2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

As of now, site 142... looked at it on google maps... looks like one of smaller ones, but really hard to figure anything out for sure with trees and shadows... looks cozy with neighbors (for Moose Hillock and their tag line about nature not your neighbors... lol). We’ll see!

Ok, i need advice here people. I need to be on a zoom type meeting monday night. My questions are:
1) will the campground wifi, be enough or
2) will att cell phone service be enough or
3) any other way that campers can get wifi?
I would be willing to pay, beg borrow or steel for this.
If none of these options work , i will have to come in on Tuesday. The meeting is a swaring in ceremony during a town council meeting.

Thanks.

Campground does not have WiFi, we have Verizon and only had two bars. Didn’t try to do any streaming. Also have ATT on my other phone but didn’t look at the signal strength. Here are the WiFi options from last month.

4AE96E0C-8EE6-42E6-896B-97A724A743D0.jpeg

Im screwed if i dont jave internet or cell service. Oh, well screw it. Maybe i can rent a hotel room for a night? Lol.

Ty, ill do my best to have an alternative. I posted on the other thread i might be getting my promotion finally. We had the interview today, during the tropical storm. I lost internet, phone etc. I was interviwing outside in the rain and wind at the end of it to try and get service. Lol. So i lt was a mess. But now its done and they want me to take the oath over the internet on monday. So, i kinda need to do it. Btw, i am now a Deputy Chief! So thats good news.

And no power, ive been on gas generator since 12 pm. So if i dont post i have no conection.

Ugh... we are one of 560,000+ Eversource customers out of power in CT. I have a bad feeling it will be many, many days before restoration. Was supposed to leave Friday for our trip that ends up at Moose, but will have to delay our departure and cut out stuff unless power is restored. Previously with half mil plus numbers of outages I have seen a week to get power back here :scared: Once power is back take at least a day to organize to leave, so will just have to go a day at a time. We are good here personally and property-wise. Do have portable generator hooked up to house, perfect in winter when don’t need A/C for 90 degree days, but not gonna be great with that level of heat forecast to return tomorrow. I think I can run one zone (one set for upstairs and one for downstairs) condenser/air handler to cool off said area of home so long as I turn off all the other circuits and turn on only one A/C system’s circuit breakers. Unfortunately I do not know the starting and continuous wattage ratings of the units and have not been able to get an answer from Rheem thus far. The generator is 7000 continuous and 8250 starting/surge watts. One unit is 2 ton and the other is 2 1/2 ton. Fun times...

Ugh... we are one of 560,000+ Eversource customers out of power in CT. I have a bad feeling it will be many, many days before restoration. Was supposed to leave Friday for our trip that ends up at Moose, but will have to delay our departure and cut out stuff unless power is restored. Previously with half mil plus numbers of outages I have seen a week to get power back here :scared: Once power is back take at least a day to organize to leave, so will just have to go a day at a time. We are good here personally and property-wise. Do have portable generator hooked up to house, perfect in winter when don’t need A/C for 90 degree days, but not gonna be great with that level of heat forecast to return tomorrow. I think I can run one zone (one set for upstairs and one for downstairs) condenser/air handler to cool off said area of home so long as I turn off all the other circuits and turn on only one A/C system’s circuit breakers. Unfortunately I do not know the starting and continuous wattage ratings of the units and have not been able to get an answer from Rheem thus far. The generator is 7000 continuous and 8250 starting/surge watts. One unit is 2 ton and the other is 2 1/2 ton. Fun times...
Didnt even think of that. Ugggg.

No power still, i am holed up in the camper. The generator, while loud gives me power for the inside houae fridge, camper ac , and television, and whatever the neighbor have pliged into it. Lol.

Here’s what is crazy... power lost Tuesday at 2 PM... before dark the storm was gone. I don’t know if power will be restored in time to get to Moose 8 days later... cancelled my Battlefield KOA for this weekend earlier today.

I got an update for mine, estimated date for power is tuesday next week at 1130 pm. Lol. I am not staying here that long. I'll kill everyrhing in the house and leave first. I'm already making a trip dailly to the gas station. Ill see tou guys at the campground. The cats may have to make there first trip.

We are on our way. Spending the night at rest area in New York on I90. Will hit Walmart on the way for snackerels and whatnot. Should be checking in around 1ish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter