2018 Rates Are Available For On-line Booking

I think Disney jacked up the rates for early spring break (mid-March) in 2018. $175 a night for a premium site,

Screenshot_20170622-210233_zpszetnqr8v.png

Ouch!

Yeah Randy, Memorial day week (our usual GSP meet time) is only $134:crazy:

Dang! Was planning on taking the family while the girls were out of school for spring break in March but it looks like I may have to sacrifice my GSP time...

I think Disney jacked up the rates for early spring break (mid-March) in 2018. $175 a night for a premium site,

Screenshot_20170622-210233_zpszetnqr8v.png

Ouch!

Ouch indeed Randy.

Those rates on the Disney site do not include the 12.5% tax rate so when that's applied to the $175 rate the total rounds up to $197 a night.

And if you want more good news......

In 2017 the Christmas/Holiday rate with tax was $183 (rounded off) for a Premium compared to the highest Spring/Easter 2017 rate of $176 with tax. That difference of $7 probably carried over to this year (or some extra amount) so that when we see the rates or start booking for Christmas/Holiday 2018, we will exceed $200 a night.

For a campsite.

Bama Ed

Yep, a pinned thread guarded by a moderator to keep people from complaining. And to think, a certain "very high up" person on the Dis once told me in a PM that they did not support the practice. Talk about a 180...

He openly posted his disapproval. And when I pointed that out on the thread with a link, I was dismisssed with something like I wasn't contributing to the thread (by a poster, not mod).

I thought I read somewhere that all loops were now pet loops now. Is that true? I booked a pop-up sight for Halloween 2018, do I need to upgrade to a full hookup because of my dog? Thanks for the heads up on this @bama_ed.

My friend has a large, high side popup and was reserved in a premium loop and they did not allow her to have her dog in the popup. She ended up meeting with her mom halfway and sending the dog home. The cast members were adamant about no dogs in tents or popups regardless of loop. So your rig is important.

Yep, a pinned thread guarded by a moderator to keep people from complaining. And to think, a certain "very high up" person on the Dis once told me in a PM that they did not support the practice. Talk about a 180...
Not even complaining, just pointing out options is a no no. Maybe these huge prices ($128 for a TENT site) are to deter the practice. To think, I paid $45 for a 10' from the ocean site in the Keys in May.

Well I doubt that's the case especially for Tent sites. Disney at a minimum wants the pets in a temperature controlled environment. Do you have a tent or popup, Mad Stitch? Not to send this thread on a pet-loop-who-takes-care-of-their-pet-thread-that-ends-up-getting-locked. Pets and tents/pop ups don't mix well. If you have a travel trailer or bigger, then you shouldn't be in a Tent site.

So it's one or the other. Not much middle ground there.

For Preferred and Premiums, there are designated pet loops but the non-pet loops can be pet loops if demand overflows from the pet loops to non-pet loops. Only Disney knows when that happens. I believe all Full Loops (1600-1900 but not sure about 2100) are all Pet loops.

But pets and Tent loops are generally not compatible by the rules. If you're in a Tent loop, you have a tent or some canvas. If you have a tent or some canvas, that's not an adequate shelter for a pet. So the two don't usually occur at the same time. What type of camper/shelter do you have, Mad Stitch?

Bama Ed
Ah, but I do fall in that middle ground. I have a A-frame just like you do. So I fit into the classification of a pop-up, but I don't have any canvas. Without any canvas, my dog is secure and in a climate controlled environment.
Edit: I posted a picture of my A-frame at the bottom of the page in this other thread about a year ago.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ng-setup-at-other-campgrounds.1852624/page-22

Last edited:

Ah, but I do fall in that middle ground. I have a A-frame just like you do. So I fit into the classification of a pop-up, but I don't have any canvas. Without any canvas, my dog is secure and in a climate controlled environment.
Edit: I posted a picture of my A-frame at the bottom of the page in this other thread about a year ago.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ng-setup-at-other-campgrounds.1852624/page-22

That is middle ground. And I remembered you were an A-framer after I posted my reply last night.

Personally like amcc said, you might have a hard time talking your way into a Tent site with a pet even if you have what ends up being a small travel trailer that just happens to fold up. If it were me, I would move up to a Full site now if i were bringing a pet. It might be easier to show you meet the criteria of the Full site rather than have to prove that you exceed the standard of a Tent site.

In the end if push came to shove, you might be able to take your pet on the Tent site. But I would play it safe and book the Full site and declare the pet and pay the $5 fee.

My two cents.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter