2018 - the year of getting the most use out of my AP! Completed 2/14

Hi Cloe! (I just love your name!) I just wanted to pop by and say have a magical trip! I didn't know you had both a PTR and TR going so I'll have to check that out too.
Beautiful wedding picture!! Happy Anniversary!
Your vacation sounds amazing!! I would have absolutely loved that on my first anniversary! (We went to Hawaii instead, so yeah it didn't suck but Aulani wasn't even built yet, haha)

I also work in a bank and get the mandatory 2 weeks off. It's worked WONDERS for my Disney life, lemme tell ya but bad for my wallet, hahaha.
Have a great vacation!

Hi Cloe! (I just love your name!) I just wanted to pop by and say have a magical trip! I didn't know you had both a PTR and TR going so I'll have to check that out too.
Beautiful wedding picture!! Happy Anniversary!
Your vacation sounds amazing!! I would have absolutely loved that on my first anniversary! (We went to Hawaii instead, so yeah it didn't suck but Aulani wasn't even built yet, haha)

I also work in a bank and get the mandatory 2 weeks off. It's worked WONDERS for my Disney life, lemme tell ya but bad for my wallet, hahaha.
Have a great vacation!

Thank you!

It's definitely the vacation of my dreams! I'm so excited (work cannot drag any slower this week lol). I would love to go back to Hawaii again but I was always secretly plotting an anniversary trip to Disney before we even got married haha Maybe we'll go back to Hawaii for our five year!

And yeah between this two week mandatory vacation and having an AP my wallet is hurting this year! hahaha I'm secretly hoping DH will have so much fun this trip that he'll agree to a quick Christmas trip in December lmao! I can see why you fit so many trips in last year, once you had the tickets paid for everything else seems so doable!

Last edited:
We are back from our whirlwind vacation and I can't wait to get started on the trip report! It was the most magical vacation ever and I can't wait to relive it through the trip report!!

I promise to start our trip report soon! I've started typing it up, just in the process of getting all of my pictures uploaded to flckr. Its such a process!

Anywho, DH and I are currently in talks to do a quick trip to Disney in December for a weekend. We would probably fly there Friday night and come home Monday night. The hope would be to see the Christmas decorations in MK and HS. I'm like 99% sure its going to happen!

Since I'm dreaming, I've been trying to decide on what we might do each day and if we will do the Christmas party.

As of right now the options are -

1. Sat - HS Sun - MK (party) Mon - AK or EPCOT (no hopper and the party - $419)
2. Sat - MK Sun - HS Mon - AK or EPCOT (no hopper and no party - $309)
3. Sat - EPCOT/HS Sun - MK Mon - hang by pool/Disney Spring(1 day hopper & party - $332)
4. Sat - EPCOT/HS Sun - MK Mon - AK (3 day hopper - $383)

Right now I think I'm between option 2 and 3. I have Port Orleans French Quarter booked so getting to use the pool on the Monday would be nice but will it be nice enough to use in December? I know that can be iffy. I'm also unsure about whether or not I want to do the party this trip. We've done it before so I'm not sure if it's worth buying me a separate ticket for the event. So many tough choices!

If anyone has any insight please let me know! My only requirements for this trip are to see MK and HS at night so beyond that everything else is really icing on the cake!

Reactions: DLo

So DH is dragging his feet a little on this weekend trip in December but I'm keeping my fingers crossed he'll come around. If not, I'm sure I can find someone else to come with me!

In any event, I went ahead and requested off the days from work. Like I said hopefully someone will go with me! If not, I guess I'll have a few days off before Christmas and that also sounds fine to me too so either way I was happy to get the request put in!

So I've done some thinking about my four options and I think I've narrowed it down some:

1. Sat - HS Sun - MK (party) Mon - AK or EPCOT (no hopper and the party - $419)
2. Sat - MK Sun - HS Mon - AK or EPCOT (no hopper and no party - $309)
3. Sat - EPCOT/HS Sun - MK Mon - hang by pool/Disney Spring(1 day hopper & party - $332)
4. Sat - EPCOT/HS Sun - MK Mon - AK (3 day hopper - $383)

Option 3 is now out because I don't think there will be enough time to hop from EPCOT to HS on this day. Even though HS is no longer a full day park we probably wouldn't go until noon or one to any park and HS closes at I think 8 or 8:30 this day. So I'll avoid the hopping hassle and the cost of ubering from one park to the other. (I really don't like the buses and from what I've read/heard park-park buses are some of the worst so I'd rather avoid that altogether!) I also don't want to leave the whole last day open for the pool since it will be late December and odds are it won't be the best swimming weather!

Option 4 - Definitely no need for the hopper for all three days so this option is out.

Option 2 - Still in the running and is winning in the aspect that I would only have to buy DH a three day pass and I wouldn't have any ticket cost. The only reason I am swaying more towards option 1 is that I feel like this weekend is pretty close to Christmas crowds and might be pretty busy. Without the Christmas party we might not get much done in MK without a limited crowd like the party would provide. Plus we did the party before and both enjoyed it.

Option 1- So basically what I'm saying is that option 1 is winning right now haha and I think I have decided that on the last day I would do EPCOT over AK. We did AK twice on our last trip and to me is the least Christmas-y. So unless they come up with some magical Christmas time offering I'll be sticking with EPCOT. I do wish I had a third night to potentially see the Candlelight Processional but it just won't work out and I'd rather see Hollywood Studios at night instead. The only downside here, as I mentioned, is that I'll have to buy party tickets for myself and Dan plus his 2 day ticket.

As of right now I'm operating under the premise I will go with option 1 and here is our tentative itinerary:

12/14 - Land in Orlando at 7PM, uber or take ME to resort. Take boat to DS and have dinner at The Edison/shop
12/15 - HS, late dinner at Narcooses
12/16 - Pool day (if weather cooperates), lunch at GFC, MVMCP
12/17 - EPCOT, probably uber to airport to get extra time, fly home around 7PM

Reactions: DLo
Can't wait to read about your recent trip! So exciting to have an October and December trip planned for the end of the year!

I feel like doing the party in December is a total must! it's just so magical!

Can't wait to read about your recent trip! So exciting to have an October and December trip planned for the end of the year!

I feel like doing the party in December is a total must! it's just so magical!

I'm so excited!! I kind of wish that we had gotten tickets for MNSSHP this year but it just didn't work out but I definitely think we will be doing MVMCP! There is seriously nothing like Christmas at Disney!!

Updated October itinerary!

We are just under 40 days to go!

Couple of changes since I've last posted about our October trip.

Calista (sister) wanted to try something new in EPCOT so we are doing Restaurant Marrakesh for lunch. I'm not convinced she'll actually like anything on the menu but even if we just get an app to share there will be plenty of F&W booths to stop at!

Speaking of F&W I've made my list of things I want to try!

- Almond Orchard - Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Coastal Eats - Crab Cake
- Greece - Spanikopita

I still need to look into what drinks will be special for the event. But that's my list as of right now!

I decided to get the After dessert party plaza viewing in the Magic Kingdom. I really want my Mom to watch HEA with the projections but she gets really panicked in crowds so I think this will work out well for us. I believe MK is supposed to close like right after the fireworks this night too so we should be able to enjoy our desserts in peace and let the masses head out before us!

I also moved our Sanaa reservation to 7 from 5:05 because I don't see us heading back to AK after dinner and I feel like we might be a bit bored with nothing to do if we head back to the resort that early. Even with the 7 o clock reservation we will still get back to the Poly around 9 which will give us some time to grab a drink or swim until we watch the MNSSHP fireworks from our DVC lakeview room!

I am so excited and cannot wait for this trip! I love girls trips with my Mom and sister!

Sidenote - I cannot believe how expensive our flights were going there. $307 for ONE WAY! Flights from our area usually run about $100-150 each way so I was a bit disappointed by that. I am praying that they go down at some point but I don't see that happening tbh. But it was SW so if it does I will be getting that refund on $$ and points!

Last edited:
I LOVE how your spreadsheet looks!!

What a fun girls trip that will be!

Thanks!! I usually use the same format for each trip and just add or drop days depending on what I need! I feel like thats usually everything I need to know so I'll just screen shot it and save it to my phone!

I usually also go full type A and plan out times for everything we want to do each day just to figure out what time we need to leave somewhere or how much time we'll have for each thing. I did it for the first time on our last trip and it really helped me feel like I wasn't forgetting anything on my list! (Although I still forgot to get a cinnamon roll at Gaston's! :sad:)

Hmm a bit of a dilemma - last night at dinner my sister mentioned that she'd like to watch Fantasmic this trip. We have seen it before (and by before I mean like the last time I saw it was 2009 so like over ten years for my sister). We stopped going because we had bad experiences where we couldn't find seats and it wasn't our favorite night time show.

I just booked the Fantasmic dessert package for us to at least guarantee us seats. The time was for 7:10 for an 8 o clock show and most people say if you get to the stadium at least 45 minutes ahead of time you'll likely get a seat.

So the question is - do we keep the dessert package (and show up around 7:30) or do we aim for getting there around 7:15 and waiting for standby?

I'm very torn on this!

OoOo that's tough! You can always hope to get a same day FP for it as well if you decide to go the standby route!

Hi Cloe! We will actually be in WDW at the same time AND we have reservations at Cali Grill for brunch on the 7th at 10:40.:flower1: So, we may see each other...

OoOo that's tough! You can always hope to get a same day FP for it as well if you decide to go the standby route!

As much as I think it will probably be a waste of money I think we're going to stick with the dessert party. We'll just probably aim to get there at like 7:15/7:20, as long as we get a seat somewhere I dont think we'll mind all that much! Tbh being towards the top and at the front of the exit crowd is probably more desirable for us! haha

Hi Cloe! We will actually be in WDW at the same time AND we have reservations at Cali Grill for brunch on the 7th at 10:40.:flower1: So, we may see each other...

How fun! I'll have to keep an eye out for you! I'm 99% sure we will keep this reservation haha I seriously go back and forth daily on whether or not this reservation is worth the cost! I think I'd regret canceling it so we will most likely keep it! Although my Mom thought the Bon Voyage breakfast was overpriced so she will probably be on the floor if she finds out how much this is (my plan is to pay for this meal so she doesnt find out haha)

I seriously go back and forth daily on whether or not this reservation is worth the cost!

This reservation is TOTALLY worth the cost!!!! October will be my second time for brunch, but I've had dinner here too many times to count. It's one of our favorite restaurants on site...

This reservation is TOTALLY worth the cost!!!! October will be my second time for brunch, but I've had dinner here too many times to count. It's one of our favorite restaurants on site...

Well I guess I have to keep it then!!! I've been for dinner and loved it I'm just worried my sister won't eat much haha but I suppose its more about the experience than anything else!

This October trip is SERIOUSLY creeping up on me!

upload_2018-9-20_11-42-45.png

I THINK this is our official itinerary for October.

Breakdown of our plans -

Fly in Friday night - we SHOULD land around 9PM which if all goes to plan (and we don't end up with another delayed flight like DH and I had in July) I see no reason why we can't make it to Disney Springs by 10PM! On our past few trips we've gone to the Boardwalk for pizza at the pizza window on the night we arrived but Calista wanted to switch it up this trip and go to Disney Springs! And I think Calista was really looking forward to eating at Morimotos (which I cancelled and switched to The Edison later in our trip) so I was happy I was able to get a 10:30 reservation here through Open Table. I had tried to get a late Edison reservation this night but the latest I could get was 9:30 and there was no way we'd ever make that. I'm also happy to make the reservation through Open Table because I won't run the risk of getting a no-show charge if something goes wrong. Also, who knows we may just want to grab a burger from D-Luxe this night anyway! I need to check with my Mom and sister what their thoughts are. A heavy Asian meal might not be the best after flight/late meal.
If we have time I imagine we'll look through some of the shops and spend some money! haha

Saturday - We're being bad Disney goers and heading to EPCOT this day (I'm praying it isn't as bad as I think it will be but it was the only day we had for EPCOT!). First up will be Spaceship Earth on our way in. If the FP line looks to long though I may just have us skip the FP and ride later in the evening. Then the plan is to take the Friendship boat across the lagoon to Morocco for lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh. I'm hoping we can find something that we'll like here but if not there are always the F&W booths! I'm also hoping that they have some belly dancers here during lunch, their website says they sometimes have them so I guess we'll see! Depending on how much we do eat we'll either take the boat back across OR walk the WS and try some booths along the way. At some point during the day I want to try the crab cake, spinach and artichoke dip, spanikopita and the bbq slider! I also am curious about the Mimosa bar! After lunch we will head to our 2nd FP at TT and then do Mission Space while we are in the area. After I'm hoping we will either be able to move up our LWTL FP or it will be time for it so we can try for a 4th Soarin FP. If not Soarin then hopefully FEA! After we will head back to the WS and try the foods I have on my list that we haven't tried yet! Dinner tonight will be at Via Napoli at 7:55 and then we have plans to grab ice cream in France after! My eyes are ALWAYS bigger than my stomach when it comes to Disney and food so I'm hoping I can at least try SOME of these! After our ice cream we might stay at watch Illuminations since it will be our last chance to see it now that they are replacing it. I'm not sad about the change because I definitely think it's time for something new but would be cool to see one last time! Although if its raining or my Mom and sister aren't really up for staying I'd be fine leaving too. So we'll see!

Sunday - Today will start with brunch at California Grill! I'm really excited for this brunch and hope we all enjoy it! It's a bit of an earlier reservation so I'm hoping my Mom and sister (mostly my sister) can make it there on time lol After brunch we will either walk or monorail over to MK. I'm hesitant to take the monorail just with how often it breaks down but that will most likely be what we do. Next up will be our FPs for Space Mtn, Mine Train and Splahsh Mtn. I think for dinner we might try the sandwiches offered at Gastons along with a cheese platter and the croissant because we will have the HEA Dessert After party this evening! I'm really excited for this. I really fell in love with HEA in July being able to see the projections so I'm hoping my Mom and sister will too! (they aren't sold on HEA yet!) Park hours were increased to 10 this night which is kind of a bummer since we'll be doing the dessert party during this extra hour but it will at least keep us out of the crowds after fireworks end!

Monday - As long as it is nice enough I think we are going to sleep in this day and hang by the pool at Pop Century for the first half of the day. Our FPs don't start until 3 I believe so this will give us plenty of time to hang out. I do have a lunch reservation at 1:50 for Beaches and Cream right now but I'm not sure I want to keep it. It would give us less pool time to go to lunch here and I am kind of wanting the grilled cheese from Toy Story Land instead! So that is probably what we will do. FP for HS are TOT, RNR and a late SDD! Then we are trying out the Fantasmic dessert package so hopefully that will be fun! I have a feeling I will end up buying a pair of light up Disney ears because that seems like a fun accessory to have! After we leave HS we will head to Disney Springs for a late dinner at The Edison!

Tuesday - Today we will be checking out of Pop and into the Polynesian for one night. Before heading to the Poly we will go to Animal Kingdom and use our FPs for FOP, the Safari and Everest! Hopefully we'll be able to get a 4th and 5th FP for Navi River Journey and Dinosaur! For lunch we will eat at Satuli Canteen and for dinner we will be eating at Sanaa! After dinner we will head back to the poly and either grab a drink at Trader Sams or go for a late night swim and then watch the fireworks from our room!

Wednesday - I think for breakfast/lunch we will just eat at Captain Cook's and then hang out at the pool for a bit. Then we will change and head over to MK to use our FPs for Space Mtn, Mine Train and Thunder Mtn. Unfortunately after our FPs we'll have to head back to the Polynesian and head to the airport

I am so excited and cannot wait! I do need to finish up the rest of my ears for the trip and find out if my sister needs to make any others for her!

This doesn't pertain to my trip but my brother is going to Disney in January with his GF and I was able to score them a BOG reservation! There wasn't anything available for dinner when we booked his trip and he was not a fan of the lunch menu so I was so happy to get him this reservation! Touring Plans Reservation finder for the win!

I'll come back with an updated itinerary for DH and my trip in December soon!

I will totally look for you at Cali Grill!!! Check out my neverending PTR so you aren't freaked out when some strange lady stops to say hi...:rotfl2:

I will totally look for you at Cali Grill!!! Check out my neverending PTR so you aren't freaked out when some strange lady stops to say hi...:rotfl2:

I just started reading through your PTR! Wow so many trips!

2 more weeks! Your plans sound so awesome!!

Im so excited! I seriously can't believe its only two weeks away! This trip just flew up on me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter