2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

Has anyone still got access to the DLP Run Weekend PDF that explains what happens with the double breakfast (one before the run, one after) for runners on the morning of the 10K/Half?

I can’t find it and am trying to remember what I need to bring to get it (we do already have breakfast in our hotel as part of our package) as I swear there is something specific you need to show, not just your MagicPass.

Do you still have the email with the last updates? There is a link to the pdf.

Has anyone still got access to the DLP Run Weekend PDF that explains what happens with the double breakfast (one before the run, one after) for runners on the morning of the 10K/Half?

I can’t find it and am trying to remember what I need to bring to get it (we do already have breakfast in our hotel as part of our package) as I swear there is something specific you need to show, not just your MagicPass.
When you go before the race, have your bib on and you get a wristband. Show wristbands when you return post race

When you go before the race, have your bib on and you get a wristband. Show wristbands when you return post race
Ah cool, thanks. I thought there was something to do with a wristband but as I didn’t get one in my runners pack, I thought I must have got it wrong. Makes more sense now knowing that you get it at breakfast by showing your bib.

In the corral now, we have a live tvshow we can watch during the run (as of we have time for that ;) )

Happy with the jungle book jive music they played, love the song :)

We get commercials for all the seasons in DLP. And some very cringeworthy interview with a woman wil doesn't recognize Scar from Simba and doesn't really relate to what seems going on (It is funny though :p )

Last edited:

In the corral now, we have a live tvshow we can watch during the run (as of we have time for that ;) )

Happy with the jungle book jive music they played, love the song :)

We get commercials for all the seasons in DLP. And some very cringeworthy interview with a woman wil doesn't recognize Scar from Simba and doesn't really relate to what seems going on (It is funny though :p )
I’m too busy admiring the guy running with a sandwich in my corral. I wish I would have thought of that!

Earl of sandwich was good... but is not in the magic pass if didnt know. Good thing I had money on me

Anybody want to share pics of the race shirts? I just saw a gallery posted to Facebook from the 5K and love the dark purple shirts from that race, but I don't see where rDF or anyone else has posted all the shirts. (I did the races two years ago and it sounds like not much has changed with the expo. Still separate lines for everything and not enough staff. Yay.)

can anyone suggest best places to see photos of the race stuff - where do people post? I would guess instacrap, err, instagram, but that is such an awful platform to find things that I usually don't bother. I wanna see what you are all seeing there! :)

also, question 2 - how did they do corrals this year? Same random stupidity as last year and before?

also, question 2 - how did they do corrals this year? Same random stupidity as last year and before?
Yes, think so, but as corral A is the largest, it is more favourable.

The 5k Was fun but I took 1 step and my leg started hurting, so I fear for the next 2 races. Weather was nice, lot of unlit places in the park, though. And strangely, no Lion King characters for a run that has Simba on the medal.

Yes, think so, but as corral A is the largest, it is more favourable.

The 5k Was fun but I took 1 step and my leg started hurting, so I fear for the next 2 races. Weather was nice, lot of unlit places in the park, though. And strangely, no Lion King characters for a run that has Simba on the medal.
yeah, last year I got put into D...oh joy that was not fun. They really need to fix that.

I'm so sorry to hear you got injured - make sure to ice it and take an anti-inflamatory, but DO NOT take those (like Advil, etc) DURING the race - do so only after you finish and been to the bathroom at least once. I hope you heal fast and just take it slower for the 10k to preserve yourself for the half.

And that was 10k, enjoyed it but my leg still isnt happy. Going to the jacuzzi after 2nd breakfast.

We saw Belle (changed places with Aurora), Cinderella, Jasmine (Ariel), Tiana (Moana), Merida (Pocahontas) meeting and Rapunzel was on the bridge near Pays des Contes Fees to cheer us on. The kilometer flags had really nice designs and they were in right princess order, 1. Snow White 2. Cinderella etc. Nice touch.

Different interviewer for the crowds yesterday, he was doing better, cringe factor was less. We karaoke'ed Let it Go, we warmed up with Genie, they talked about the May runs. We saw different trailers then yesterday, Frozen 2 and Mulan.

For those interested, yesterday were meeting Bolt, Emile & Remy, Dug, a country bear and one i forgot. The trailers from yesterday included The Lion King and a Christmas movie with Anna Kendrick. Emile & Remy changed places with the 3 Aristocats.

Last edited:
Blimey was it cold in the corrals this morning! I brought an extra layer for the walk to the Expo but put it in my Gear bag when I handed it in. Thankfully I was in the middle of corral B so didn’t have to wait too long before I could start running.

My injuries prevented me from going at any great pace, but given the random corral order, I don’t think this would have been an event for a PR even if I was fully fit - was overtaking loads of walkers in the first few KMs even at my “relaxed” pace.

Started to struggle from Catastrophe Canyon onwards with my feet aching but crossed the line still feeling okay. That ceased about halfway through the walk back through the village when my body’s aches and pains plus the tiredness of getting up early caught up with me. When I eventually got back to the hotel, had my second breakfast then got another two hours of sleep! Turns out that four straight days of park touring, standing in lines etc., might not be great preparation for doing a run in hindsight...

Overall, glad I did it, but I think it’s time for me to retire the running shoes - I’ll stick to cycling from now on. What a way to bow out though!

Last edited:
have fun everyone at the race weekend.

Next year I think my cruise ends on the Friday of race weekend. Some people on my cruise are planning to go to Disneyland Paris after the cruise. I know the park is rammed, but whats the situation regarding park hours and rides for those not doing the races.

have fun everyone at the race weekend.

Next year I think my cruise ends on the Friday of race weekend. Some people on my cruise are planning to go to Disneyland Paris after the cruise. I know the park is rammed, but whats the situation regarding park hours and rides for those not doing the races.
Seriously? Don't go during a run weekend if you are not participating. The parks are packed, think 3 digit waiting queues doe Big Thunder Mountain and the Pavillion, 45 minutes for Phantom Manor, 90 minutes Tower of terror and Ratatouille. We left right before lunch to go for a swim.

Some panicked guests at the pool said the parks were at capacity. I checked with the conciërge at NPB, and technically the parks never are, they first start people to go to the other park, but if you want in, you can.

Of course, great weather and the last weekend of the summer festival don't help. At 10, when we entered the park after the race the queues at security were no joke.

Blimey was it cold in the corrals this morning! I brought an extra layer for the walk to the Expo but put it in my Gear bag when I handed it in. Thankfully I was in the middle of corral B so didn’t have to wait too long before I could start running.

My injuries prevented me from going at any great pace, but given the random corral order, I don’t think this would have been an event for a PR even if I was fully fit - was overtaking loads of walkers in the first few KMs even at my “relaxed” pace.

Started to struggle from Catastrophe Canyon onwards with my feet aching but crossed the line still feeling okay. That ceased about halfway through the walk back through the village when my body’s aches and pains plus the tiredness of getting up early caught up with me. When I eventually got back to the hotel, had my second breakfast then got another two hours of sleep! Turns out that four straight days of park touring, standing in lines etc., might not be great preparation for doing a run in hindsight...

Overall, glad I did it, but I think it’s time for me to retire the running shoes - I’ll stick to cycling from now on. What a way to bow out though!
It was a lot colder than I expected it to be and I was so happy with my blanket!

You did it and it was a nice race :) maybe one dat they will have a cycling tour through Disney :)

I don't know exactly what happened with the pre-corrals. Today and yesterday, the wheelchairs etc started, then the professionals and then a large group came out of nowhere entering the start area before group A. I have a feeling they were people related to sponsors etc.

I am sorry to have missed out this year. I'm booked for WDW Marathon weekend in January, so 2020 will be my Castle to Chateau year!

Do any of you racers know the dates of the DLP 2020 Weekend?

Need to book by Oct 1st to lock in the summer 2019 rates with 25% off rooms + free half-board.

Thank you...and good luck!:)

can anyone suggest best places to see photos of the race stuff - where do people post? I would guess instacrap, err, instagram, but that is such an awful platform to find things that I usually don't bother. I wanna see what you are all seeing there! :)

I would add yourself to Run DV on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/463855460442449/

I am not big on Instagram, but I think the hashtag is RunDisneyFrance?

Seriously? Don't go during a run weekend if you are not participating. The parks are packed, think 3 digit waiting queues doe Big Thunder Mountain and the Pavillion, 45 minutes for Phantom Manor, 90 minutes Tower of terror and Ratatouille. We left right before lunch to go for a swim.

Totally agree - the parks are completely rammed today. I know it’s always busy at a weekend, but it’s even more so this weekend. Glad we got all our rides/shows/other plans out the way Tuesday through Friday, so today can just be used to unwind and maybe try to Fastpass one or two attractions if possible.

EDIT - as I type this, It’s A Small World’s queue has just hit 60 minutes - I kid you not!

Last edited:
I am sorry to have missed out this year. I'm booked for WDW Marathon weekend in January, so 2020 will be my Castle to Chateau year!

Do any of you racers know the dates of the DLP 2020 Weekend?

Need to book by Oct 1st to lock in the summer 2019 rates with 25% off rooms + free half-board.

Thank you...and good luck!:)
24-27 September 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!