2019 DVC Condominium Association Meeting

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever attended a DVC Condo Association Meeting. What goes on there? Do you enjoy the meetings?

DH and I went in 2017 and 2018. The meetings are quite scripted, and the DVC owners don’t get to provide any input or vote on anything - it’s really a formal process that DVC must go through to comply with timeshare laws. Afterwards there’s a meet and greet with the DVC executives and staff that can be interesting depending on who you get to talk to. Oh yes, each person gets one decorated cookie too.

In 2017 Ken Potrock was still DVC President and showed us lovely pictures of CCV and told us all about it - made me really want to stay there! In 2018 I was hoping to learn more about Riviera, but the new president hardly mentioned it. She talked a tiny bit about the dues increases (one of the main purposes of the meeting is to approve the budgets and dues for the next year) but otherwise didn’t provide any new information about anything. And especially they didn’t mention at all the reallocated points charts for 2020 - the meeting would have been a logical place to present those charts and explain the reasoning behind the changes they made, right? Nope! That meeting was a waste of time.

We don’t plan to go to any more, but I’m glad we went to the first one. Wish we had quit then.

I just follow along on Twitter or other social media. There are a few die-hards who micro-blog during the meeting with commentary and screen shots of the slides.

I would like to attend. Is there an RSVP? Not seeing any info on it.
I'm sure there will be one - there has been for past meetings. It's just too early yet. This is what is currently on the Members' website:

2019 Annual Meetings
Find details about the 2019 Annual Meeting for your Disney Vacation Club Condominium Association.

• Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019
  • Time: 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time for Board of Directors Meeting and 2:10 PM Eastern Standard Time for Members Meeting
  • Location: Disney’s Contemporary Resort Convention Center – 4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Date, time and location subject to change. Please check this page for updates.

I may go, just because I will be there. I sure wish someone would be able to bring up the idea of Point chart changes as they tried to do last year.

I may go, just because I will be there. I sure wish someone would be able to bring up the idea of Point chart changes as they tried to do last year.

They do have a Q&A session after the formal presentations. You could sign up!

I'm going again this year to get the cookie (and to see the holiday decorations before the blockouts for tickets begin). Not much time for Q&A and if you do get an answer, it's a canned answer. "That's very interesting. We'll have to look into that." We went in 2017, our first year living in Florida, for one night. Last year we did two nights. This year we have three nights just so we can do a few things. We usually get a studio at OKW for 10 points a night.

The points re allocation which occurred just after, was purposely kept from members at that meeting. It was mainly about how great DVC are. It was a disgrace to be honest, to then roll out those charts just after. Shameful.

Not only the point chart changes weren’t mentioned, but also the the resale restrictions at RIV were kept from us. It was a total disgrace.

You sometimes have a character photo op.

I have signed up. The link is on the page with the member Experiences.

It does my VWL Groupies Heart good :lovestructo see the Home resorts we have to choose from!

Home Resort(s)*
Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai'i
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas
Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Riviera Resort

Last edited:
I know some followers tweet or blog on this, but does anyone know if it's live streamed? I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search.

Refurb Schedule:
2020 - Aulani (Minor Refurb)
2020 - Boulder Ridge (Full Refurb)
2021 - Grand Floridian (Minor Refurb)
2022 - Hilton Head (Full Refurb)
2022 - Polynesian (Minor Refurb)
2022 - Beach Club (Minor Refurb)

Darn, was hoping for a preview/concept image of the refurbed BRV rooms. Sadly it doesn't look like they had any images of any of the refurbs, or at least not posted online anywhere that I could find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter