2019 Military Promotion

thepak92

Cyarlsn
Hey all, has anyone heard if DoD Civilians will be qualified for 2019 Military Promotion rates, or will it just be active/retirees? Thanks in advance

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2019/

Look here. WDW site notes: "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. Military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Spouses of Military Service Members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps Members.

Looks like DoD civilians do not qualify.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2019/

Look here. WDW site notes: "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. Military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Spouses of Military Service Members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps Members.

Looks like DoD civilians do not qualify.

I am surprised because DOD employees used to qualify. I think the NOAA people are new to the list.

Military Disney tips .com - the guy who runs that site does a great job of explaining all the fine print for all things Disney + military

EDIT: A reminder that when posting info referring to another website to please post the actual website www.militarydisneytips.com if the site happens to be filtered, it would appear as **********

Thanks,

Chuck S

Last edited by a moderator:

Does anyone know...once you get to Disney and go to activate the tickets, can you add a day or two, like with regular tickets? I'll have a DVC AP, but the rest of the group would need 7 day tickets, a retired military Lt. Col., his ex-wife, son and grand-daughter are going with me in June...he can purchase the tickets (I assume) at Randolph AFB in San Antonio.

No, cannot add days but you can buy another ticket as long as you don’t go over the ticket limit. The limit is six per household or service member per year.

No, cannot add days but you can buy another ticket as long as you don’t go over the ticket limit. The limit is six per household or service member per year.
Well, he would need 8, and by the time you add some 2 day base tickets into the mix, it may be cheaper just to go with 7 day base tickets. I'll have to look at pricing.

EDIT: Yep, it is $30 cheaper per person to just buy 7 day base tickets than a 5 day military and 2 day base ticket.

Last edited:

I have a question: when is someone considered military?

My son is signing onto the Navy this week and will head to boot camp after he graduates HS in June. We are going on a "last" family trip to celebrate his graduation and going into the service. Does he qualify for the ticket as he is a recruit heading to boot camp? Thanks

I have a question: when is someone considered military?

My son is signing onto the Navy this week and will head to boot camp after he graduates HS in June. We are going on a "last" family trip to celebrate his graduation and going into the service. Does he qualify for the ticket as he is a recruit heading to boot camp? Thanks

I could be wrong but I think he’ll be in some kind of inactive status until he ships to boot camp. As a practical matter, he probably will not be able to get these tickets until he is issued a military ID card. If I remember correctly, the deeply discounted military tickets must be purchased in person on a military base. He will need an ID card to get on base and buy the tickets. There are “military discount” tickets that some base morale, welfare, and recreation offices will sell over the phone and ship to you, but those discounts are pretty comparable to the discount tickets you can find online. I would have your son check with his recruiter to see when his military ID card will be issued, my guess is that it will be at boot camp. If someone has some current information please feel free to correct me, I separated from the military four years ago.

I could be wrong but I think he’ll be in some kind of inactive status until he ships to boot camp. As a practical matter, he probably will not be able to get these tickets until he is issued a military ID card. If I remember correctly, the deeply discounted military tickets must be purchased in person on a military base. He will need an ID card to get on base and buy the tickets. There are “military discount” tickets that some base morale, welfare, and recreation offices will sell over the phone and ship to you, but those discounts are pretty comparable to the discount tickets you can find online. I would have your son check with his recruiter to see when his military ID card will be issued, my guess is that it will be at boot camp. If someone has some current information please feel free to correct me, I separated from the military four years ago.

Thanks, my overall thought was probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter