NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

They are dates using the European date format, so 28.5. is 5/28, 12.7. is 7/12.

If you google the ports in Norway you should be able to find their lists of cruise arrivals. Last year the Norwegian ports were very good at keeping DCL out of their schedules until the itineraries were released. I would guess that the earliest cruise to Norway could be in late July with the ship being in Rome on 7/12, then having to go to Barcelona most likely, then a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Dover (just a guess...). As I said before, it looks like the 2019 summer will be similar to the 2018 summer for the Magic.

Thank you so much for this info! Yes I'm thinking the same that the 2019 dates will likely look similar to 2018...crossings my fingers they'll offer a Norwegian Fjords when we'll be able to do it but if not we're going to do the Mediterannean.

Thank you so much for this info! Yes I'm thinking the same that the 2019 dates will likely look similar to 2018...crossings my fingers they'll offer a Norwegian Fjords when we'll be able to do it but if not we're going to do the Mediterannean.

I think the Med cruises will have a little bit of a mix up with the itineraries if the info from Rome is correct as there are new ports in the mix, so even if Norway does not work out, there might be something else that is interesting for you!

Scott Sanders from the unofficial Disney Cruise Line Blog tweeted that The Fantasy is showing in Falmouth (Jamaica) up to 2021.

https://twitter.com/thedclblog/status/908387398169583616

Must be working out well then... we are supposed to go there Dec 2018 but I admit some people's opinions on it have me skeptical.

Edit: checked his twitter and he is also saying there are two more storms brewing in the Atlantic that might develop over the next 5 days.. I hope not!!

Edit: checked his twitter and he is also saying there are two more storms brewing in the Atlantic that might develop over the next 5 days.. I hope not!!

Me too, but sadly ''tis the season.

And the water in the Atlantic has been freakishly warm this summer. At least in NC in August it was bath water temps. That always helps them develop. :(

I read this announcement on another website.
  • Due to weather complications that affected the Caribbean during Hurricane Irma and forced the premature docking of two cruises and the cancellation of three others, Disney Cruise Line has offered affected guests a 25% discount on future reservations. Here are a few details for anyone who may be eligible for the discount:
  • Disney Cruise Line has extended the booking window to a 90-day period encompassing dates between September 18th and December 18th, 2017.
  • Guest using the offer will receive half off their initial deposit at time of booking.
  • The offer is only valid for sailings taking place up through the end of 2018.
  • The offer may not be used in combination with the on-board booking offer.
I'm curious if this will affect the release of 2019 itineraries and how it will affect it? There was been discussion here about the possible dates of the release from as early as October to as late as December. Does this announcement confirm that the release won't occur until December? Really hoping to book a cruise during my Spring Break in 2019.

Thanks for this thread! Looking to book an Alaska cruise for late summer '19. I'll definitely follow this thread and hope for a February release of dates. Will be sailing on the Dream in January, a shame the dates won't be released then.

I read this announcement on another website.
  • Due to weather complications that affected the Caribbean during Hurricane Irma and forced the premature docking of two cruises and the cancellation of three others, Disney Cruise Line has offered affected guests a 25% discount on future reservations. Here are a few details for anyone who may be eligible for the discount:
  • Disney Cruise Line has extended the booking window to a 90-day period encompassing dates between September 18th and December 18th, 2017.
  • Guest using the offer will receive half off their initial deposit at time of booking.
  • The offer is only valid for sailings taking place up through the end of 2018.
  • The offer may not be used in combination with the on-board booking offer.
I'm curious if this will affect the release of 2019 itineraries and how it will affect it? There was been discussion here about the possible dates of the release from as early as October to as late as December. Does this announcement confirm that the release won't occur until December? Really hoping to book a cruise during my Spring Break in 2019.

It is all just speculation. I personally think with the extension to December it is less likely that this will have any effect on when DCL will release itineraries. But with the Eastern Caribbean about to get another hit now from Hurricane Maria, I think the situation in those ports might be something that could delay a release. Since this is a bit of a unique situation it will be difficult to figure out this year as to when the release will happen. If you use a travel agent for cruise booking, let them know that you want to be notified about new releases. Also, following DCL on Facebook should give you info about new releases as they post about it there as well. And of course this thread!! I would recommend to check on Fridays as the release ought to be on a Thursday with booking beginning on Monday for Platinum CC members.

Thanks for this thread! Looking to book an Alaska cruise for late summer '19. I'll definitely follow this thread and hope for a February release of dates. Will be sailing on the Dream in January, a shame the dates won't be released then.

Remember that you can book a placeholder on the Dream. With this you can book your Alaska cruise once it comes out and get all the onboard booking benefits!

It is all just speculation. I personally think with the extension to December it is less likely that this will have any effect on when DCL will release itineraries. But with the Eastern Caribbean about to get another hit now from Hurricane Maria, I think the situation in those ports might be something that could delay a release. Since this is a bit of a unique situation it will be difficult to figure out this year as to when the release will happen. If you use a travel agent for cruise booking, let them know that you want to be notified about new releases. Also, following DCL on Facebook should give you info about new releases as they post about it there as well. And of course this thread!! I would recommend to check on Fridays as the release ought to be on a Thursday with booking beginning on Monday for Platinum CC members.

Thank you for your answer. This has been quite a year for the people of the Caribbean and I pray for their safety and recovery.

Thank you for your answer. This has been quite a year for the people of the Caribbean and I pray for their safety and recovery.

I agree. It is heartbreaking to see the pictures from places where I have such wonderful vacation memories from. I really hope that it looks worse than it is and that cruises will be able to get back there as soon as possible because they depend so much on tourism. But I am very afraid that it will be a long process to recovery!

rumors, port sightings and such:

Disney Magic:

The first two cruises seem to follow the standard 7-night Med itinerary, but then things get interesting. There are 10 days between vist 2 and 3, then 8 nights between visit 3 and 4, then 10 nights again between visits 4 and 5 as well as 5 and 6. This seems to indicate some kind of change up of itineraries, possibly more longer cruises (10-nights?) and there are also different ports included. Salerno is slightly south of Naples, so might be an alternative port for Naples, but Ajaccio is on Corsica, so definitely not the typical DCL port. Not sure if they have ever been there?!

awww man, I was really hoping for more of the one way cruises at the beginning. Our 24 months is 6/1/19 :sad:

awww man, I was really hoping for more of the one way cruises at the beginning. Our 24 months is 6/1/19 :sad:

Maybe you need to add in a quick visit to the Dream to get a new placeholder that is valid for longer... :rotfl: That's typical fuzzy Disney Math!! :littleangel:

rumors, port sightings and such:

Disney Magic:
shows in the Civitavecchia/Rome port calendar on several dates in 2019:
28.5. (destination Livorno)
4.6. (destination Livorno)
14.6. (destination Salerno)
22.6. (destination Salerno)
2.7. (destination Ajaccio)
12.7. (destination Barcelona)
(thanks to @fjjc for finding this!)

A few interesting observations can be gained from this in my opinion:

The first two cruises seem to follow the standard 7-night Med itinerary, but then things get interesting. There are 10 days between vist 2 and 3, then 8 nights between visit 3 and 4, then 10 nights again between visits 4 and 5 as well as 5 and 6. This seems to indicate some kind of change up of itineraries, possibly more longer cruises (10-nights?) and there are also different ports included. Salerno is slightly south of Naples, so might be an alternative port for Naples, but Ajaccio is on Corsica, so definitely not the typical DCL port. Not sure if they have ever been there?

And it appears that once again they follow the 2018 pattern of doing Med first and then Northern Europe in late July and August.

Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy:
nothing to report yet!

Hadn't checked here in a while. Thanks for all the great info! We are looking for a summer 2019 cruise and just trying to be patient. :) I was just thinking about our stop in Ajaccio with Disney in 2010 on our first cruise, and wondering when they might go back. We had a lovely day there just walking around town, hanging out at the beach not far from the terminal and having a yummy lunch on the promenade by the sea. We even let our 3 month old gnaw on some French bread - her first taste of food! Such great memories! Just a litle fact: Ajaccio is the bithplace of Napoleon.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Leaning towards a cruise in 2019 but not 100% sure yet. Last time we went without the kids and they really, really want to go!

Kind of bummed, if my research holds true, the first week of April 2019 on the Fantasy will be a Western Caribbean itinerary. . I so want an Eastern. Spring break week for us, so no swapping weeks, it's fixed. But, a day at Sea on a DCL is a Great day

I have a place holder that expires August 2019 so I too am anxiously awaiting the 2019 cruise season! Can anyone speak the river cruises? I believe they partnered with AmaWaterways. I'd be interested in thoughts on the river cruises.

I have a place holder that expires August 2019 so I too am anxiously awaiting the 2019 cruise season! Can anyone speak the river cruises? I believe they partnered with AmaWaterways. I'd be interested in thoughts on the river cruises.

Aren't the river cruises run through Adventures by Disney? They are definitely not associated with Disney Cruise Line so you won't be able to use a placeholder on a booking for them unfortunately. It's too bad there isn't a lot of info out there on these river cruises, I don't think I've seen one trip report! Maybe check out the Adventures by Disney board on here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!