2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Feb. 26th to March 2nd, we shared 2 adult DxDP credits among 3 adults and had no issues whatsoever at the following restaurants:
BOG breakfast
Ohana dinner
La Hacienda dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
Cali Grill dinner
Jiko dinner
Hollywood & Vine breakfast (Fantasmic dining package)
Hollywood Brown Derby dinner

Not one question came up about sharing our credits with a family member dining with us who was not on the dining plan.

Just wanted to share our recent experience, Feb. 22-24 We had absolutely no problem with the DxDP and we used it several different ways since we had a split stay.

Day 1: 1 adult, 1 child on plan
Used 2 adult credits at La Hacienda and paid for kids OOP
Used 4 credits at Chef Mickeys for 2 adults and 2 kids

Day 2: 2 adults, 2 kids on plan
Used 6 credits at Cape May for 4 adults and 2 kids

Day 3: same plan from day 2
2 adult credits at Le Chefs de France, only paid OOP for kids drinks (kids ate the apps)
4 adult credits at Coral Reef, paid OOP for kids

I please ask that this thread stay open, many of us are counting on updates to know if we need to change our plans before we leave. Thank you!

If it’s closed it would be because it is a non issue

We had reports at the beginning of the year in a couple places. I haven’t seen any reports at all that this is still occurring. Which means it is not a new policy

If it’s closed it would be because it is a non issue

We had reports at the beginning of the year in a couple places. I haven’t seen any reports at all that this is still occurring. Which means it is not a new policy
oops, tried to quote the post on previous page about someone having trouble sharing at 50's and Tusker House just 2 days ago. Tusker House is new.

Thank you for taking the time to come back here and let us know :)

Just got back from 8 nights splitting the DxDP for three of us amongst 6 people. A couple CMs were confused why the dining plan was for 3 people but NO issues otherwise. We Ate at LTT, Tusker house breakfast and dinner, San Angel Inn, H&V breakfast, TRex cafe, Sci Fi, and crystal palace.

TRex let us order adult meals for the kids. Sci fi and San Angel inn did not.

Hope this helps, seems like this is no longer an issue until maybe the 2020 rules come out.

I please ask that this thread stay open, many of us are counting on updates to know if we need to change our plans before we leave. Thank you!

Agree. We don't go till September. I really need to know if this is working or not. I can't afford to be surprised when we get there.

So with the DxDP, if we book it for one room will we be allowed to share child credits with adults? We are a party of 6, split 2 (adult, child) and 4 (2 adults/2 children). We were thinking of adding it to the room with 2 and sharing amongst us all.

Today we successfully shared the dining plan at Hollywood and vine for lunch. This was one I was worried about as it had a lot of the early reports about sharing no longer being allowed. I am happy to report we had no issue.

We were a party of 7. Room 1 = 2 adults/2 kids with deluxe dining plan. Room 2 = 1 adult /2 kids without plan. When we sat down I said we would be paying with the dining plan. She scanned by ban and asked “one room or two on the plan?” I replied “just one room, but we want to treat our cousins to lunch.” She said sure! Without batting an eye.

Also no issues doing the same for dinner tonight at Maya grill. And here we were told the kids could order apps or entrees from either the kid or adult menu.

So with the DxDP, if we book it for one room will we be allowed to share child credits with adults? We are a party of 6, split 2 (adult, child) and 4 (2 adults/2 children). We were thinking of adding it to the room with 2 and sharing amongst us all.
No one is 100% sure. Back in Dec there were lots of people being denied. I myself was questioned at H&V paying for 2 adults with credits from a room with 1 adult and 2 children. The denials appear to have subsided but there have been sporadic reports of denials.

We had zero problems sharing our adult credits with another adult not on the dining plan (at the 9 restaurants we visited last week). I wonder if the issue going forward, and where Disney may clamp down on, is using a child credit to pay for an adult meal?

[/QU
Are you planning to buy any food out of pocket? I can’t imagine that you’d be able to only buy one adult meal and feed six people. At least not in my family!

Are you planning to buy any food out of pocket? I can’t imagine that you’d be able to only buy one adult meal and feed six people. At least not in my family!

They don't mean share a meal; they will share the credits. So let's say 2 people for 4 nights on DxDDP would be 24 credits to use on all 6 people.

We had zero problems sharing our adult credits with another adult not on the dining plan (at the 9 restaurants we visited last week). I wonder if the issue going forward, and where Disney may clamp down on, is using a child credit to pay for an adult meal?
I agree, I think THIS will be the problem. Honestly, I agree. If your kid needs to eat more then they should have to pay the adult price. Sharing adult credits with other adults not on the plan, I don’t think they overly care about.

I agree, I think THIS will be the problem. Honestly, I agree. If your kid needs to eat more then they should have to pay the adult price. Sharing adult credits with other adults not on the plan, I don’t think they overly care about.
It would be nice if Disney were to offer say a "lite eater" and a "regular eater" menu and prices accordingly instead of adult and child meals and prices. I know many adults that eat less than most kids and many kids that eat more than most adults. This would be a better setup for seniors as well, as they could have the smaller items if they don't eat a lot. Obviously if on a dining plan you would order off of whichever menu you chose when buying the plan and not everyone in the room would need to be on the same menu.

We are going in September with our 2 year old. We’ll have the Deluxe plan, and he can’t have one at all. I’m hoping we can share our credits with him so that we can order what we like and not always opt for the most “child-friendly” option on the menu! I want lobster at Narcoosees, and he won’t touch that, lol!

We are going in September with our 2 year old. We’ll have the Deluxe plan, and he can’t have one at all. I’m hoping we can share our credits with him so that we can order what we like and not always opt for the most “child-friendly” option on the menu! I want lobster at Narcoosees, and he won’t touch that, lol!

If he will eat something off the children’s menu, it makes sense to crunch the numbers about just paying for your little guy out of pocket. Your credits are worth a lot more than a kids meal is worth - now I personally know a 2 year old that could have finished a filet dinner and loved it, but if your little man is a nuggets kinda guy you might want to just pony up the $10 and save your credits for the adults. Even if you “waste” those deluxe credits on a quick service meal as a snack you can easily get a margarita that costs more than a kids meal plus nachos or whatever else as a snack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter