2020 dining plan- credits are now adult and child specific

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. When you make changes to a package, it brings up the current ticket prices for all guests. There was a ticket price increase recently. That could easily be $150 for the room. If this is the case, I would consider weather you would spend $150 in additional food for your child.

I don’t think this is exactly correct. When I went to make changes in my reservation, it did not bring up new prices based on today’s pricing. I paid an additional $19 per kid to age them up to disney adults which is what I expected. I didn’t pay any more for the rest of us to reflect today’s ticket pricing.

I don’t think this is exactly correct. When I went to make changes in my reservation, it did not bring up new prices based on today’s pricing. I paid an additional $19 per kid to age them up to disney adults which is what I expected. I didn’t pay any more for the rest of us to reflect today’s ticket pricing.
Do you have a Bounceback? Those, you *have* to call in to make changes. The PP said he has a Bounceback. Everything I’ve read in the Bounceback thread is that any price increases are applied (room/tix) when you make changes.

It does sound like if you can do it online without calling, you may be able to catch a break. Thanks for reporting!

Do you have a Bounceback? Those, you *have* to call in to make changes. The PP said he has a Bounceback. Everything I’ve read in the Bounceback thread is that any price increases are applied (room/tix) when you make changes.

It does sound like if you can do it online without calling, you may be able to catch a break. Thanks for reporting!

I missed the bounce back part! Perhaps making a change to a bounce back reservation is akin to making a brand new ressie which doesn’t seem right tbh.

Disney Mom's Panel is not OFFICIAL Disney literature. It is their experience, just like it has been the experience of every poster here on the DIS, but it's not on the Disney PDF as any kind of benefit or use of the DDP.

They volunteer at Disney, like ambassadors. They are required to give accurate information. I quoted from there as it was a much easier read than all the dining plan info.

Always being on the deluxe plan, I have always traded in my left over credits for 3 snacks per credit, often with comments about it being a shame they were deluxe, not QS, but still he same 3 snack credits. Doesnt matter to me. We have traded in Epcot, resorts and Disney Springs. Its never an issue.

I have found the Mom's Panel to be inaccurate on several different subjects in the past.

yes I have seen many inaccurate answers from them too. I honestly wouldn’t trust them any more than a person at the call center. Honestly people on here tend to have the most accurate info as you well know. I have shocked guest services employees when I have emailed about info I heard here before. I knew things before they did about upcoming changes.

We book bouncebacks every year and have had a handful of years (last yr included) in which we've made changes and we've never been charged the new tix price. As long as your lead guest doesn't change; your reservation should remain the same etc. We've changed guests, added guests, moved dates, moved hotels and have never been charged new tix prices unless we've changed the lead guest.

I missed the bounce back part! Perhaps making a change to a bounce back reservation is akin to making a brand new ressie which doesn’t seem right tbh.
Its not and should not be. I think that op haf upgraded from free qs dining to regular dining and either forgot, didn't know they had etc. and so when they changed their 9 year to 10 had to pay the difference of upgrading an adult which is pricey.

My question is now that kids must order kid menu items does that mean they can't order specialty drinks like milkshakes etc and are only limited to the drink option of the kid combo for qs meals?

My question is now that kids must order kid menu items does that mean they can't order specialty drinks like milkshakes etc and are only limited to the drink option of the kid combo for qs meals?

As of now this is a YMMV type thing and will probably not be consistent. So, no matter what someone's experience is today, yours could be totally different tomorrow, even at the same restaurants.

FWIW, it does seem like they are mostly restricted to what is on the kid's menu at both TS and QS. They can always sub a soda for whatever is on their menu, but the other things are iffy at best.

In a lot of cases the kids' specialty drinks come in souvenir cups or with souvenir items (like the glow cubes) which the DDP states are not included - it's still a YMMV situation, in the past I've seen folks able to get glow cubes in the kids drinks when using the DDP but it's been a while. If the milkshakes etc are not specifically on the kids menu, it doesn't appear that the registers have a way of ringing that up as part of a kids meal.

I do hope that they take the feedback from guests and expand the offerings on the kids menus, but who knows.

It would be lovely to offer a mini milkshake or smoothie

side note, a milk shake would not fit into the ‘healthy’ mickey check meals. And the current price point will never be an option for a kid when their dining plan prices are so low 🤷‍♀️

Disney just changed their wording this week on the dining plans. It now says guests 10 and older are able to get a specialty beverage. It did not say this earlier this week. Also, I just received a response from guest services right before this new wording showed up on their website, and the response from guest services was all guests are able to order specialty beverages. I can’t believe they are taking this option away from kids, the ones who are most likely to want a milkshake or smoothie with their meal. It seems like a clear money grab. If the whole family can order a special drink, but your 9 year old is sitting there not able to, people will be paying out of pocket for a drink that should be included.

Also, I would think of changing my child’s age to 10, but with how things are going I’m afraid he wouldn’t be able to order off the child’s menu when he wants to.

Last edited:
How will this play out since i bought the dining plan before the wording changed? Can i still order milkshake for DS3?

We were recently on the DxDP in early February. At Skipper Canteen, I was asking the server about the drink options for DS3 and was told he could order a non-alcoholic specialty drink from the adult menu, so we got him a boba drink that he loved. I'm pretty sure we also got a milk for DD1 and weren't charged for it. Also, the kids meal here was huge and could've easily fed an adult, and they had several good options that were similar to adult meals.

By the way, they had a Brazilian cheese bread appetizer that wasn't on the menu and it was really good. Hopefully it sticks around.

We were recently on the DxDP in early February. At Skipper Canteen, I was asking the server about the drink options for DS3 and was told he could order a non-alcoholic specialty drink from the adult menu, so we got him a boba drink that he loved. I'm pretty sure we also got a milk for DD1 and weren't charged for it. Also, the kids meal here was huge and could've easily fed an adult, and they had several good options that were similar to adult meals.

By the way, they had a Brazilian cheese bread appetizer that wasn't on the menu and it was really good. Hopefully it sticks around.

we had that app last June and loved it too! Glad it is still there

There's no reason that my 10 year old and I can't order non-alcoholic drinks and get an extra cup so we can share them with his younger sisters right? I feel like not letting my oldest take advantage of any specialty drinks a waste his his dining plan is so expensive but I don't want to pay extra for my girls to also get them.

There's no reason that my 10 year old and I can't order non-alcoholic drinks and get an extra cup so we can share them with his younger sisters right? I feel like not letting my oldest take advantage of any specialty drinks a waste his his dining plan is so expensive but I don't want to pay extra for my girls to also get them.

Yes, this should be perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter