2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who ate only or primarily from the festival food booths during a day at EPCoT, how many snacks would you estimate you purchased? Or, to put it another way, how many festival snacks are equivalent to a day's worth of food?

For context, I am planning to attend the International Festival of the Holidays, and spend at least one day at EPCoT eating all of the amazing festival booth food! I'll be on the DDP and I'm wondering approximately how many snack credits to budget for that day.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I couldn't find it but 70 pages is a lot of posts to go through!

When we did a full day at F&W last year, we shared 2 plates and 2 drinks at each food booth between 4 adults over the course of the whole day. I think out of all the booths we only missed like 6 or 7 of them. We didnt feel crazy full until toward the very end of the day, and spaced out our beverages so we felt good but not "too good" lol. It was probably the most expensive day of the trip but it was AMAZING!

This website might help you plan - it's a list of all the food booths plus specialty items at the permanent locations during IFOH. I counted 12 booths offering food (AFAIK you can't use snack credits on alcohol) so at minimum you'd need that many snack credits to eat something at each holiday kitchen. More if you want to try the special items at the permanent food locations (i.e. the pumpkin spice funnel cake at the Funnel Cake stand, the specialty ice creams in Norway or france, etc).

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019-epcot-festival-of-the-holidays-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

This website might help you plan - it's a list of all the food booths plus specialty items at the permanent locations during IFOH. I counted 12 booths offering food (AFAIK you can't use snack credits on alcohol) so at minimum you'd need that many snack credits to eat something at each holiday kitchen.
Awesome! Thank you, this really helps!

Probably a dumb question or it’s already been answered but here we go.......Are all booths/exhibits open until park close? Are they still serving food and beverages until then? The day we are in Epcot, the park closes at 10. We wanted to make sure we took advantage in the evening.

Probably a dumb question or it’s already been answered but here we go.......Are all booths/exhibits open until park close? Are they still serving food and beverages until then? The day we are in Epcot, the park closes at 10. We wanted to make sure we took advantage in the evening.

I believe the food kiosks are open until the start of the fireworks show (currently EPCOT Forever). Emphasis on start, as in not open through the show. As I recall, food kiosks do NOT typically stay open for evening extra magic hours. The shops do stay open for EMH. I'm not sure about the merchandise kiosks around World Showcase. All this is my recollection, things change all the time so always pays to verify with a cast member. Hope you have a great trip!!

Parisian breakfast folks - I guess no gift bags this year? That made me sad. :( I loved the little goodies we used to get!
I've not attended this event but that's a bummer. Those little details - that are likely of little/no (if provided by vendor) cost to Disney - make such a difference in perception of value. I did the Wine vs. Beer event this year and there was a welcome drink (white sangria) while waiting to be seated as well as a parting gift (Italian cookies). I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for either in the future but that attention to detail and hospitality went a long way in my perception of the event and feeling cared for and valued as a guest.

I've not attended this event but that's a bummer. Those little details - that are likely of little/no (if provided by vendor) cost to Disney - make such a difference in perception of value. I did the Wine vs. Beer event this year and there was a welcome drink (white sangria) while waiting to be seated as well as a parting gift (Italian cookies). I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for either in the future but that attention to detail and hospitality went a long way in my perception of the event and feeling cared for and valued as a guest.
It’s definitely noticed, especially by repeat guests. I also noticed this year (my 4th time going) that I had to flag someone down for a drink 4 times over about an hour. I love this event, but I left feeling they’d completely ignored us for the first time.

For those of you who ate only or primarily from the festival food booths during a day at EPCoT, how many snacks would you estimate you purchased? Or, to put it another way, how many festival snacks are equivalent to a day's worth of food?

For context, I am planning to attend the International Festival of the Holidays, and spend at least one day at EPCoT eating all of the amazing festival booth food! I'll be on the DDP and I'm wondering approximately how many snack credits to budget for that day.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I couldn't find it but 70 pages is a lot of posts to go through!
i was not on the DDP, in our group we would split a lot of the items but most of the food was under $6 but i probably bought 6 or 7 food items but i spent a lot on the alcohol. i will be doing the festival of the holidays also in disney land!!

Sorry for that I'm sure is a repeat question. Are food booths open during evening extra magic hours?

We were just there a couple weeks ago and the booths closed as soon as the fireworks started at 9pm even on the nights that Epcot was open until 10pm.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and the booths closed as soon as the fireworks started at 9pm even on the nights that Epcot was open until 10pm.
I've seen them start closing before the fireworks even started. Once the cash register is gone, it's closed.

I knew when I purchased the tickets that things were subject to change but pretty disappointed that 3 of the celeb chefs that were initially advertised for tomorrow’s Party for the Senses are apparently no longer appearing (Rick Bayless, Tony Mantuano, Bryan Voltaggio). I’m sure it will still be fun and delicious but a bit of a bummer as I specifically selected this PFTS over the other dates just for the opportunity to “meet” them / try their food and have a better blend of “outside” and Disney chefs. Oh well. It’s still another opportunity to visit F&W!

I knew when I purchased the tickets that things were subject to change but pretty disappointed that 3 of the celeb chefs that were initially advertised for tomorrow’s Party for the Senses are apparently no longer appearing (Rick Bayless, Tony Mantuano, Bryan Voltaggio). I’m sure it will still be fun and delicious but a bit of a bummer as I specifically selected this PFTS over the other dates just for the opportunity to “meet” them / try their food and have a better blend of “outside” and Disney chefs. Oh well. It’s still another opportunity to visit F&W!
I can totally see how that would be somewhat disappointing. Fingers crossed you have a delicious as well as enjoyable time.:flower:

Last edited:
I wish they had a bette blend of Disney and outside chefs too but when we were there, we met Morimoto himself so no complaints. PFTS, despite the dramatic changes and price increases, remains my very favorite F&W event and probably one of my favorite evenings out all year. The booths have a few good things but as the prices go up, portion size goes down, we do fewer and fewer Epcot booth days. Once around the world is enough. We used to do it 3-4 times on a F&W trip.

Heh - Just come visit my town, Frederick Md, that's where Bryan Voltaggio is from and we have 2 of his restaurants. :)
Sorry that your plans didn't go through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter