2018 Xmas Holidays @ Universal Orlando Info

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
November 17, 2018 - January 6, 2019

Put a little mischief in your merry when Universal Orlando™ unwraps a resort-wide celebration that will elevate your season.

Experience Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ as Hogsmeade™ and Diagon Alley™ are transformed with wondrous spirit. Treat yourself to Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s. And watch the live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s classic holiday tale starring The Grinch™ in the Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular.

Celebrate Throughout Universal Studios Florida™

universal-orlando-holiday-parade-minion-c.jpg

Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s

Merry and Mayhem combine as the Minions join Santa Claus in an incarnation of Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's, a holiday favorite that also features characters from Madagascar and Shrek.

Show Times:
  • Nov 28, Dec 6, and Dec 14: 5:15pm
  • Nov 17 - 27, Nov 29 - Dec 5, Dec 7 - 13, Dec 15 - 23: 5:30pm
  • Dec 24 - 30: 8:00pm
  • Dec 31 - Jan 6: 5:30pm

universal-orlando-mannheim-steamroller-conductor-live-c.jpg

Mannheim Steamroller

The best-selling holiday artist of all time visits Universal Studios as Mannheim Steamroller returns for live performances.

Show Times:
  • Nov 17, 18, 24, 25; Dec 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16: 7:00pm

Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
universal-orlando-diagon-alley-holiday-lights-2-c.png

Diagon Alley™ and London are transformed with festive décor and brilliant lighting. There are special holiday treats and drinks, and the atmosphere is brimming with excitement. King's Cross Station features buskers singing holiday favorites and Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees have a special show prepared just for the occasion.

Holiday Happenings At Universal's Islands of Adventure™
universal-orlando-wizarding-world-holidays-castle-couple-c.png

Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
Celebrate Christmas in The Wizarding World at Universal Orlando as Hogsmeade™ is transformed by festive décor and special entertainment. And as the stars begin to shine, revel in a dazzling projection of holiday spirit as The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle unfolds every night from Dusk to Park close.

universal-orlando-holidays-grinchmas-dog-c.png

The Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular

Explore Seuss Landing™, filled with the Christmas charm and cheer of Who-ville. Delight in The Grinchmas™ Who-liday Spectacular, a live retelling of the classic holiday tale starring The Grinch™. Plus, meet the maven of mischief himself for an autograph and photo.

Show Times:

• Nov 17 - 24; Dec 15 - Jan 1:
    8 shows/day
    10:45am, 11:45am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm
  • Nov 25 - Dec 14; Jan 2-6:
    6 shows/day
    11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 3:45pm, 4:45pm, 5:45pm

31013-2292x1528.jpg

Universal's Islands of Adventure™
Hogsmeade™ embraces the holiday spirit as the shops are festively decorated with garland and lights. The Frog Choir sings seasonal melodies and there are special treats and drinks to share. As the stars begin to shine, revel in a dazzling projection of holiday spirit at The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle unfolds.

Note to seasonal passholders:

Seasonal Passes are blocked out at Universal Studios Florida™ only on Mannheim Steamroller concert dates: Nov. 17, 18, 24, 25, Dec. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, and 16.
Blockout dates are at both Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure™: Dec. 22 – 31, 2018 and Jan. 1 – 3, 2019

Last edited:
I’m so mad about this because I booked a trip 12/14 (very late arrival) through 12/17 thinking I was clear with blockout dates with my seasonal pass. This trip was to experience Christmas at Universal for the first and possibly only time. Now, I won’t be able to experience Christmas at night in Diagonal Alley or the Macy’s parade because of the Mannheim Steamroller concerts. :mad::worried:

I’m so mad about this because I booked a trip 12/14 (very late arrival) through 12/17 thinking I was clear with blockout dates with my seasonal pass. This trip was to experience Christmas at Universal for the first and possibly only time. Now, I won’t be able to experience Christmas at night in Diagonal Alley or the Macy’s parade because of the Mannheim Steamroller concerts. :mad::worried:

Sorry to hear that. You could upgrade to the next level of pass if that's an option for you.
Concert blackouts are part of the reason we're debating whether or not to upgrade to season passes. Given the 3 free months we would get two trips on it so definitely worth it from that standpoint, but since we've been going during the holiday season, it would significantly curtail are use of the parks.

Sorry to hear that. You could upgrade to the next level of pass if that's an option for you.
Concert blackouts are part of the reason we're debating whether or not to upgrade to season passes. Given the 3 free months we would get two trips on it so definitely worth it from that standpoint, but since we've been going during the holiday season, it would significantly curtail are use of the parks.
I always get the season pass and figure if I really want to go on a day that is blocked I'll upgrade then- the season pass is a great value -and i always get two 10 day trips out of it - the adding of 3 months makes it easier to plan those two trips

We're going to be there December 5-12th. We're spending most of our time at Universal (it's our first visit) but are also spending a day at SeaWorld (also first time) and going to MVMCP over at MK (first time at MVMCP although not WDW). So looking forward to all the festivities. We thought about getting a seasonal pass but figured in the end we actually really wanted to go to one of the Mannheim Steamroller concerts. We still may upgrade to seasonal passes that Monday--that way if we wanted we could go to the parks for a couple hours in the morning on both our MVMCP day and maybe even our departure day--and who knows maybe we'll even squeeze in another trip sometime in the 15 (or is it 18 months) after.

Soniam - thanks for posting, that’s a great perk! Figure it’s well before we arrive, but i’m getting to FB but can’t get the link to load for some reason.

My DH & my WDW & U. APHs are set up staggered renewal periods. I let his pass go a few years ago, then bought it anew since he was skipping a trip. Nice to not have the bill hit at the same time but a bit confusing.

I dropped him down to seasonal ? (Need to check but know it doesn’t include concert dates) this past June as are skipping Mardi Gras in ‘19 and had thought to skip the Xmas festivities this year as we were supposed to being a quickie ‘bonus’ trip.

Best laid plans lol. At least the parks are happy enough to upgrade passes :). Need to renew my pass, maybe i can get away with renewing over the phone vs dealing with GS at the parks.

Soniam - thanks for posting, that’s a great perk! Figure it’s well before we arrive, but i’m getting to FB but can’t get the link to load for some reason.

My DH & my WDW & U. APHs are set up staggered renewal periods. I let his pass go a few years ago, then bought it anew since he was skipping a trip. Nice to not have the bill hit at the same time but a bit confusing.

I dropped him down to seasonal ? (Need to check but know it doesn’t include concert dates) this past June as are skipping Mardi Gras in ‘19 and had thought to skip the Xmas festivities this year as we were supposed to being a quickie ‘bonus’ trip.

Best laid plans lol. At least the parks are happy enough to upgrade passes :). Need to renew my pass, maybe i can get away with renewing over the phone vs dealing with GS at the parks.

I actually signed up. These things never happen when I am there. I will technically be at WDW then, solo for a couple of days. I'll have to get an Uber over or something, but it sounded pretty cool. I am hoping the FJ is open so that I can just ride that until I can't anymore, so maybe 3 or 4 times:rotfl2:

Starting "To See" list. We will be there from Dec. 1 - 5th. We have never been to USO for Christmas! We are sooooo looking forward to this! :dogdance:

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been waiting for confirmation of parade times etc as I’m trying to decide whether or not to make some dining reservations.

Out of interest, do people know if the Cinematic Celebration Show will still take place over this time or will it get put on hold? I looked yesterday and couldn’t find any indication of dates and times whatsoever.

Crud. We are just going to miss it - will be there on the 15th & 16th o_O DH wanted to see Grinchmas and DD wanted to see the castle lights......they will be bummed......

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been waiting for confirmation of parade times etc as I’m trying to decide whether or not to make some dining reservations.

Out of interest, do people know if the Cinematic Celebration Show will still take place over this time or will it get put on hold? I looked yesterday and couldn’t find any indication of dates and times whatsoever.

Not sure but i don’t recall seeing it running last year on parade night

I like having special seasonal events to be a sticky

This way no one will miss current info

Will release this thread from sticky status January 6 2019

Thank you Janet for providing this guide to all the viewers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts