2018 Princess Half Marathon

Week three training complete with a very cold 5 miler today. How is everyone doing with their training?

Haven't ran since Tuesday. I got the worst URI after I got home from Wine and Dine and spent the last few days on the couch. Going to get cleared by my MD tomorrow to workout again since I ended up in the ER dehydrated (I'm fine!) from my cold.

I did 5 miles yesterday. Did a new trail with lots of hills o_O. I was very cautious due to healing PTT and shin splint. Aches a little but I wear calf sleeves and socks with good arch support and good running shoes with inserts. It makes the world of a difference!!!

Haven't ran since Tuesday. I got the worst URI after I got home from Wine and Dine and spent the last few days on the couch. Going to get cleared by my MD tomorrow to workout again since I ended up in the ER dehydrated (I'm fine!) from my cold.

Both my husband and I got horrible head colds during W&D weekend, so I feel your pain! I still have a bit of a runny nose and a hacking cough, but I'm hoping to get back out tomorrow morning for 3-4 miles. I don't officially start training for PHM until the 27th, though, so it'll just be an easy run.

I've got some kind of foot issue - thinking Morton's neuroma - going on that I need to figure out. Anytime I run over 3 miles I have to stop periodically and wiggle my toes because it hurts too bad. Ugh. I never follow a plan for princess, just try to get in a few 10-12 mile runs closer to the race. I don't seem to be very good about following a training plan unless I'm training for a marathon for some reason! I've done lots of 6 mile runs in the last few weeks and will hopefully increase that if I can get my toes to feel better!

Yuck! Glad you are feeling better.

I did 5 miles yesterday. Did a new trail with lots of hills o_O. I was very cautious due to healing PTT and shin splint. Aches a little but I wear calf sleeves and socks with good arch support and good running shoes with inserts. It makes the world of a difference!!!

My 5 miler was really hilly yesterday too. It makes running the nice flat Fl courses so much easier!

Both my husband and I got horrible head colds during W&D weekend, so I feel your pain! I still have a bit of a runny nose and a hacking cough, but I'm hoping to get back out tomorrow morning for 3-4 miles. I don't officially start training for PHM until the 27th, though, so it'll just be an easy run.

Running with a cough is not fun. :-(

I've got some kind of foot issue - thinking Morton's neuroma - going on that I need to figure out. Anytime I run over 3 miles I have to stop periodically and wiggle my toes because it hurts too bad. Ugh. I never follow a plan for princess, just try to get in a few 10-12 mile runs closer to the race. I don't seem to be very good about following a training plan unless I'm training for a marathon for some reason! I've done lots of 6 mile runs in the last few weeks and will hopefully increase that if I can get my toes to feel better!

I have had trouble with Morton's neuroma too. My left toe goes numb and sore. I have to be careful how I cross train because that seems to aggravate it. For some reason making sure I do a good foam rolling on my IT band helps too.

Did a 10k this weekend to try and get a better time to submit. It was my last chance because all three (yes, all three) of the other races I scheduled in hopes of getting a good time submission were cancelled due to thunderstorms. Anyway, a day or two before the race, a tree fell on the trail so they had to redo the path. We ended up going over 6.2 miles AND the last .3 was all up a rather aggressive hill. Who does that? Anyway, I managed to get it done under the time I was hoping for. Got that submitted and now it feels even more real that I will finally be doing my first runDisney event and it will be the race I have wanted to do for years! So pumped. Now to decide whether to go with Snow White or Aurora for a costume...

I have Morton's neuroma. The only thing that works for me is a ball of the foot cushion. I usually get them on Amazon. Just make sure you place it correctly. It should be more in the arch of your foot so it helps spread your toes when you run. Also, try wide width shoes if you don't already.

I ran a 4 miler last week and felt great, tried to do the same yesterday and was aching the whole time for the 3 that I accomplished. In southern Louisiana, we keep getting cold fronts then warming back up. I never know what kind of running weather I'll have week to week. I have a 10K the first weekend of December so I need to be up to a comfortable 6 by end of this month.

Well, I did a half marathon Saturday in 2:58. I was disappointed I couldn’t hit the cut off. Oh well. It was a great race with a ton of support along the way. Aid stations every 2 miles. Is that the same as the PHM?

Week three training complete with a very cold 5 miler today. How is everyone doing with their training?
SO THIS IS TOTALLY NOT PRINCESS RELATED BUT I LOVE YOUR CAKES!!!! Do you somehow ship them :) (A girl can wish, right?)??? They are GORGEOUS

SO THIS IS TOTALLY NOT PRINCESS RELATED BUT I LOVE YOUR CAKES!!!! Do you somehow ship them :) (A girl can wish, right?)??? They are GORGEOUS

Thank you! I don't make cakes professionally, just as a hobby. The ones in my profile were all for family or friends. :-)

I'm on track with my training--ran 5 miles last Saturday. I play indoor soccer every Tuesday night so I've been doing that, one short run and one long run every week. Hopefully trading soccer for one of my short runs doesn't mess up my training!

Headed for 5 miles this afternoon! This will be my longest run since having a baby (or really since getting into my second trimester) so this is a big deal for me! I'm in MD and its going to be almost 60 today so it'll be a hot one. I like running in the cold!

Have been kind of slacking on my training but ran 5 miles last Friday and then 2.5 twice this week so hopefully I'll get back on track and do 6 Sunday. I hate running in anything less than ideal conditions but I live in MA so I think I'll have to get over that! Yesterday I procrastinate running so much that it was about to get dark and I was telecommuting so I ran 5 .5 mile loops around my neighborhood so I'd be semi-close to my computer and it was torture so hopefully that will be what I need to get going. My snow white costume is coming along nicely, just have to attempt to make a running skirt now.

I had a really good week last week, just over 24 miles, but I haven't run at all this week. Our cat has been in decline for the past few days and we had to put her down this morning. I know I'll feel better if I go out and run but the motivation just isn't there. :sad1:

Ran 5 miles in under an hour which I'm happy about! Hoping to get in a 10k during Thanksgiving vacation and run all that turkey off. My running buddy and I haven't decided our costumes yet but hope to do that soon!

I had a really good week last week, just over 24 miles, but I haven't run at all this week. Our cat has been in decline for the past few days and we had to put her down this morning. I know I'll feel better if I go out and run but the motivation just isn't there. :sad1:

So sorry about your cat :(

I’m sorry amie.

I’m so sorry, Amie. Losing a pet is hard and having to make the decision yourself is even harder.

Ran Spider-Man 5K last Friday and Super Heroes Half this past Sunday. We walked in the parks a little on Sunday and Monday, but my husband was sick with an upper respiratory infection so had to take it easy. We flew home Tuesday and I ran for the first time yesterday. OTF is today and tomorrow. Starting Fairy Tale training next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!