2019 Armed Forces Salute Renewal Announced!

I called was trying to find out if I checked-in on December 18th (check out after Christmas) would they extend the discount through all of my trip and was told no. So there goes that idea! If anyone else gets them to cover dates outside of 12/19 let me know, but I’m sure that’s a long shot.

So happy to get a Military discount for my February trip!! We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn Feb.13-20 in a Club Level room. I also tried for my April trip, but nothing at the Boardwalk. May change to the Beach Club, but might just stick with my cast discount at the Boardwalk outer cottage with my cast rate.

We always add the dining plan. It just has to be done over the phone.
Yes you can add a DDP. When you call to book your room they can add the dining it is then considered a package so you only have to do 200 deposit. You just let them know you're getting your tickets through SOG.

Is there somewhere that shows what the room discounts are? Like the percent off?
They don't show % off, unfortunately.
I always look for the resort rack rate (with tax, no tickets) and then I grab a calculator and do 20, 30, and 35% off. When the CM quotes a rate, it might not be exact, but it's usually pretty close to one of my estimates. Sometimes the CM's don't know the exact % off.
It really helps me to have a ballpark idea of what the discount is.

We are so Happy to get our military rate too, but we couldn’t have one resort cause of the dates so we took another Deluxe for our dates.

I called was trying to find out if I checked-in on December 18th (check out after Christmas) would they extend the discount through all of my trip and was told no. So there goes that idea! If anyone else gets them to cover dates outside of 12/19 let me know, but I’m sure that’s a long shot.

They won't extend the discount beyond 12/19. It's a hard blackout.

My experience only, my rate was basically the same as it is this year. 35% off at a deluxe. (Actually 34.5% ish...crazy, I know.)
I realize WDW doesn't have to offer these discounts, and I am very appreciative of the offer.

They used to be

value - 30
mod 35
deluxe 40

i agree - they don't have to do them - just was noticing that it was different this year

Update on my discount:
I looked at my reservation more closely. I got 30% off my room (July 4th week, CBR)
However, they charged the full "extra adult fee" because DD will be 18 ($25/night + tax).

Also, DS turns 10 a few months before the trip, so that hurts in the fixed price dining!

YAY!! I was able to upgrade from POR to AKL for $100!! So excited to stay there! I'm surprising the kids with a trip in February! It will be hard to contain my excitement and planning until they find out at Christmas...

Yes... my Father in law is calling to Camp Pendelton to order our 5 day park hopper passes today! February 2019, here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!