2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Thanks for sharing all the photos! I've been so curious about what they'd be doing for this year's afternoon tea. Glad you had a great experience.

Happy to do so ! It's my favorite "me time" tradition as my DH doesn't care for tea or much sweets.
I've done just about every tea party they've offered aside from the 50th haunted mansion one I missed this year. I actually forgot to book my reservation when days became available and my dates were originally booked out. I lucked out a few weeks ago and got in, as this was the only one I hadn't done ( Holiday theme).

I always recommend it to everyone.

Whoa! I don’t think parking filled up yesterday 😳 I know parking isn’t always a good indicator of crowds but is it that bad today??

Attachments

• 45AD5BF3-5FFE-405E-8134-9E511BBD8127.png
    45AD5BF3-5FFE-405E-8134-9E511BBD8127.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 69
For those of you who don’t want to spend extra money for the WoC Season of Light dessert party I would recommend going to the 2nd showing at 10:15. You don’t need a FP for the 2nd show and I showed up 15 min before it started and got a spot right down the center at the front. Friday through Sunday are the only days with 2 showings per night though.

I was so happy to see the SoL version again. It’s been 2 years since it’s been showed with WoC’s long hiatus a year ago.

If our kids can’t make it to 10:15, would you recommend getting a fast pass? We may be able to make the 10:15..... dessert party is not in the budget this trip!

Does anyone know if Jack Skellington/Sandy Claws is doing meet & greets and if so where and when? Thanks

Whoa! I don’t think parking filled up yesterday 😳 I know parking isn’t always a good indicator of crowds but is it that bad today??
Well, yesterday was very crowded, but the lowest 2 passes were blocked (which is why we chose yesterday over today). Today, I was expecting the structures to close because of the combination of first weekend of Holiday Time + Deluxe/Flex reservations full for DL/SoCal unblocked + holiday weekend. Just adding the SoCal APs to the mix can really tip the scales... imagine if Select APs had been allowed in, too!

If our kids can’t make it to 10:15, would you recommend getting a fast pass? We may be able to make the 10:15..... dessert party is not in the budget this trip!
If you decide to get the free FPs, study the first post in the World of Color Superthread closely, especially the map of the viewing area. We've used the free FPs many times and had great viewing because we knew where we wanted to be and were willing to invest the time necessary to get and hold those spots (usually about 90 minutes). If you invest the time and know where to go, you'll have great viewing and really enjoy the show. With little ones, just know that the FPs do allow you to exit and re-enter the viewing area, so one adult can hold the spots while the other adult takes the littles to the restroom. And you can bring back snacks and drinks into the viewing area, too. When the show is about to start, you will be asked to stand up. Please don't put the kids on your shoulders (that blocks the view for rows behind you) -- put them on your hip instead -- if you can see, they'll be able to see (usually more than you think!). And strollers are allowed in the viewing area, too, which can help with holding your spots.

Last edited:

Well, yesterday was very crowded, but the lowest 2 passes were blocked (which is why we chose yesterday over today). Today, I was expecting the structures to close because of the combination of first weekend of Holiday Time + Deluxe/Flex reservations full for DL/SoCal unblocked + holiday weekend. Just adding the SoCal APs to the mix can really tip the scales... imagine if Select APs had been allowed in, too!
Totally forgot about the blockouts! Makes sense

We are here in DCA and it is very, very crowded. We have a dessert party reservation, and got here at around 4pm to enjoy some festive food and rides. I wouldn’t have stayed had we not had the reservation. I am hoping tomorrow will be less crowded. We will see!

If you decide to get the free FPs, study the first post in the World of Color Superthread closely, especially the map of the viewing area. We've used the free FPs many times and had great viewing because we knew where we wanted to be and were willing to invest the time necessary to get and hold those spots (usually about 90 minutes). If you invest the time and know where to go, you'll have great viewing and really enjoy the show. With little ones, just know that the FPs do allow you to exit and re-enter the viewing area, so one adult can hold the spots while the other adult takes the littles to the restroom. And you can bring back snacks and drinks into the viewing area, too. When the show is about to start, you will be asked to stand up. Please don't put the kids on your shoulders (that blocks the view for rows behind you) -- put them on your hip instead -- if you can see, they'll be able to see (usually more than you think!). And strollers are allowed in the viewing area, too, which can help with holding your spots.

Thank you..... this is very helpful. Holding the 3 year old is easy.... worried about the 9 year old. We’ve held off on doing WOC because it just seems so overwhelming to get a good spot, but I know that’s just because for us it’s new and I’m just not familiar with the details. I will definitely check out the thread and get familiar with the recommendations!

Has anyone braved the 'Holiday Time at Disneyland' Tour yet this year? I know it's gotten extremely mixed reviews in the past couple of years because they removed the front-of-the-line ride access to it. I've heard rumors that they'll be giving out FPs to both IASW and HMH on the tour this year in addition to the parade seating.

Thank you..... this is very helpful. Holding the 3 year old is easy.... worried about the 9 year old. We’ve held off on doing WOC because it just seems so overwhelming to get a good spot, but I know that’s just because for us it’s new and I’m just not familiar with the details. I will definitely check out the thread and get familiar with the recommendations!
Really study that map! If you are up at a railing, like on the bridge in the blue section or in the wet zone (super fun, just wear ponchos!), you won't need to worry about the 9 yo at all. I'm short and so is just about everyone else in my family, and we've never had a problem viewing when DH and I plan for the viewing spots in any section, free or dining package or Dessert Party. The one (and last!) time we let friends choose the spot? Whole different story...
Just be aware that WOC can be loud, so if the little ones are fearful or sensitive, use earmuffs or ear plugs. Youngest was very afraid of the fire jets and LOUD music for a while, even though he really loved the show. So we would do practice runs from behind the viewing area and by the Swings for a while until he got to the point where he knew what to expect and could relax and enjoy the show.

Last edited:
Has anyone braved the 'Holiday Time at Disneyland' Tour yet this year? I know it's gotten extremely mixed reviews in the past couple of years because they removed the front-of-the-line ride access to it. I've heard rumors that they'll be giving out FPs to both IASW and HMH on the tour this year in addition to the parade seating.
We are wondering about this, too, and are eagerly waiting for reviews!

We got our xmas tree popcorn bucket tonight, we’ll worth the 20+ minute line. It might be the best ever. We didn’t get the jingle bell Mickey supper yet, next trip!

They also had the Pluto holiday, alien holiday, oogie boogie, and a few other plastic round print buckets that I don’t recall the theme. We only noticed the xmas tree bucket on the Disneyland side while Alien was at both DCA and Disneyland. Enjoy your popcorn everyone!

Really study that map! If you are up at a railing, like on the bridge in the blue section or in the wet zone (super fun, just wear ponchos!), you won't need to worry about the 9 yo at all. I'm short and so is just about everyone else in my family, and we've never had a problem viewing when DH and I plan for the viewing spots in any section, free or dining package or Dessert Party. The one (and last!) time we let friends choose the spot? Whole different story...
Just be aware that WOC can be loud, so if the little ones are fearful or sensitive, use earmuffs or ear plugs. Youngest was very afraid of the fire jets and LOUD music for a while, even though he really loved the show. So we would do practice runs from behind the viewing area and by the Swings for a while until he got to the point where he knew what to expect and could relax and enjoy the show.

I have homework to do!!!!!!

I don’t even know what the Christmas tree popcorn bucket is, but after reading this thread I feel like we need one!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂
Yep! I need one as well... and I think I need the sipper too...

And after watching „nightmare before Christmas“ last week for the first time I wanna meet Jack Skellington/Sandy Claws as well! I am really looking forward to the haunted mansion with the Holiday overlay... I hope I understand it better now that I know the movie (I rode the haunted mansion with overlay a couple of years ago but didn’t really like it because I didn’t understand it)

I just did the "Holiday Time" tour on Sat. We did not get FP for either attraction. We received 2 treats and delicious cocoa in a souvenir holiday mug. The pin is lovely and quite big. I won't ruin the surprise and show it. The seating is right in front of IASW, makes the whole tour. I do not know if its guaranteed, but they did take us on an attraction. Overall, I enjoyed the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!