Good luck to you. Here's hoping we both get an awesome PoT!

I have an ankle/foot orthopedist appt Monday. Finally letting someone look at my ankles. My guess is that I have fluid filled cysts in the outside of my ankles. That I've been ignoring for 10 years. If so and if they can just drain them I'll be so happy.

Then after that we can look into the weakness on my right ankle.

And after that, my left knee.

Wish me luck. I'd like to be able to run again. Hopefully in time to train for the challenge in February!

I have an ankle/foot orthopedist appt Monday. Finally letting someone look at my ankles. My guess is that I have fluid filled cysts in the outside of my ankles. That I've been ignoring for 10 years. If so and if they can just drain them I'll be so happy.

Then after that we can look into the weakness on my right ankle.

And after that, my left knee.

Wish me luck. I'd like to be able to run again. Hopefully in time to train for the challenge in February!
Good luck and lots of pixie dust heading your way!!

So I'm starting to second guess my ADRs and specifically where to eat the night before the race. I think we'll be in AK that day but was going to go over to Epcot for dinner. First, i booked Rose and Crown. Then Yak & Yeti to stay in AK. Now I'm second guessing both of those and I'm considering Tusker House or going back to Epcot for Teppan Edo. We added the dining plan so of course, I want to get the best value out of it. Should I just stay in AK? I'm sure there are plenty of options at Tusker House for a pre-race meal... Any suggestions?

So I'm starting to second guess my ADRs and specifically where to eat the night before the race. I think we'll be in AK that day but was going to go over to Epcot for dinner. First, i booked Rose and Crown. Then Yak & Yeti to stay in AK. Now I'm second guessing both of those and I'm considering Tusker House or going back to Epcot for Teppan Edo. We added the dining plan so of course, I want to get the best value out of it. Should I just stay in AK? I'm sure there are plenty of options at Tusker House for a pre-race meal... Any suggestions?

What do you usually eat the night before a long run?

For me - I don't like anything fried or spicy or heavily sauced, so of the places you mentioned (Rose & Crown, Yak & Yeti, Tusker House and Teppan Edo), I'd probably go with Teppan Edo first - no question - and then maybe Yak & Yeti second and only eat potstickers or one of the Lo Mein noodle dishes with dialed back spices.

Tusker House would be out for me because I don't do buffets during a race weekend, and Rose & Crown last because the menu is not my favorite at all.

Ran my PoT race today and I'm not too thrilled with how I did. It was much hotter and more humid than I expected. I'll probably be looking to squeeze in a different race at the end of October. Just wondering though- if I predict a time that is faster than what my proof of time suggests do they move you back or go with your prediction?

Ran my PoT race today and I'm not too thrilled with how I did. It was much hotter and more humid than I expected. I'll probably be looking to squeeze in a different race at the end of October. Just wondering though- if I predict a time that is faster than what my proof of time suggests do they move you back or go with your prediction?

It was super humid out there today! Sorry, to hear you didn't have a great race. I killed it, despite the humidity I ran my best 10k so far so that'll be my POT. Your predicted time should match your POT. So I ran the 10k in 1 hour 9 minutes so I'm going to predict 2 hours 30 for the 1/2.

Last edited:
What do you usually eat the night before a long run?

For me - I don't like anything fried or spicy or heavily sauced, so of the places you mentioned (Rose & Crown, Yak & Yeti, Tusker House and Teppan Edo), I'd probably go with Teppan Edo first - no question - and then maybe Yak & Yeti second and only eat potstickers or one of the Lo Mein noodle dishes with dialed back spices.

Tusker House would be out for me because I don't do buffets during a race weekend, and Rose & Crown last because the menu is not my favorite at all.

That's my problem, I've never done a run longer than 6.5 miles and I don't eat anything special the night before. I think I might just go with Tsuker house since they have salads, carved meat, and veggies which is basically what I eat on a regular night anyway. I guess I can always see how I do during my training and go from there if I need to make adjustments.

Just wondering though- if I predict a time that is faster than what my proof of time suggests do they move you back or go with your prediction?

First, you only need a POT if your Half estimate is 2 hours 45 minutes or faster. If your estimate is not that speedy don't worry about it.

If your estimate requires POT but you don't get a POT that matches your estimate, change your estimate. They will NOT go with your estimate if your submitted POT is slower and they will likely throw you into the last corral. So when you submit through active.com, go in and also change your estimate.

That's my problem, I've never done a run longer than 6.5 miles and I don't eat anything special the night before. I think I might just go with Tsuker house since they have salads, carved meat, and veggies which is basically what I eat on a regular night anyway. I guess I can always see how I do during my training and go from there if I need to make adjustments.

I already knew that my stomach was sensitive by 6 miles. If yours isn't yet, you stand a chance of just not having a troublesome digestive system.

Hi, I ran a 10K this weekend and was hoping to enter it as my Pot . Sadly do to injury it was slower than I was hoping and I came in at 1:20:05 . Is it worth entering ? or should I take my chances and not enter a time. Thanks for your help !

Hi, I ran a 10K this weekend and was hoping to enter it as my Pot . Sadly do to injury it was slower than I was hoping and I came in at 1:20:05 . Is it worth entering ? or should I take my chances and not enter a time. Thanks for your help !

According to McMillan, that equates to a 2:58:32.

I'm crowd-sourcing on Facebook for people not submitting times and where they are corralled in races that have = corrals (Marathon Weekend and Princess Weekend are the two that utilize them the most), and so far it seems that most people that submit no time are placed higher than people that submit PoT that is even just seconds over the PoT threshold.

That is interesting.. Thanks so much.
I have been checking out the McMillan Calculator , but when I looked it gave me a half time of 2:48:57 . Shoot have I been looking at the wrong one ?

Last edited:
According to McMillan, that equates to a 2:58:32.

I'm crowd-sourcing on Facebook for people not submitting times and where they are corralled in races that have = corrals (Marathon Weekend and Princess Weekend are the two that utilize them the most), and so far it seems that most people that submit no time are placed higher than people that submit PoT that is even just seconds over the PoT threshold.

If you care to add my data into the mix... I've gone without PoT for a couple years now: I enter the fastest time possible without the PoT requirement. Corral placements:
2016 Marathon - J
2016 DS Challenge - G
2016 W&D challenge - G
2017 Dopey - K
2017 DS Challenge - F

Could I get a sightly better corral with PoT? Yep. But I hate racing for time and have decided it's not worth it for a little bump in corrals!

If you care to add my data into the mix... I've gone without PoT for a couple years now: I enter the fastest time possible without the PoT requirement. Corral placements:
2016 Marathon - J
2016 DS Challenge - G
2016 W&D challenge - G
2017 Dopey - K
2017 DS Challenge - F

Could I get a sightly better corral with PoT? Yep. But I hate racing for time and have decided it's not worth it for a little bump in corrals!
So do you just enter an estimated finish time above 2:45 ?

That's what I have done.

And if I recall correctly there were something like three corrals all with the 2:50 time this year. Which is cool (that they didn't mush us all together)and frustrating at the same time.

Sitting here at the ankle/foot orthopedist waiting to see him...

The actual time has varied over the years as rD has tweaked how it does things, but yes - the fastest estimated finish range that does not require PoT. Caveat: because that's what I actually run. I do not endorse entering that time if one knows he/she is going to be slower. I stick to my motto that the "best" corral is the one that matches your speed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter