2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

For some reason I thought you traded up to a 5th wheel a few years ago, guess thats what happens when you get old.

Nope just a slightly larger TT. Our Kodiak was 30 feet and 6,000 pounds wet. The Reflection is 36 feet and 9500 wet. When we were looking at trailers we did look at 5ers. My truck has the optional 5er/GN prep package. It has the puck system plus a 7 pin in the bed for electrical trailer connection. Anyway, during our shopping trip, Elizabeth and I looked at about 6 5ers. We liked them except for the lower bedroom roof line. Being 6'1" I was not a fan of the low roof especially when I came out of the Kodiak with a 6'3" /4" cannot remember but it was low. Our current trailer I think is 6'10" from front to back. So it much more airy inside. Our current trailer we loved the layout. It's really nice. DD has her bunk room with nearly full sized bunk beds. We have the dedicated bedroom. The bathroom is much larger than what we had before plus I can actually take a shower. The toilet is not on top of the sink counter. Plus did I mention storage? We have tons of it. We could stock up for a week and half trip without a problem. The Kodiak, we had stuff everywhere. When we would bring down bags like in 2014, it was a pain to store for the trip as well as for those coming down later. If I had to do a 2 weeker again, it would not be a problem.

Ok my swering in went good. I had to park outside by the pool area to pick up the wi fi. I couldn't get out of the truck or the backround would be the pool music and or the air hockey sounds. So at the end it looked like i steped out of the blair witch project on the screen. All black backround with a floating head and an led light across my face to read my notes. Lol. I'm officially a Deputy Chief now. :dogdance:

Cant wait to meet up with everyone, that being said, how does thursday afternoon/evening sound. Hate to be the wrench in the works, but I'm rolling out Saturday am and would hate to cut anything short. Thoughts?

Im in for anything. Kido mostly hets ready for bed around 830 ish. So nightlife for us is not usally an issue.

Cant wait to meet up with everyone, that being said, how does thursday afternoon/evening sound. Hate to be the wrench in the works, but I'm rolling out Saturday am and would hate to cut anything short. Thoughts?

I am sure we can make this work for us...certainly evening not a problem.

At Treman State Park in Ithaca, NY. Last stop before Moose. Site E10. Swam and climbed waterfalls at the swimming area today. Been coming here since
was kid!

Wife and I

92DFF845-BB8C-4170-BFB0-2569327BD524.jpeg

Youngest son climbing/walking falls (as older son and I did as well)

808B65D1-C86E-4954-8CF2-7D251995C141.jpeg

Site E10
7ED690CC-07FE-4320-BC6C-6F9BFDD7F892.jpeg

See you Wednesday. Reading tomorrow’s updates until then!

Trip so far,
Sunday we drove to Lake George to look around. After a 20 minute drive to get 6 blocks, we turned around and went back and swam and ate dinner.

Monday back to Lake George. Much different, light crowds easy parking. Walked the shops and checked on pricing for a pontoon boat. Then it started to sprinkle, then rain and more rain and more rain. Wasn't even in the forecast. After the rain around 7ish, we had dinner and dried everything off.

Today we're gonna drive to Vermont cuz it's close by and then probably pool for the rest of the day

Monday back to Lake George. Much different, light crowds easy parking. Walked the shops and checked on pricing for a pontoon boat.

Glad the weekdays won’t be so bad. Was the boat pricing a bit crazy or not too bad?

RE: rain

Had same experience here (sort of)... started sprinkling as set up, on radar a single large storm built up and hung around here, but was done after about 2 hours and swimming re opened and rest of evening beautiful.

Glad the weekdays won’t be so bad. Was the boat pricing a bit crazy or not too bad?
Not bad it's buy 2 hours get 1 free, so we are buying 4 and getting 2 free. Its about $550 for the 4 hours/6 hour deal for the 10 person and there are 7 of us going. Ive not had experience renting before but seems pretty decent

Looks like I have dinner plans on Thursday night. A friend of mine and his girlfriend are in the area. We ran into them today in Lake Placid. They are staying in Lake George somewhere and invited us out for dinner. I also found out he moved into the same town I live in but on the other side. So I will be running into I'm more often.

Thursday afternoon/evening works for us or any other day. :thumbsup2

Finished our grocery shopping for the MH and will be heading out around 10:45 for a 2:00 checkin tomorrow. :car: See ya soon

Ok , so restaurants are packed early. It seems a lot of places chose to close mon, tues, wed, for the covid. So , make reservations if you want to eat out. Its a madhouse trying to get into a place to eat. And my go to places that are usally open are closed.

My son’s 14 b-day is Thursday, so will be doing something for him that day (dining of his choice), plus we have ice cream cake for his b-day that we just bought at local place here, but will still make sure to visit in evening at least. I’m not sure exactly what the Thursday schedule will be with that.

Btw, i am now a Deputy Chief! So thats good news.

giphy.gif

Good for you, Sjm9911. Like I said, even the math majors in Lee County could see this coming.

4077, I have to ask, in the interest of public health, did you climb that waterfall with your mask on? 😷

Carry on. popcorn::

Bama Ed

PS - btw, I have ketchup if anyone needs to borrow some on this trip ..... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter