2018 Rates Are Available For On-line Booking

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Chatter over on the Resorts Board has been for a while that today would be the day 2018 rates came on-line. I've checked it this morning and it is so. Of course, the 500 day rule still applies. So it appears you can book on-line today 06/20/17 for a reservation checking out as far as 11/02/17 but if you push it beyond that (checking out 11/03/17 on a reservation), you don't get rates.

So basically all your days have to fit inside the 500 day window. Stated another way, you can book online once your check-out day is 500 days or less from the booking day.

In the past the system has been a little squirrely on day 1 but it gets the bugs worked out in a few. Of course you could have called for 2018 but this makes it a little easier to compare rates. :surfweb:

Hope there is a Fort trip in everyone's 2018 future!

Bama Ed

PS - Premiums for Halloween Week already show no availability :scared: I wonder if that's right or just a bug?

Last edited:
Just made reservations for Easter and Halloween 2018, but Christmas was already booked! Let the stalking begin....again :goodvibes

Just made reservations for Easter and Halloween 2018, but Christmas was already booked! Let the stalking begin....again :goodvibes

Well Christmas is beyond day 500 so you'll have to wait about 7-8 weeks to make that one, Terri.

ED

Well I guess Halloween is a no go Hope that it is a bug. Christmas we can book in August right?

Well I guess Halloween is a no go Hope that it is a bug. Christmas we can book in August right?

Well Halloween might be a bug. Or book a Full/Preferred unless you absolutely HAVE to have a Premium. Honestly, though, it wouldn't surprise me if the Premiums are booked up.

Yes, the math says sometime in August 2017 you can book Christmas 2018 depending on what your specific dates are.

Bama Ed

FWIW, I use the date calculator at this website to do date calculations. So for a Fort reservation at Christmas 2018, if I assume a check-out date of Saturday December 29, 2018 as the Start Date and subtract 500 days, I can book that reservation starting on Wednesday August 16, 2017.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Bama Ed

Of course they made a point of posting it also on a certain pinned thread on the Theme Parks and Attractions board.

I think now that the whole Halloween/Premium thing is a bug. Maybe not all the inventory has been loaded yet. After all, Halloween has only been bookable for a few days if we can only get to 11/02/18 today.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Chatter over on the Resorts Board has been for a while that today would be the day 2018 rates came on-line. I've checked it this morning and it is so. Of course, the 500 day rule still applies. So it appears you can book on-line today 06/20/17 for a reservation checking out as far as 11/02/17 but if you push it beyond that (checking out 11/03/17 on a reservation), you don't get rates.

So basically all your days have to fit inside the 500 day window. Stated another way, you can book online once your check-out day is 500 days or less from the booking day.

In the past the system has been a little squirrely on day 1 but it gets the bugs worked out in a few. Of course you could have called for 2018 but this makes it a little easier to compare rates. :surfweb:

Hope there is a Fort trip in everyone's 2018 future!

Bama Ed

PS - Premiums for Halloween Week already show no availability :scared: I wonder if that's right or just a bug?

Just booked for Easter / Spring Break. We don't have a trip planned for this summer so New Year's and Spring Break can't come soon enough. Hopefully a FL resident ticket special will show up for early 2018.

Of course they made a point of posting it also on a certain pinned thread on the Theme Parks and Attractions board.
I typed something...but deleted. :mic::headache:

This is new...... for Dining Plan
New for 2018 vacation packages! Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails.

Interesting on new rates. As you know, we booked campground for July 2018 a while ago. Email states "total price for this stay" so I go to Disney website and type in for July 2018 and rates are Sun-Thurs..$131 and Sat and sun...$150. Type in July 2017, same dates and rates are $122 and $139. The prices they quoted me for the 2018 trip were $125 and $142. So on my reservations page this is on there:
ROOM RATES
Room rates are guaranteed as long as your room reservation is not changed, except that Disney reserves the right to charge additional amounts due to changes in applicable tax rates or other governmental charges.

Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in the rate, resort or room type, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation.

Edited some figures.... So I figured a 12.5% tax on new rates and what my reservation says and there's a difference of around $83 for 11 day stay. So I don't know if they estimated the rate when I called or what but I found it interesting because there is nothing about changing rates and adding to my reservation total. We shall see........

Last edited:
Premiums are showing available this morning for Halloween like Terri said above. That's why I said day 1 stuff is still wonky when they roll it out.

Capture.PNG

I mean it is Disney IT afterall. It's not like they haven't loaded new resort rates before.

Bama Ed

We booked over the phone yesterday for late March 2018. I notice the top of Bama Ed's pic says to login for pass holder discount. I guess I need to call back and check on that. It never hurts to ask...

Premiums are showing available this morning for Halloween like Terri said above. That's why I said day 1 stuff is still wonky when they roll it out.

View attachment 246228

I mean it is Disney IT afterall. It's not like they haven't loaded new resort rates before.

Bama Ed

That's a nice tent rate for Halloween! I booked at $128/nt for a tent site over Easter.

Our rate went up $49.51 for a full hook-up site for 7 nights and 3 adults in April :eek: Add that to the extra money for the cabin ($81 increase for 2 adults and 2 children) and we also have booked and the flights for our DD, SIL, GS and GD this is one expensive treat from us:earseek:

PS - did I also mention that our Canadian $$ doesn't go that far in the US BUT WDW and Fort Wilderness are more than worth it IMHO.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that all loops were now pet loops now. Is that true? I booked a pop-up sight for Halloween 2018, do I need to upgrade to a full hookup because of my dog? Thanks for the heads up on this @bama_ed.

Last edited:
Yep, a pinned thread guarded by a moderator to keep people from complaining. And to think, a certain "very high up" person on the Dis once told me in a PM that they did not support the practice. Talk about a 180...

I thought I read somewhere that all loops were now pet loops now. Is that true? I booked a pop-up sight for Halloween 2018, do I need to upgrade to a full hookup because of my dog? Thanks for the heads up on this @bama_ed.

Well I doubt that's the case especially for Tent sites. Disney at a minimum wants the pets in a temperature controlled environment. Do you have a tent or popup, Mad Stitch? Not to send this thread on a pet-loop-who-takes-care-of-their-pet-thread-that-ends-up-getting-locked. Pets and tents/pop ups don't mix well. If you have a travel trailer or bigger, then you shouldn't be in a Tent site.

So it's one or the other. Not much middle ground there.

For Preferred and Premiums, there are designated pet loops but the non-pet loops can be pet loops if demand overflows from the pet loops to non-pet loops. Only Disney knows when that happens. I believe all Full Loops (1600-1900 but not sure about 2100) are all Pet loops.

But pets and Tent loops are generally not compatible by the rules. If you're in a Tent loop, you have a tent or some canvas. If you have a tent or some canvas, that's not an adequate shelter for a pet. So the two don't usually occur at the same time. What type of camper/shelter do you have, Mad Stitch?

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter