2020 Discounts

I also used the Visa discount and saved 10% off of every night at PP. I was pleasantly surprised that it included Fri-Sun (since Monday is a holiday). Would have loved to book DH since weekends are almost never discounted there but difference is $500. Usually I would splurge anyway but trying to save where we can for this trip.

Did you rebooked by phone? Or did you have to cancel the previous and do another one?
I just booked a new reservation online and will have to call to cancel the old one. I did not have time to be on the phone with them this morning to add it to my current reservation. Now I am thinking I should just apply for the Disney Visa since the annual fee is $49 and the savings would be almost $350 if I can get the discount on Friday and Saturday nights. How long will it take for me to get the card so I can use it to book a reservation after I apply?

I just booked a new reservation online and will have to call to cancel the old one. I did not have time to be on the phone with them this morning to add it to my current reservation. Now I am thinking I should just apply for the Disney Visa since the annual fee is $49 and the savings would be almost $350 if I can get the discount on Friday and Saturday nights. How long will it take for me to get the card so I can use it to book a reservation after I apply?
I called them and they could add the discount. As I don't live in USA, I can't have a Disney Visa card so my discount was US$ 282,90 for 02/06 - 02/13 at PP Premium View. With the Visa it would be US$ 401,90.

Our cards took about 7-9 business days to receive in the mail (added authorized users at different times!). We live in Oregon. However, we have a PO Box and don't check it everyday, so that time frame could be shorter! We also app'd at our physical Chase branch.

My Disney Visa doesn’t have an annual fee. There must be different types.

I called today and they said the system wasn’t updated and couldn’t apply the discounted rooms? They said to call back tonight???

Thanks for the heads-up
Booked, 3 nights Disneyland Hotel in early March followed by 2 nights in GCH studio villa we booked earlier on points.
Boys trip

Ok, here is the update. I was about to apply for the Disney Visa (OP is correct there is a no annual fee version that has a lower statement credit for opening the card and lower rewards %) when I clicked on "all offers" on the DLR site. It showed the general offer (excludes Friday and Saturday nights), the Visa offer (includes Friday and Saturday nights), AND and AP offer which is the same as the Visa offer (includes Friday and Saturday nights), as well as one FP per person and one $20 dining certificate per reservation! WOOT!! I just upgraded to the FlexPass a few weeks ago when we were there for Halloween, so I got to use the AP discount, saving $508 on the room at GCH!!! The FP and dining certificate aren't much, but the AP discount applying to Friday and Saturday nights was a big additional savings for us! And I didn't have to apply for (and wait for) a Disney Visa that I really didn't want. YAY! Go get your AP discount if you have one!!!

I called and they were able to apply the deposit from the room I had booked this morning to the AP rate room, and then I cancelled my rack rate reservation and they will refund the deposit on that room. Hold time was zero minutes when I just called, which I was surprised about!

Are you able to get an AP rate for part of a stay? We are going Wed-Saturday so I'm curious if I can call and get the AP rate for the Wed & Thursday? Thanks!

Are you able to get an AP rate for part of a stay? We are going Wed-Saturday so I'm curious if I can call and get the AP rate for the Wed & Thursday? Thanks!
Yes the AP rate applies to almost all days, and it did work for me for Fri-Monday! YAY! You can check availability and book the AP online if you don't want to call.

I'm bumping this up since it talks about Disney Visa Discounts. Does anyone know when a Disney Visa Discount for late May could be released? I know there are current general discounts out there, but they are only Sunday to Thursday. I'm going to book our room with that but really want to try and get the Disney Visa discount since it will cover our entire stay.

I'm bumping this up since it talks about Disney Visa Discounts. Does anyone know when a Disney Visa Discount for late May could be released? I know there are current general discounts out there, but they are only Sunday to Thursday. I'm going to book our room with that but really want to try and get the Disney Visa discount since it will cover our entire stay.
Do the Disney Visa discounts always cover all days? I thought they sometimes excluded Fri/Sat nights as well?

Do the Disney Visa discounts always cover all days? I thought they sometimes excluded Fri/Sat nights as well?

The early 2020 Visa discount is the first time I’ve ever seen that discount include weekends. (Not saying they’ve never done it before, but I’ve never noticed it in the last 4 or so years). So I don’t know if that was a one-time thing or if they will be doing it again.

The early 2020 Visa discount is the first time I’ve ever seen that discount include weekends. (Not saying they’ve never done it before, but I’ve never noticed it in the last 4 or so years). So I don’t know if that was a one-time thing or if they will be doing it again.
I was thinking the same thing. I was very shocked that the Visa (and the AP) discounts included weekends this spring, and I took advantage! But I thought that was the exception.

Is there a thread or link someone has for the historical discounts? I thought I remembered seeing one but now I can't find it.

Is there a thread or link someone has for the historical discounts? I thought I remembered seeing one but now I can't find it.

Mouse Savers has historical discounts info for Walt Disney World, but I couldn't locate them for Disneyland. I'm not super hopeful that we'll see a VISA discount with weekends for the summer, but I hope so. The difference would be huge for my trip if that happened.

If I were to book a Disney hotel for the summer and they came out with a VISA rate, could they apply the new rate to my current reservation, or can they only do I have to make a new reservation and cancel my existing? If they can adjust the rate, does it matter if I booked through Costco?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!